Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Question for People who Have Been to LA

Im stuck in the miserable climate of Buffalo and sometime in the future want to relocate. I've always had a passion to go to California but with work and since my dad owns part of the company, I basically live here. But I will get out there someday. The LA area looks georgous. Is it as clean/nice as it looks on TV and Pictures? Anyone move from the northeastern area to Cali and love/regret it?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I lived in the valley for a few years...yup...I love LA man....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Some of the areas around LA are quite nice, however it is the only place I have ever been that is too hot, too dry, too much smog, and the worst traffic in the world... Prices are high and so is crime...

Now if you can afford it, the San Diego area seems much nicer...
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

I've been in South Cali, stationed on Camp Pendleton for about 6 years total now, (been deployed about half that time).

I like California, don't like the smog laws on the vehicles, the gun laws are f***ing stupid, but the weather is great, There's alot of Fags and Liberals around, too many bleeding heart types for me. I live is about 1/2 hr to San Diego, or 1/2 hour to LA. I preffer San Diego over LA. The I-5 is the only place in America were if you aren't driveing 80mph you're probly driveing too slow, and if you keep it under 100mph you're usally good, 85-90mph is a standard speed around here.

Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar
    Born and raised in LA here (Manhattan Beach to be exact) there are a TON of different areas, from west hollywood, the valley, the south bay, etc etc to choose from...It all depends what you want...I prefer the beach areas (Manhattan, Redondo, Hermosa, etc) because why live in LA if you aren't by the beach? Yes the traffic sucks and there are a shit load of people, but it has tons of perks- the nightlife, the shops, the weather, you are near everything- 2 hours to skiing, 2 hours to the desert, 3-4 hours to vegas, glamis, etc etc...there is literally something for everyone. In my opinon, people either love LA or hate it...not too much grey area there. If you need any info on areas to live in, cost of living, commute time, location, etc feel free to PM me.
    But all in all, I would definatly suggest living in LA or so cal in general to everyone, everyone should at least experience it for a while in their life...there literally is no other place like it!

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Thanks for the input. This definately sounds like the place for me. I hope I can make it out there soon.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

I moved out to LA at the begining of 03, and i love it, it is way better than minnesota. The only thing that sucks is the price of houses.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sell fake drivers licenses to Mexicans and live in a big house.

Polo Green
    1992 RS

I lived out there for 15 months... enjoyed it and had fun, but came back to the East Coast for my son.... I usually visit out there 4-5 times a year now.. got a few friends there that I hang out with.....
    I agree that the traffic does suck, and the smog laws are tight... I was living in the 'Valley' (San Fernando) around Northridge, so it wasnt too bad there.. was all over the place though... definately was out at the beaches tho when I could... oh and if you can, avoid the 101 and the 405 freeways as much as you can.. those are the two worst for traffic....
    The fun part about it though is that you can see some decent street racing out there, even though its illegal, it goes on alot... I was witness to quite a few runs between cars.... Compton, although is not to great of a place to be after nightfall, is home to some serious racing I hear...
    Basically if you can put up with the higher gas prices, the traffic, and the people, you'll do fine..... L.A. does offer alot to those willing to put up with it all...

Black
    98 T/A

Spent some time in the northern valley, Simi..Very nice, VERY EXPENSIVE. Freeways were a nightmare, gas was out the roof. But it was very nice just to visit.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Sounds awesome. I was looking at land and real estate in the hollywood area...the dcheapest I found was .24 acres for $100,000 lol. I don't know what the laws are, but I'm sure that isn't enough to put a business on.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Thats the other thing. Without a business, how do people afford the cost of living?

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

california is not small business friendly.

oh wait, thats the whole united states, my bad.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I moved from michigan to la, basically because of the weather. I love it here. It is extremely expensive to live here, but its amazing. We live at the end of the valley, and we don't have to go into the city too much, so the traffic isn't too bad for us. It is so nice to be able to drive the sports cars all year round, and the scenery and roads out here are incredible!

here are some pics i took:

this is overlooking the valley-

and this isn't a great pic, but this was our weather on 11-25

Polo Green
    1992 RS

Hey I recognize that 3rd picture.. I took one of the same view.. I love that park there.. nice and quiet for the most part.. good to 'get away from the grind' for awhile!!
    I used to work at the Rydell Chevrolet dealership located on Devonshire/Reseda for a bit.. sold cars there... good place to go if you want to get into a new/used Corvette.... they usually have a few sitting around... I sold 3 C6's while there and one new Z06......

Silver
    99 Z-28

Look at San Diego, better weather and a few million less people. I lived there for 12 years, there is really no seasons, so time just goes by. Great city and many things to do. Only drawback, no tracks (Carlsbad had one to the north, not sure if it is still there).

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    california is not small business friendly.

oh wait, thats the whole united states, my bad.
    You're crazy. Just drive down Ventura BLVD from Calabasas to BUrbank and all you pass is small businesses.

L.A. kicks ass. I live in Woodland Hills which is the west part of the San Fernando Valley. We have been a bit cooler lately then we should be (global warming my ass) so it is only going to be 70 on Christmas this year. It was 82 last year. Other then the cost of housing, it is the best place in the country IMHO.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by thende2617 View Post
    Look at San Diego, better weather and a few million less people. I lived there for 12 years, there is really no seasons, so time just goes by. Great city and many things to do. Only drawback, no tracks (Carlsbad had one to the north, not sure if it is still there).
    Carlsbad is gone.

They printed my letter on this page: http://www.carlsbadraceway.org/DragsArchive1.html

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Hey Ed, I've heard about you. I went to a few GME meetings, and I hang out with some of those guys

jacobyb- you dont have one of those support the troops sticker things on your car do you?

(sorry to get off topic)

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I'd like to get a small business going here soon and I want to be somewhere where the economy should stay up and where the weather is awesome. Like I said before, I hope I can get out there this summer. From the pics and the stuff you all are telling me, it seems like a promising place to live for anyone. That is if you don't mind the traffic and have a decent job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information