Black
    2001 Ws6

Property line question

Ok long story short just found out my neighbor has his fence 4 to 6 inches over the property line....and to tell the truth they are some pretty shitty neighbors..... I'm in Ga now so the rules are different but can I cut down his fence and have it stacked nice on his property?

Black
    2001 Ws6

Also when I told him about he got pissy with me and said I should pay him to move it back.... FTS.....

red
    95 Z28

Sounds like a great question for your local code enforcement folks, who will no doubt know the state and local ordinances governing boundary fences. I'd be sure to ask them before you go tearing it down.

If you are within your legal right to tear it down, do so with the understanding that you're opening yourself up to a nice feud with possible retaliation on their part.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^this.

4-6''? I'm not sure it's worth the guarantied feud. Unless your yard is measued in inches, not feet.

Black
    2001 Ws6

I never knew how nuts they were till 5 weeks ago.... My property is a lot higher than theirs so when it rains they have been flooding for almost 25 years....and have done nothing about they swear 25 years ago the lady who owned the house before me cut done a few trees and since that time someone should pay because they flood..... I told them to put a drain in and they started digging trenches in hopes of controlling the rain ......they are as dumb as a dump truck....if I never talk to them I knew my life would be better all they do is ask for "little favors" but if I need a "little favor" they have the balls to try and charge me to funny the son is a hoarder ...and the funniest part of all this is they are racist it's " nigger this nigga that we got to watch them niggas etc.." And they are black......no shit....

Black
    2001 Ws6

Also I'm not trying to be a dick I have a nice size yard but 4 to 6 inches over the property line sounds like nothing but that one section is around 380 feet long that they are over

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Definitely go to your county and file a written complaint. Let the county code enforcers do their job and give them regular nudges if necessary. You will most likely have to attend a meeting later as the complainant but if their fence is clearly over the property line you will win. Taking direct action on your situation will not end up to your advantage and will only complicate the process.

White
    '10 ZR1

Just a thought - if they put up a fence, and nothing gets done or said about it, in the long run they will end up owning that land. (assuming that they've reasonably taken care of the property)

I believe if they take care of the land for 7 years, they own it. Just food for thought.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I would carve a viking battering ram and lay seige to the invaders.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Just a thought - if they put up a fence, and nothing gets done or said about it, in the long run they will end up owning that land. (assuming that they've reasonably taken care of the property)

I believe if they take care of the land for 7 years, they own it. Just food for thought.
    Depending on state laws this is very possible. If a survey has not been done recently you may want one to back up your claims. If it goes far enough you will be getting one anyways. Don't stand by just to save some grief or you will lose the land eventually.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black
    2001 Ws6

Going to get 3 fence companies to give me quotes on how much to cut it down and lay it nicely on their property....they are the type to say I stole there fence so forget that .....there is about 14 feet of fence on their side than it go's over the property line onto my land everytime I talk to the old lady she points me to her son and he is on roids and always gets a little pitchy with me than I have to rise my voice a little and he bitch's up each and everytime and backs down but they are trash they let their dogs run free and shit on our peoples property and I'm the only one that makes him pick up after his dogs I have cameras on my property so I give him two options come pick it up or I will get a scooper and wing it over the front fence.... He walks over and picks it up....I have never seen a 40 year man go to bed at 9 pm every night because his mother tells him so and only watch spongeBob SquarePants.....they just seem off

Navy Blue Metallic

"Mommy always told me...."

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

wooden fence? get some stump rot...

Black
    2001 Ws6

That works? How

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'd pay to have it surveyed then take it legal...

And put a (min 6' high) block wall up. Costly but "Good fences make good neighbors"...

Black
    2001 Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I'd pay to have it surveyed then take it legal...

And put a (min 6' high) block wall up. Costly but "Good fences make good neighbors"...
    100% right what's so funny is his mom thinks her son is like a beast but everytime he sold something on Craigslist he would beg me to come over because I have a C/C ...never seen a bigger puss in my life

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Jim is correct. It all starts with a survey to determine where the line is... especially when we are talking about inches. Highly recommend that the survey line is immediately documented with photographs. In a lot of cases, as soon as the surveyor gets in his truck to leave the neighbors come out to yank the pins and stick them where they think the line is.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    That works? How
    pour on wood, it degrades it quickly....

Thread Information