Thread: Quick rant...

Black
    99 Z28

Quick rant...

Mortgage company called. I was out of work for two months, it takes a few months to get caught back up. I'm caught up finally (as of now) on all my bills except for an HOA payment. yadda yadda yadda... anyway, the mortgage company called today looking for their payment, which I had. Got ready to make the payment, his system goes down and he can't take the payment.

Before that point in the call, I verified anything anyone could really want to know about another human I think.

"I'll call you back as soon as it's up."

"okay man, you've got about 15 minutes to call me back. If I don't get a call before then, I won't be here to take your call."

"well, I will call you when it's up and you better be ready to make a payment." - mind you that this is all in "English as a second language"

"Okay, I'm ready to make that payment. If you call in 15 minutes, I'll be able to make it with you, otherwise, we'll have to do it tomorrow or something. I won't be here to take your call."

about 10 minutes goes by and he calls me back.

"Hello, Mr. Steve?" (My name is Mike Stephenson)

"Yeah, we spoke just a few moments ago. Thanks for calling me back. Are you ready to take that payment."

"Yes, could I get you to verify your account information."

"Sure, my name is Mike Stephenson and SSN is XXX-XX-XXXX. Is there anything else you need?"

"Have you had any changes in your address or telephone number?" (which was asked in the previous call as part of the verification crap as well).

"No, in the last 10 minutes, I have not changed anything. I'm ready with my check book in hand to make a payment. Let me know when you're ready for the information."

"Okay, could you please have your checking account information available. It will be a few minutes for my systems to come up."

"I'm ready when you are."

"Okay, please have the information ready."

"Yeah. It's in my hand and ready to give to you when you're ready."

"Thank you please be sure that you have all of your checking account information."

"I'll see what I can do. Are you ready yet?"

"Yes, may I have your routing number please?"

"Yes, it's XXXXXXXX. Account number is XXXXXXXXXX. Do you need me too repeat that information?"

"So your routing number is XZZZY..."

"From the beginning: XXXXXXXXX......"

anyway, finally we get the payment set up. As discussed previously, it was supposed to be for only the past due amount, the rest will come next week. So he gives me the total that he has set up to charge which is only the next payment. Not the past due amount or the full amount owed, it's just the next due payment. So I corrected him, that only took a couple of tries so that was good. I told him I was going to be SEVERELY disappointed if my account was charged more than what we'd agreed on. I mentioned "SEVERELY disappointed" several times before he got on that he'd messed up. All in order. Payment made.

"Are you ready for the confirmation number?"

"Yes"

"Do you have a pen and paper handy?"

"Yes"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready when you are."

"Okay, let me know when you are ready to write it down."

"Give me the number!"

"Okay, it's XXXXXX. Thank you for banking with us. May I please know, is there anything else I may do for you today?"

"No, thank you."

"Mr. Steve, would you be interested in refinancing your home with us?"

"uhm, no I think I'll pass. Good day."

Now, does anyone else see the craziness of asking some "poor ass who's been late the last 4 months on his mortgage and who knows what else, who (was we discussed in the call) was out of work for a couple of months" about refinancing a loan? Quite possibly, are you seriously going to give me a lower interest rate after I've FUCKED my credit in recent months? Do companies do this to "pour salt in the wound"? Are there people out there stupid enough to go through all the BS of refinancing a loan in that type of situation anyway?

Let's see, I'd have early pay off penalties of about $4k, closing costs of no less than $3k I'm sure... hell yeah, where do I sign????

Okay, so it's not a quick rant, but I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Mortgage company called. I was out of work for two months, it takes a few months to get caught back up. I'm caught up finally (as of now) on all my bills except for an HOA payment. yadda yadda yadda... anyway, the mortgage company called today looking for their payment, which I had. Got ready to make the payment, his system goes down and he can't take the payment.

Before that point in the call, I verified anything anyone could really want to know about another human I think.

"I'll call you back as soon as it's up."

"okay man, you've got about 15 minutes to call me back. If I don't get a call before then, I won't be here to take your call."

"well, I will call you when it's up and you better be ready to make a payment." - mind you that this is all in "English as a second language"

"Okay, I'm ready to make that payment. If you call in 15 minutes, I'll be able to make it with you, otherwise, we'll have to do it tomorrow or something. I won't be here to take your call."

about 10 minutes goes by and he calls me back.

"Hello, Mr. Steve?" (My name is Mike Stephenson)

"Yeah, we spoke just a few moments ago. Thanks for calling me back. Are you ready to take that payment."

"Yes, could I get you to verify your account information."

"Sure, my name is Mike Stephenson and SSN is XXX-XX-XXXX. Is there anything else you need?"

"Have you had any changes in your address or telephone number?" (which was asked in the previous call as part of the verification crap as well).

"No, in the last 10 minutes, I have not changed anything. I'm ready with my check book in hand to make a payment. Let me know when you're ready for the information."

"Okay, could you please have your checking account information available. It will be a few minutes for my systems to come up."

"I'm ready when you are."

"Okay, please have the information ready."

"Yeah. It's in my hand and ready to give to you when you're ready."

"Thank you please be sure that you have all of your checking account information."

"I'll see what I can do. Are you ready yet?"

"Yes, may I have your routing number please?"

"Yes, it's XXXXXXXX. Account number is XXXXXXXXXX. Do you need me too repeat that information?"

"So your routing number is XZZZY..."

"From the beginning: XXXXXXXXX......"

anyway, finally we get the payment set up. As discussed previously, it was supposed to be for only the past due amount, the rest will come next week. So he gives me the total that he has set up to charge which is only the next payment. Not the past due amount or the full amount owed, it's just the next due payment. So I corrected him, that only took a couple of tries so that was good. I told him I was going to be SEVERELY disappointed if my account was charged more than what we'd agreed on. I mentioned "SEVERELY disappointed" several times before he got on that he'd messed up. All in order. Payment made.

"Are you ready for the confirmation number?"

"Yes"

"Do you have a pen and paper handy?"

"Yes"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready when you are."

"Okay, let me know when you are ready to write it down."

"Give me the number!"

"Okay, it's XXXXXX. Thank you for banking with us. May I please know, is there anything else I may do for you today?"

"No, thank you."

"Mr. Steve, would you be interested in refinancing your home with us?"

"uhm, no I think I'll pass. Good day."

Now, does anyone else see the craziness of asking some "poor ass who's been late the last 4 months on his mortgage and who knows what else, who (was we discussed in the call) was out of work for a couple of months" about refinancing a loan? Quite possibly, are you seriously going to give me a lower interest rate after I've FUCKED my credit in recent months? Do companies do this to "pour salt in the wound"? Are there people out there stupid enough to go through all the BS of refinancing a loan in that type of situation anyway?

Let's see, I'd have early pay off penalties of about $4k, closing costs of no less than $3k I'm sure... hell yeah, where do I sign????

Okay, so it's not a quick rant, but I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.
    Hey Doc, we've all gone thru this shit, us recently too, I feel your pain. You do the best you can and dont worry about it

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Here's what I'm going to do. I don't have any assets to speak of so this should work. I'm going to get as many fucking credit cards/loans as I can, hopefully in the 7 figure range by the time its all said and done. Once I've created my nest egg I'm going to take it all out of my bank account and hide it very well. Then I'm going to file bankruptcy. After that I'm not sure, I'll probably just do some world traveling.

God I wish the above was true. I hate creditors.

The problem is that they hire morons who couldn't graduate from elementary school and they give them a script to read from. No matter what your response is they are programmed to go down the list of questions to make sure everyone is treated the same, i.e. like a 4 year old child.

I have this issue when I call tech support for my computer.

Hello, my problem is blah, blah, blah.

Ok, is your computer on? (are you f-ing kidding me?)

yes my computer is on.

can you tell me what you see on your screen?

I just told you what the problem was.

I mean it gets old real fast. I hate tech and computer phone people machine read script a-holes...

I def. feel your pain.

Arctic White
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120 View Post
    The problem is that they hire morons who couldn't graduate from elementary school and they give them a script to read from. No matter what your response is they are programmed to go down the list of questions to make sure everyone is treated the same, i.e. like a 4 year old child.

I have this issue when I call tech support for my computer.

Hello, my problem is blah, blah, blah.

Ok, is your computer on? (are you f-ing kidding me?)

yes my computer is on.

can you tell me what you see on your screen?

I just told you what the problem was.

I mean it gets old real fast. I hate tech and computer phone people machine read script a-holes...

I def. feel your pain.
    I do tier 2 support for McAfee, and you'd be surprised what kind of idiot customers we get. There's often a reason for stupid questions. We have lots of customers who "just told you what the problem was" that have no fucking idea what they're talking about. In many of these cases, the problem in no way, shape, or form pertains to any of our products.

Now, I do corporate support, so I talk to admins most of the time. So, it's a bit different and not quite as bad (from either the customer's point of view or ours), but the same concept applies.

I'm no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination but when I call up it's usually with a reasonable question and I explain it pretty well. I also tell them I'm not a computer idiot and I know basics and how to click and type so there is no need to go turtle speed, but they do it anyway.

I wanna slit my wrists sometimes, but I can imagine there are also idiots that do call up. My point is that people should be treated at their level not everyone is a moron.

Thread Information