Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Which race do you hate the most?

This is a discussion on Which race do you hate the most? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I was into red alert and after that just kind of lost interest...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I was into red alert and after that just kind of lost interest

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I was into red alert and after that just kind of lost interest
    Same here. I'm getting pissed because Blizzard is holding back D3 until SC2 comes out. SSSUUUUUUCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!

For now I'm on Guild Wars. For those that don't know, it's like WOW but free online play. I will never play D3 or SC2 if they mimic WOW (pay to play, and can only play online) Games like that should be given out for free for the initial software because they rape you the more you play.

D2, GW - Free online play, when games came out $40-$50 one time purchase.
    WOW - $40-$50 purchase for core game, must play online and pay a $15 monthly charge =

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Same here. I'm getting pissed because Blizzard is holding back D3 until SC2 comes out. SSSUUUUUUCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!

For now I'm on Guild Wars. For those that don't know, it's like WOW but free online play. I will never play D3 or SC2 if they mimic WOW (pay to play, and can only play online) Games like that should be given out for free for the initial software because they rape you the more you play.

WOW - $40-$50 purchase for core game, must play online and pay a $15 monthly charge =
    I know it's weird to some, but honestly, I've been playing Diablo 2 over again for a few days now and the subscription fees to bring quite significant value to the subscriber with them.

I know it's not the best comparison because they're different types of games and different time periods, etc., but the differences I've noticed:

WoW ($15/month):
    Live help
    Strong customer service
    Constant updates, fixes, patches
    More mature playerbase (Agewise, not necessarily mental maturity, but in general age comes with slightly more common sense at the least)
    Extremely low instances of cheating

D2 (free):
    More advertisement spam bots than actual human players
    Way more 12 year olds than WoW has (Sure, I was 12 when I started playing D2 as well, but some of these fuckers don't know when to shut up, or just plain dont know)
    Nonexistent customer service
    They hardly ever reset the ladder, and a patch is even more far between
    Items hacked and duped all the time

I suppose they have much more to lose by not providing the features they have for WoW when it's such a cash cow, but imo the fees I spent to play WoW were well worth it.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I know it's weird to some, but honestly, I've been playing Diablo 2 over again for a few days now and the subscription fees to bring quite significant value to the subscriber with them.

I know it's not the best comparison because they're different types of games and different time periods, etc., but the differences I've noticed:

WoW ($15/month):
    Live help
    Strong customer service
    Constant updates, fixes, patches
    More mature playerbase (Agewise, not necessarily mental maturity, but in general age comes with slightly more common sense at the least)
    Extremely low instances of cheating

D2 (free):
    More advertisement spam bots than actual human players
    Way more 12 year olds than WoW has (Sure, I was 12 when I started playing D2 as well, but some of these fuckers don't know when to shut up, or just plain dont know)
    Nonexistent customer service
    They hardly ever reset the ladder, and a patch is even more far between
    Items hacked and duped all the time

I suppose they have much more to lose by not providing the features they have for WoW when it's such a cash cow, but imo the fees I spent to play WoW were well worth it.

INB4 GW is a rip off of WOW.

GW has a little less graphic quality then WOW but they also provide all of the same things you have stated above for free. Weekly updates, Mature players, you have core story line and also side missions, and every day new quests/bounties. I've been playing since last Sep and I still haven't gotten tire of the game. My only regret is I wish I had started playing it sooner.

Also do you use Xfire for talking to partners while in game?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

lolz... WoW just had a mount that you can buy for$25.00... i bought one... the queue was over 200,000 people...

25 X 200k = 5 million dollars in ONE day...
    $15 x 10 mil players = 150 million a month...
    150mil x 12 = 1.8 billion a year...

i'm in the wrong business...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

INB4 GW is a rip off of WOW.

GW has a little less graphic quality then WOW but they also provide all of the same things you have stated above for free. Weekly updates, Mature players, you have core story line and also side missions, and every day new quests/bounties. I've been playing since last Sep and I still haven't gotten tire of the game. My only regret is I wish I had started playing it sooner.

Also do you use Xfire for talking to partners while in game?
    I must say I'm surprised at what GW looks like now (Just did a google search).

My only experience with it was prior to when I started playing WoW (~2006), and it was pretty terrible imo, but now it looks much more like a legit game.

I used to use Xfire with D2, but that was years ago when I was in a large clan.

In WoW we didn't; all the guilds I was in used Ventrillo (Voice chat, similar to Team-Speak if you're familiar with that).

Right now in Diablo 2, no I'm not, because I only started playing again about a week ago, and I don't know anyone who plays anymore

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    lolz... WoW just had a mount that you can buy for$25.00... i bought one... the queue was over 200,000 people...

25 X 200k = 5 million dollars in ONE day...
    $15 x 10 mil players = 150 million a month...
    150mil x 12 = 1.8 billion a year...

i'm in the wrong business...
    We are in the wrong business

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information