Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

q about pool table

anyone had new felt put on their pool table? and if so, how much was it? also, will they come to your house and re-felt it or would i have to dissasemble it and bring to them. my pool table is badly in need of new felt. oh btw, is a bar room size table(8ft) i think

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

my friend had his redone and they came to his house to do it. not sure on the price though.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00redws6 View Post
    my friend had his redone and they came to his house to do it. not sure on the price though.
    ok, cool. thanks for the response. surely it cant be that much.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yep i think it was $150-200. and well worth it. im looking to buy one right now!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    yep i think it was $150-200. and well worth it. im looking to buy one right now!
    thats not too bad. you wont regret getting one, their so nice to have. mines out in my man cave(garage) along w/ couch, recliner, tv, radio, and of course my fridge for alcohol.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

They will come to your location, went with a custom color, and had a few other minor repairs done and it cost $655.00. Should be less for you.
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WS6 KILLS View Post
    They will come to your location, went with a custom color, and had a few other minor repairs done and it cost $655.00. Should be less for you.
    woah, im not spending that much. fuck that. i hope your right about the should be less for me part. damn, just what exactly were the "minor" repairs?

They should do it for about 150-200.. i did mine myself.. make sure you get a good cloth like simonis on it though. i got simonis 860

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Had mine done 3 years ago, guy came to my house and charged me $300.00. I called around too and he was the cheapest. Other wanted $400 - $450. Location will affect price too. Next time I'm doing it myself.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

i did mine . . . 12 bucks of orange felt from walmart did the trick. its not pool table quality tho. its kinda thicker, but if your not playin all the time its perfect. if not check out mueller. i think you can get a felt kit from them for around 50 or 60 bucks

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

awesome. 'preciate the responces.

EB
    2002 Z06

I've had mine done several times. Plan on about 200. You may want to replace some/all of your rails while your at it. They looose their "bounce" after some years. There are several grades of felt too. Go for the better felt. Most shops will come to your place to do the work.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Yes, they replaced all of my rails, and repaired 2 pockets, that's why mine was $655.00. Also the custom color felt I chose cost a little more.

imo its well worth it to do yourself. its just time consuming taking the table apart. all three of the ones ive done the felt was just held on with staples. very easy to remove and replace.

heres muellers, where my parents got their felt from:
    http://www.poolndarts.com/85-Pool-Table-Cloth/
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 06-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

if i do decide to do it myself, could i do it myself fairly easy or would it be alot easier if i had a buddy help stretch the felt..?

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WS6 KILLS View Post
    Yes, they replaced all of my rails, and repaired 2 pockets, that's why mine was $655.00. Also the custom color felt I chose cost a little more.
    that makes sense why the price was up there a little bit. up until a few of ya'll mentioned it, i didnt even think about redoing the rails. but now that its been mentioned im going to also.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    if i do decide to do it myself, could i do it myself fairly easy or would it be alot easier if i had a buddy help stretch the felt..?
    If you want a fast playing table and keep the felt tight, staple 1 end down... use alot of staples to keep it tight... then have a buddy stretch it as good as they can and staple that bitch down.. remember to use alot of staple or it will come loose and play crappy. I did my table with my sister.. And to check your rails before you think you need to replace them, squeeze them and if they are squishy your good. If they are hard replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by blk-ws6 View Post
    If you want a fast playing table and keep the felt tight, staple 1 end down... use alot of staples to keep it tight... then have a buddy stretch it as good as they can and staple that bitch down.. remember to use alot of staple or it will come loose and play crappy. I did my table with my sister.. And to check your rails before you think you need to replace them, squeeze them and if they are squishy your good. If they are hard replace them.
    its seriously worth it to do it yourself and save yourself a couple hundred in labor for someone else to install it.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    its seriously worth it to do it yourself and save yourself a couple hundred in labor for someone else to install it.
    alright. im going to do it this weekend.

Thread Information