0 0%
  • none of the above

3 4.69%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question PS3 or 360 Xbox?

which one would you buy and why?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

PS3 much faster and better capabilities, it will not be outdated as soon as the 360

the games aren't as good yet i understand, but i'd get the ps3

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

PS3 owner right here...i agree w/ Zoso the 360 will be outdated way faster than the PS3...i mean what kind of console ships without HDMI...yes i know the Elite now has it but what about all the first 360 owners?? yes they are now screwed into buying the Elite if they want it...software is not as good on the PS3 yet but it will...It hasnt even been out for a year yet.

Its not till recently that 360 started getting good games and its been out for nearly 2 years. For PS3 the best is yet to come

The Xbox360 has the games, but I like the PS3 alot better. I have the first Xbox, and PS2 and I like playing the PS2 alot more, but I like my Xbox for the violent games.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

It depends if money is an issue.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I like the PS3 way better. Im not a fan of Microsoft nor the xbox nor the 360.
    The PS3 is much stronger, I know the games right now aren't that great but neither are the games for the 360. Halo can kiss my ass I don't care for it, any of the good games out are multi platform anyways. Right now the Wii is winning the console wars and I enjoy the wii very much so im going to stick with that till the PS3 price drops (and hopefully the release of a remake of Final Fantasy VII

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

This poll surprises me, the 360 should be way ahead if comparing sales figures. No one is buying PS3's...

I bought a 360 because the controller was nice and the online gaming is the best around. The new madden plays like sh** on the PS3, but I guess the same could be said about the first madden on 360 too. The companies who make the games need to be blamed for putting such crap products out there.

As far as HDMI goes, 360 games only support up to1080i, so the composite cables work just fine. PS3 plays blu-ray discs, so HDMI makes sense.

taking this poll also means we can show the demand and interest in gaming (in a gamers forum )

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I bought a launch 360 and had a blast with it for over a year...flawlessly. I sold it to help pay for my computer that i'm on right now...but I missed the 360 so much that i bought another one a few days ago.

Both systems have their strong and weak points. I thought about buying a PS3 but the online is just too shitty...the games suck so far...longer load times because of the blu-ray..and it's $600 bucks. The actual hardware is built better then the 360 but the graphics on the games aren't any better right now....in a couple years they might be though.

So yea...Xbox Live and the exclusive game titles microsoft snagged up is why I bought another 360.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    [B]PS3 much faster and better capabilities, it will not be outdated as soon as the 360

the games aren't as good yet i understand, but i'd get the ps3
    The systems are designed completely different so it's hard to compare the two...but the PS3 isn't much faster. The 360's general purpose processing is faster then the PS3's...while the PS3 has better floating point performance. You can google the rest for the system comparisons...but the PS3 is by no means a clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28 View Post
    PS3 owner right here...i agree w/ Zoso the 360 will be outdated way faster than the PS3...i mean what kind of console ships without HDMI...yes i know the Elite now has it but what about all the first 360 owners?? yes they are now screwed into buying the Elite if they want it...software is not as good on the PS3 yet but it will...It hasnt even been out for a year yet.

Its not till recently that 360 started getting good games and its been out for nearly 2 years. For PS3 the best is yet to come
    Regular 360's have HDMI now also (not the core ones though)...I just bought one. The thing that sucks about the 360 is everything is a damn add-on. The HD-DVD player...the wi-fi...the bigger harddrive...Microsoft knows how to milk it.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Selride View Post
    This poll surprises me, the 360 should be way ahead if comparing sales figures. No one is buying PS3's...

I bought a 360 because the controller was nice and the online gaming is the best around. The new madden plays like sh** on the PS3, but I guess the same could be said about the first madden on 360 too. The companies who make the games need to be blamed for putting such crap products out there.

As far as HDMI goes, 360 games only support up to1080i, so the composite cables work just fine. PS3 plays blu-ray discs, so HDMI makes sense.
    Are you hooked up to Live? There was a update awhile back that makes your 360 1080p if you have the tv for it...which most don't. You can get 1080p over composite..

Atari is still better...

a funny comedian

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

360 for sure....i have the elite myself , much better games... halo 3, GRAW 2, forza 2, etc.... many more

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by PureSShp00 View Post
    360 for sure....i have the elite myself , much better games... halo 3, GRAW 2, forza 2, etc.... many more
    GRAW 2 is on PS3 so i dunno why you say it has better games...Forza 2 is whatever...id rather play gran turismo 4 on PS2...no racing game is gonna compare to GT5 tho NEVER!!

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

but we are talking about PS3 or 360 and i guarantee graw 2 is better on 360

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

SEVEREDISTORTION...yeah they might have HDMI now but what about if you were one of the early 360 adoptors?? your screwed into buying another one...microsoft does know how to milk it and here is why...$100 for wi-fi...$200 for HD-Player which doesnt even play games...plus whatever you spend on Live...and thats clearly over $600...now i ask all of you...who has the better hardware?? and best of all who offers the best deal?? WITHOUT A DOUBT SONY DOES!!

You get built in wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity...blu-ray which plays games (which is the format that has the most support) blu-ray disc have outsold HD DVD every month at a pace of 3 to 1...1080p right out of the box...plus free online play (i think is pretty damn good for being free..never had lag problems or problems connecting to servers...thousands of people are always on) great titles coming the next 2 months and early 08 MGS4, HAZE, Rachet & Clank, Uncharted, Killzone 2, Folklore, GT5, more than one Final Fantasy, Home, LBP, Getaway...and the list goes on

As for load times...no the PS3 does not load longer than the 360 even if the blu-ray player is at 2x (i believe its 2x) plus the fact that there is a hard drive in every console decreases load times as well...developers can program to use the hard drive unlike 360 developers who cannot since they don't know if customers have an HDD on their 360 (core system)

PS3 is just a better machine than the 360...it is just truly next-gen...all of the features you want conveniently packaged into the machine

and whats up with the horrible powerbrick that ships with the 360?? That thing is half the size of the damn console!!

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by PureSShp00 View Post
    but we are talking about PS3 or 360 and i guarantee graw 2 is better on 360
    its the exact same game dude

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

People are starting to complain dat the special edition Halo 3 package comes with scratched discs Microsoft immediately responded telling people to send them back to them and they would ship them out a good version haha i would be pissed if i had to wait for it to ship to and from MS...shitty microsoft has done it again putting out yet another defective product out there all i have to say about MS is this

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

The PS3 to date has been a sales flop from hell, On the other hand the 360's burn up. I prefer the 360 only for the game selection. But assuming that GT5 rocks fucking socks and a 700hp Z06 doesn't sound like a civic then I'll be buying a PS3.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information