Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Angry Question About a Ticket...

the Story: a buddy follows me to a the shop so i can get my dash hawk remounted (my ride while its being done), so we go back bout 2 hrs later and pick it up were headin home and he follows me home( live in same area). We get to my house n decide to go cruise in my car since he has a v6 mustang lol. so we do that and after cruising were coming to my house as i turn on my road a cop comes flying up behind me with lights on as im turning into my driveway. i figure he was goin around but nope not that lucky. He comes up and says he clocked me 50 in a 30. i say where and he says my road. i say that i was at most doing 40 and he just laughs, which i was only doing about 40. he then proceeds to tell me he knows i was street racing with the mustang in the driveway. i say obviously not its in my driveway and i dont street race. He then says we have a report of you and him racing. apparently someone reported we were racing when he was following me home almost 2 hrs prior to this. He wouldnt show me my speed on the radar, also my brother said he couldn't even of clocked me i was slowing down to turn into my drive when he pulled on my road ( my bro was standing outside while all this is goin down).

Questions:
    Speed limit sign on my road says 30 "when children present" otherwise the speed limit is 45 or 50 not totally sure,its a school and this happened at 8 so no kids in school, so he cant give one for 30 when no kids are present correct?

He says he put "notes" that i was street racing on my record he cant do that since he has no proof and i wasn't even doing it right?

Should i fight this?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like he had his mind made up before he stopped you... and nothing you said was going to make a difference. Good luck with this.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

I would, that sounds like fucking bullshit? Wait for someone else to chime in though.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

yah my buddy and brother both agree with me that this guy just was making shit up which he was i wasnt goin over 45 and he was just a complete dick from the start

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If you were in a school zone and there were no kids OR school, you should be good. If the cop assumed you were street racing with the stang in the driveway then he was profiling. The way I was taught by my cop relatives, ya can't be a smart @$$ in uniform. It WILL come back to bite ya in the @$$ later on.

They can't post notes like that. Thats bs for sure. (ex is a cop, I asked)
    and you can definately fight it but 9 out of 10 times if the cop is there they are going to with the cop not you. you have a better chance of getting off if he doesnt show up then beating him out of the ticket. But its worth a try....

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Fight it... and if it makes you feel better(and if you have the money) hire a traffic attorny to fight it for you... they usually are fairly priced.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

take that fucker to court for sure, definately if hes gona peg you for street racing

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Fight it. I would say in my cases 75% of the time the cop no-shows and ticket is dropped.

IF he does show just state your case and he might drop it or knock it down to a lesser charge.

Attorneys are a waste. I seen people spend 499 and 500 dollars to get out of a speeding ticket when you can do it yourself.

I once got a ticket dropped after I told the magistrate that I had larger tires on my truck so the speedo was off.... It worked

Another time I fought a ticket the cop admitted to me he did not radar me but still wrote me a ticket. Hr dropped it... I was like why did you even waste my time making me come down here for this.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What do you mean should I fight this? In california here our cars are taken and we have a choice of more money or pund me in the ass prison for being caught street racing. You said it right there he clocked you at 50 when you say the speedlimit is 45 at that hour, they have a camera on the cop car tell them to retrieve it as evidence. If you feel so bold ask the court why the hell you would race a v-6 mustang

Unless he saw you racing he don't have shit, don't ask me how I know okay

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    Fight it. I would say in my cases 75% of the time the cop no-shows and ticket is dropped.

IF he does show just state your case and he might drop it or knock it down to a lesser charge.

Attorneys are a waste. I seen people spend 499 and 500 dollars to get out of a speeding ticket when you can do it yourself.

I once got a ticket dropped after I told the magistrate that I had larger tires on my truck so the speedo was off.... It worked

Another time I fought a ticket the cop admitted to me he did not radar me but still wrote me a ticket. Hr dropped it... I was like why did you even waste my time making me come down here for this.
    Because they thought you would just pay them-I know you knew that, it's just that traffic cops suck.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Fight it if you can

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post

WHAT??!!

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

First off. Never ever ever admit to going any speed over the posted speed limit. Evenif it is only 1 MPH over the limit. Trust me, it will bit you in the ass if and when you ever go to court.

Second, you were doing 40 in a posted speed zone of 30, even though kids were not present, you still could get a ticket for speeding, you even said you not sure what the posted speed limit is. typically 45+ speed zone are for "main" roads not secondary roads. and school zones are a lot less the 30 MPH when kids are present, something like 15-20 MPH. If he wanted to give you a tix. he would have. Not sure how old you are but he saw a "kid" driving a flashy muscle car and wanted to investigate it. Not the car, you.

Third, he was trying to trap you about the street racing.

Fourth, the only two ways for it to be on your record is: a) you get caught street racing/speeding. that stays there for a while. b) you get a written warning. that is good for 30 days in most places and the insurance does not even know about it.

So if you did not get a ticket or a written warning, then forget it. he was busting your balls.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

looks like be headin to court then

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Nothing wrong with stating your case to the judge

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Yea I was pretty ticked off about it. When I got the ticket I never thought about asking him if he clocked me or not. Hell I assume most of the time it is easy money.

Another time while I was laid off I was speeding through a school zone doing 50 or 55 and I just diden't realise it. I looked up and seen the cop slow down and do a u-turn I knew I was hit..... When he asked me I was just like I diden't even realise that I was speeding through here. I am laid off this week and I am not used to being on the road at this time of the day. Amazing he just gave me a warning.

Another time my dog killed a skunk just before I had to leave for work and needless to say I was in a rush. I forgot my wallet at home with everthing in it and I got nailed speeding to work. Cop was really cool... Told him the story and he wrote me for 5mph over, but did not bust me for not having my licence or proof of insurance. That's the only ticket I never attempted to fight. I heard they could have still fined me for no proof of ins etc.

Even though 5mph adds no points to your licence it will still effect your insurance rates. I pay $40 more per month because of that little ticket.

I've just realised I have a lot of getting pulled over stories.... lol

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Never ever admit to going over the speed limit. ie "No officer it was 40 not 50." You basically admitted to speeding. Otherwise I can't really blame the cop. If he genuinely thought you were racing illegally then he was doing his job.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

And yes you should fight it. Get a lawyer.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

take it to court and hope for the best.but be warned, the judge WILL believe the cop over you(he said she said type thing) if you do not have a witness.and yeah,i think the vast majority of cops are crooked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information