Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PEWTER
    2001 camaro

pulled over street racing

First I like to say I know i fu#$ed up. I got pulled over racing another camaro it was kinda late and there wasn t any traffic I thought I was ok but as soon as I slow down motorcycle cop flips his lights on and there wasnt any way to make a break for it if anybody has had this happen or has any legal advice that would be great. thanks

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well you need to tell us what tickets you recieved or go into more detail as to what happened after he turned his lights on..........

Did the other car stop also.........???????
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

PEWTER
    2001 camaro

street racing 23109(a)
    modified emissions27156(a)

it was in sacramento california
    after i beat him he did the loser fly by and turned right i slowed down to turn right cause I thought he was gonna pull over to talk he takes off so i flip a u turn right as i do I see a motorcycle cop flips his lights on i pull over they right me a ticket i call my girl to pick me up she's pissed and they tow my car they said it would be up to 30 days they later picked up the other guy drunk several intersections later. Oh it was a raspy sounding black ss 2000?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would be calling a few different attorneys in the morning!

Depending on what type of statement you made to him you might be stuck with the ticket. Hopefully for your sake you made NO type of admission to racing shit.
    Due to the fact he didn't pursue the other car nor pull you over immediately following the pass he more than likely only heard the cars.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

they cannot give out a street racing ticket to only one person. if they don't give it to both people then you can fight it and say if I was racing why is there noone else getting a ticket for it and say you weren't racing. admit to speeding though. maybe revving a bit when you shifted, claim you missed a gear and revved it hard. I got out of a street racing ticket because the other person just left and didn't pull over. the cop dropped it because he had no proof at all.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    they cannot give out a street racing ticket to only one person. if they don't give it to both people then you can fight it and say if I was racing why is there noone else getting a ticket for it and say you weren't racing. admit to speeding though. maybe revving a bit when you shifted, claim you missed a gear and revved it hard. I got out of a street racing ticket because the other person just left and didn't pull over. the cop dropped it because he had no proof at all.
    Cali's laws are way different than Tennessee's.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Cali's laws are way different than Tennessee's.
    really. even on that stuff? man. im sorry.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

really. even on that stuff? man. im sorry.
    Yes they have tried to become the state of state's on trying to end street racing. So yes unfortunately they are all on there own on many laws and ordinances.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yes they have tried to become the state of state's on trying to end street racing. So yes unfortunately they are all on there own on many laws and ordinances.
    that has to suck. I get out of tickets all the time becaus I know the laws and regulations and use them to my advantage. lol. I got pulled over for running open ypipe today. he said I didn't have muffler and his reasoning for saying that was how loud my car was. I said, "I have a muffler on this car. it is visable in the back, get behind it and look below it" he asked me to get out of my car to show him. I got out of my car walked to the back and pointed it out. he asked me why my car was loud and I just said my engine isn't stock and a "stock" muffler won't muffle it very well. there are no laws in tennessee against modding your car. if you pass visual inspection and sniffer on a pre96 car they can't say anythign else. needless to say I got out of that ticket no problem

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

yeah where i live they had really started cracking down on loud exhaust, but the cops have slowed down on handing tickets out for it. i think it was mainly the ricers they were after but a few guys i know got busted for their trucks being too loud. for a while every other rice car had that weedeater exhaust going on but i havent heard one in a while.

how fast were you guys going?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Glad no one cares about loud exhaust here. If they did they'd have to pull over practically every car around since so many don't have exhaust at all (I'm talking everything: muscle, trucks, passenger cars, I've even seen loud as hell geo metros around here that sound like lawn mowers). No emissions laws here.

Anyway.. I just hope all goes well for you. Not to scare you or anything, but I thought California was the state where they started court ordering street racer's cars crushed while they watched?? I saw something about it on the news once. I just hope that doesn't happen to you - that would REALLY REALLY suck. I couldn't watch. I already don't like cops, but if that happened no telling what I'd be like afterwords.

"if they don't give it to both people then you can fight it and say if I was racing why is there noone else getting a ticket for it and say you weren't racing"

That probably sounds like the best idea. Definitely get a layer, imo. You're car might be on the line..

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

stop posting about it and delete this thread before it makes it back to the prosecutor...

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Glad no one cares about loud exhaust here. If they did they'd have to pull over practically every car around since so many don't have exhaust at all (I'm talking everything: muscle, trucks, passenger cars, I've even seen loud as hell geo metros around here that sound like lawn mowers). No emissions laws here.

Anyway.. I just hope all goes well for you. Not to scare you or anything, but I thought California was the state where they started court ordering street racer's cars crushed while they watched?? I saw something about it on the news once. I just hope that doesn't happen to you - that would REALLY REALLY suck. I couldn't watch. I already don't like cops, but if that happened no telling what I'd be like afterwords.

"if they don't give it to both people then you can fight it and say if I was racing why is there noone else getting a ticket for it and say you weren't racing"

That probably sounds like the best idea. Definitely get a layer, imo. You're car might be on the line..
    Yea, I love Kentucky!
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

NBM
    99 TA

if you say the other guy was drunk, and did get pulled over just fight it and say the guy was drunk and threatning your life and you were just trying to get away

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Man, Fast and the Furious really ruined shit. Since that movie came out and every dumb ass in a 18 second Honda wants to race the street racing laws have become ridiculous. I remember back in 99' before that retarded movie came out and I got pulled over for speeding past a red TA at about 20 over the speed limit. I wasn't racing but the cop wrote it out that way to DO ME A FAVOR. At that time the street racing fine was $50 and that was it. The speeding ticket would have been about $200. Retarded when you think about it but thats how it was.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i spoke with a cop from va beach about this subject and they say it is to hard to prove if both parties deny they were street racing

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    At that time the street racing fine was $50 and that was it. The speeding ticket would have been about $200. Retarded when you think about it but thats how it was.
    Wow... that's amazing. Stupid vin diesel and his stupid rx-7 making every import "cool" if they have stickers and a wing.

Fuck paul walker too.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

that has to suck. I get out of tickets all the time becaus I know the laws and regulations and use them to my advantage. lol. I got pulled over for running open ypipe today. he said I didn't have muffler and his reasoning for saying that was how loud my car was. I said, "I have a muffler on this car. it is visable in the back, get behind it and look below it" he asked me to get out of my car to show him. I got out of my car walked to the back and pointed it out. he asked me why my car was loud and I just said my engine isn't stock and a "stock" muffler won't muffle it very well. there are no laws in tennessee against modding your car. if you pass visual inspection and sniffer on a pre96 car they can't say anythign else. needless to say I got out of that ticket no problem
    i have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for being too loud.. i know guys running true duals cutouts ypipe and open headers.. never been pulled over.. hixson may be different.. but i think they should be the same since were in the same state..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for being too loud.. i know guys running true duals cutouts ypipe and open headers.. never been pulled over.. hixson may be different.. but i think they should be the same since were in the same state..
    i did in my old thirdgen. 4pm

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I got a couple $200 ticket for loud exhaust in IN. back in the mid 96-97 those were from 1 chambers behind a 13.5:1 289 with just turn downs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information