Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Q for those who went through Basic Training

How long does it take to write a letter? How long does it take to get a reply?

I met some chick before she went into the Nat'l Guard and I assumed we were close, but she left 2/21 and I've gotten 1 letter from her. I replied back about 3 weeks ago and no reply yet. Is it just me, or she doesn't care much?

Well I went in the Navy. All branches are diff. But I wouldnt jump to to many conclussions. Letter writing is the furthest from mind. Wait till after basic training.
    99 Z28
    U.S. NAVY
    P-3 ORION
    FLIGHT ENGINEER
    ***IBNFE***
    FLY NAVY

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

In the Marines the want you to write home and they also send a this little letter to your parents /spouse to write you too.. Turn around time is normal ... no more than a few days ...

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

She probably doesn't care much. The male to female ratio is so skewed the women usually get around big time, and waste no time getting to it.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    She probably doesn't care much. The male to female ratio is so skewed the women usually get around big time, and waste no time getting to it.

hahaha. I always appreciate brutal honesty.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea jeez, hope you can take it man

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Even in basic? I didn't even see a woman until my 2nd to last week.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    In the Marines the want you to write home and they also send a this little letter to your parents /spouse to write you too.. Turn around time is normal ... no more than a few days ...
    So at least I know it's not the postal service...

Yea talk about brutal honesty...but i assumed that they were seperated.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    Even in basic? I didn't even see a woman until my 2nd to last week.
    Yea even more honesty lol

Black
    2005 GTO

Sorry but I have to share a story with you guys.

A buddy of mine just left for the navy like 2 weeks ago. His mom just got a letter from him and in it he said, sorry I have't called you mom but I don't know how to use the pay phone. This kid is almost 21 and does't know how to use a pay phone coming from him its even funnier cause he is the funnest kid i've ever met I can acutually sitting at the pay phone trying to get to work with a totally puzzeled look on his face.

Back on topic I would just chill like others said it proabably the farthest thing on her mind. It's not that you mean nothing(im just assuming I don't know what yall had) just shes got more than enought on her plate right now. If she writes great if she does't just see what happens when she gets out.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

If shes in basic she could be scared absolutely shitless. Ever consider that? MOst people would write their parents before anyone else. At least thats what I would think.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Back on topic I would just chill like others said it proabably the farthest thing on her mind. It's not that you mean nothing(im just assuming I don't know what yall had) just shes got more than enought on her plate right now. If she writes great if she does't just see what happens when she gets out.
    Soo you're saying she's probably busy w/ training or the guy/girl ratio? She said to me b4 she left that when she was trying to get an advancement on her bonus or something her recruiter told her, "guys will pay girls like you to do stuff for them"......hopefully he wasn't referring to what happens in training.

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    I met some chick before she went into the Nat'l Guard and I assumed we were close,...
    how long was the time in-between that u met her and the time she went to basic?
    this could have some significance IMO, but U also mentioned SHE wrote U first right? Hmmmm.....
    I'd say don't stress it either way... You're apart now, sooo... whatever happens, happens I would guess...
    any other ideas?

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

her recruiter told her, "guys will pay girls like you to do stuff for them"......hopefully he wasn't referring to what happens in training.
    WTF??? that doesn't sound right... is it just me? That sounds WRONG...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

her recruiter told her, "guys will pay girls like you to do stuff for them"......hopefully he wasn't referring to what happens in training.
    Doesn't surprise me...i'm sure they'll turn her out and she'll do everything for free.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Doesn't surprise me...i'm sure they'll turn her out and she'll do everything for free.
    yea dude go to hell

05 Wrangler

yea dude go to hell
    ahahha....and as far as the thread topic it doesn't sound too good for you. You look forward to mail call in boot camp..it's really all you have keeping you connected to the outside world/your former life. I always tried to send out as many letters as possible so that i'd get something everyday...ish

If you plan on trying to continue whatever relationship you have with this chic then i'd get used to the feelings that you're having right now.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

dont jump to conclusions that is a sure fire way to end it. when I was in bootcamp(marine corps) it took as long as 2 weeks to get letters. not to mention you dont get much time. wait till she gets back. I can assure you this she didint meet anybody in there. but when all else fails hope for the best but plan for the worst. looka t it this way after 3 months the sex will be great

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    looka t it this way after 3 months the sex will be great
    After boot I think I lasted for all of 6 pumps...shit was so great I almost passed out.

Completely off topic but did anyone else not even get wood in boot camp? For 3 months I didn't get shit...no morning wood or anything. I heard they spike the jello but that's gotta be BS.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

i have herd that to but i think its the fact that you are streight and you have seen nothing but guys for 3 months

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    If you plan on trying to continue whatever relationship you have with this chic then i'd get used to the feelings that you're having right now.
    this isn't fucking hater forum....ls1 forum. if you're being honest than say it in a smart way. i ran into you a bunch of times on this forum within the past 2 year and i gotta tell you i didn't expect you to be such a prick about this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    dont jump to conclusions that is a sure fire way to end it. when I was in bootcamp(marine corps) it took as long as 2 weeks to get letters. not to mention you dont get much time. wait till she gets back. I can assure you this she didint meet anybody in there. but when all else fails hope for the best but plan for the worst. looka t it this way after 3 months the sex will be great
    I hear you on that. I guess I went through the same thing b4 until I heard from her, felt good for about 2 weeks after I wrote back, and now I'm back to skepticism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information