Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Custom
    2002 LS1

Proposal Question

So I have never been in to this kind of thing, I have always said I would be single forever... Weeeell I have been with this girl for over 7 years now, we took about a 2 year break to see if we wanted to be with other people and just explore, that did not work all I could do was think about her and compare every girl to her. Same thing happened to her she compared who she was with to me. So long story short we are back together and living with each other again, it is much better then what we had before. So there is a little feed back. My question would be what is a good way to propose? Does anyone have any good ideas? Help me out a little please. When it comes to stuff like this I have no imagination!! I know you guys dont like answering questions about girls unless you see pictures so here you go, She is the one on the left.

Attachment 5290

Jordan

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if you can, put the ring on her hand while she is sleeping, and be sure to be up be4 she is, as to see her reaction and pop the question.

Black
    99 Z28

Which one is she? BTW, off topic, do you like your doors? are you happy with them?

I think the while you're sleeping thing is good. have you guys been talking about it?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

she's hot by the way

Custom
    2002 LS1

yea that sleeping one is good but I am screwed if I wake her up!!! She is the one on the left. Yes we have talked about it and know we want to get married and have kids.

on a side note yes I do like my doors, I get complements on them every where I go. If you want to talk about the door IM me or start a new thread. Thanks

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

What the hell are you doing Jordan?? NOOOOOO!!!!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

I can't believe you took two years off from each other. I would have to go traditional here and take her out for a quiet dinner and look into each others eyes. This is serious shit here! Make sure you both understand the implications, too many end up bad. We're getting ready to celebrate our 25th and being best friends is the most important aspect of the deal. Good luck to both of you.

It took some thought, and i bounced ideas off of some people before i actually popped the question. What does she like to do, what are her hobbies, what things does she enjoy.

See, my fiance (getting married July 14th), is big into scrapbooking, she saves everything. Well i made her a scrapbook page, decorated it, put some nice cheesy stuff on it, and a big WILL YOU MARRY ME at the bottom of it. Well since it was around valentines day (i refused to do it the actual day of) and we had plans for valentines it was a great excuse to give her a gift and take her out. So we went out to this little italian place we like that has booths where you can close the drapes on them, very nice and private. So after dinner and me acting like a nervous fool and trying to hide it, i gave her the gift, and as she opened it and read it i got down on one knee (i had the ring box hiding in some tall socks i had worn, there was no where else to put it without her noticing) and of course asked her to marry me It was great, the staff at the restaurant was a total help to, since when i booked the reservation i had told them i was going to propose. I got the best service i have ever had at any restaurant.

That is my story, but its an example of getting some little insight on how to do it. It took me about a week to finally decide what i wanted to do, and a few hours to make that scrapbook page.

Daniel

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Congrats but be careful man, make sure she is the one. Working for a divorce/family law attorney makes you realize just how much power the woman has over the man, lol. It doesn't seem to be getting any better either.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Good looking woman you got there...but you're my age man...way too young to shack down IMO. I mean really...how many different women have you been with bro? You've been with her since you were 18 with a 2 year break...even then you just thought about her. Just be careful...the divorce rate isn't almost 50/50 for nothing

Shit
    Also, make sure that she'll look really fast if you do it at a football game or something on the jumbo tron. Otherwise she'll look up after "Will you marry me?" is gone and see an add for nasal plastic surgery. You don't want that.

Custom
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by stikman33
    It took some thought, and i bounced ideas off of some people before i actually popped the question. What does she like to do, what are her hobbies, what things does she enjoy.

See, my fiance (getting married July 14th), is big into scrapbooking, she saves everything. Well i made her a scrapbook page, decorated it, put some nice cheesy stuff on it, and a big WILL YOU MARRY ME at the bottom of it. Well since it was around valentines day (i refused to do it the actual day of) and we had plans for valentines it was a great excuse to give her a gift and take her out. So we went out to this little italian place we like that has booths where you can close the drapes on them, very nice and private. So after dinner and me acting like a nervous fool and trying to hide it, i gave her the gift, and as she opened it and read it i got down on one knee (i had the ring box hiding in some tall socks i had worn, there was no where else to put it without her noticing) and of course asked her to marry me It was great, the staff at the restaurant was a total help to, since when i booked the reservation i had told them i was going to propose. I got the best service i have ever had at any restaurant.

That is my story, but its an example of getting some little insight on how to do it. It took me about a week to finally decide what i wanted to do, and a few hours to make that scrapbook page.

Daniel

Great thank you for taking the time to type that. I was thinking of doing something like that because she likes photos and has a shit tone of photo albums and is taking a class to be a photographer. I was thinking of taking a bunch of pictures of us then taking a picture of each letter in will you marry me off of different signs and putting them all in a photo album? Then of course getting on one knee with the ring when she gets to the end of the book? what do you guys think?

Custom
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Good looking woman you got there...but you're my age man...way too young to shack down IMO. I mean really...how many different women have you been with bro? You've been with her since you were 18 with a 2 year break...even then you just thought about her. Just be careful...the divorce rate isn't almost 50/50 for nothing

1.thank you very much
    2.so what I would like to have kids before I am 30
    3.count my age twice - 10
    4.I was thinking about her and comparing every girl to her, just assuring that she is the one.
    5. I have been careful and I am aware of the divorce rate thank you.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

pour champaign in a glass and drop the ring in while still bubbly. at a really nice place. like a sunset. not the average ones that have been done a thousand times like a meal then get on a knee.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by D!ck
    pour champaign in a glass and drop the ring in while still bubbly. at a really nice place. like a sunset. not the average ones that have been done a thousand times like a meal then get on a knee.
    Then take her to the emergency room to have the ring removed from her stomach, and while she's coming out of the anesthesia, say "Gee, I thought you'd want to wear it on your finger."

Picnic at sunset. (gotta be fruits etc. to feed each other)
    Ask, kiss, plan the wedding.

Good luck!
    Last edited by rbob93; 06-21-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Shit
    Go to the place where you first met and propose there. I hope for your sake that it wasn't a strip club, lol. j/k

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Then take her to the emergency room to have the ring removed from her stomach, and while she's coming out of the anesthesia, say "Gee, I thought you'd want to wear it on your finger."

Picnic at sunset. (gotta be fruits etc. to feed each other)
    Ask, kiss, plan the wedding.

Good luck!
    i didnt say put it in a shot of jaggar.

Black
    99 SS

do it right after you are nailing her in the ass and blow your load on her face man, she will love that.

j/k man, those are some good idea's hope it works out for you two

Black
    1998 Trans Am

do you guys go dancing, clubbing, anything like that? some place loud? work it out with the management that they are like playing a song or whatever and it will just stop, when it does you get on one knee and ask her to marry you in front of everyone. kind of a stop the world while I ask you this thing. what ever you come up with, the idea is to make her feel like everything that matters to you revolves around her. as it should, until you have kids. lol

another way is in front of family. yours or hers, whatever.

I took my wife and her family to dinner and asked her there in front of her parents. but I was a bit older than you and clubbing wasnt in my routine anymore. =)

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

You ought to do it like the Coors commercial, the one about the can liners. You know lock something up, yada, yada, yada. Only don't talk about can liners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information