Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pretty pissed

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Pretty pissed

I drove my son to his therapy and started to drive back home. I stopped for gas at a shell gas station. Istepped out of the vehicle walked to the clerk and handed her a twenty dollar bill and stated, "20.00 on the green car".
    I walked to my car. Opened the gas tank, placed the pump in and sat in my car and started fiddling around in the car.

All of a sudden the clerk runs outside and states that she gave me 40.00 worth of gas and gave the other man with a green car my 20.00.
    Now I am going to ask everyone who is reading this. Who is at fault?
    Now like the nice guy I am. She started getting a little upset about being 20.00 short. So I decided to give her the money the next day when I bring my son the his therapy. So I gave her my license plate and cell #.

The next day went by and I forgot about it due to the fact my son did not have his therapy. Now the incident was a Thursday. The net day was a Friday.
    I also forgot to say that I live in the city and that gas station was in the suburbs about 40 to 50 miles out.
    Saturday I recieve a call from the suburban police dept. on my voicemail saying that the shell gas station clerk gave me free gas because I begged for it. If I didn't pay shell back there would be a warant for my arrest.

I called the suburban officer to tell him what happened and he still did not care. So I asked for a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor what happened and he also stated that they had the understanding that I begged for gas and the people gave me 20.00 worth of free gas.
    1st of all I am going to ask all of you who have read this who is at fault here?

I can't find the police report now.....but it states that I begged for gas and that the lady still preloaded 20.00 worth of gas.
    Even if I did beg for gas which I did not. And she put 40.00 worth in there by her own mistake. Whose fault is that?

Civil matter or criminal matter?
    Last edited by odinsonthor; 11-19-2007 at 05:08 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

It's her fault. She doesn't know how to work the pumps.

What do you mean by, " The cleark said you begged for free gas" ?

So if you beg and she gives it to you, I say it's her problem!

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

so did you put in 40 or 20 dollars? if she put in $40 then thats her own fault, and if you only got 20 worth and the other guy didnt screw anyone over then she should've been able to go back and fix it without making up stories to the police.

Black
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    I drove my son to his therapy and started to drive back home. I stopped for gas at a shell gas station. Istepped out of the vehicle walked to the clerk and handed her a twenty dollar bill and stated, "20.00 on the green car".
    I walked to my car. Opened the gas tank, placed the pump in and sat in my car and started fiddling around in the car.

All of a sudden the clerk runs outside and states that she gave me 40.00 worth of gas and gave the other man with a green car my 20.00.
    Now I am going to ask everyone who is reading this. Who is at fault?
    Now like the nice guy I am. She started getting a little upset about being 20.00 short. So I decided to give her the money the next day when I bring my son the his therapy. So I gave her my license plate and cell #.

The next day went by and I forgot about it due to the fact my son did not have his therapy. Now the incident was a Thursday. The net day was a Friday.
    I also forgot to say that I live in the city and that gas station was in the suburbs about 40 to 50 miles out.
    Saturday I recieve a call from the suburban police dept. on my voicemail saying that the shell gas station clerk gave me free gas because I begged for it. If I didn't pay shell back there would be a warant for my arrest.

I called the suburban officer to tell him what happened and he still did not care. So I asked for a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor what happened and he also stated that they had the understanding that I begged for gas and the people gave me 20.00 worth of free gas.
    1st of all I am going to ask all of you who have read this who is at fault here?

I can't find the police report now.....but it states that I begged for gas and that the lady still preloaded 20.00 worth of gas.
    Even if I did beg for gas which I did not. And she put 40.00 worth in there by her own mistake. Whose fault is that?

Civil matter of criminal matter?
    Tell them to pull the tapes.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

if you begged and she gave it then it's her fault by negligence on her part not yours. not that you did this.

that said.

since she punched in the wrong numbers on the wrong pumps she is still at fault and it is her negligence and her behalf.

do like kittyhawk said...have them pull the tapes and get a lawyer.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

all the gas stations around here, have signs posted telling you "not to return to your vehicle" while pumping gas.

It sucks, but at the same time, if they have those signs then you might not be eligible for a refund.

Not to mention that prepaying for gas doesn't automatically mean they set the pump to automatically shut off, some of the older gas stations don't have that ability. Sometimes the prepay feature is only to ensure you don't take gas and drive off.

Not to mention it is GAS - and you will use it, and you most likely use it fairly quick..

It's not like you received something you had no use for?

I'm not trying to be a shady "defense" lawyer type guy here. If you end up not having to pay for it, that is good for you, but in the same breath, I say pay for it, and move on.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Liquid Red

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

So quit being a shithead & pay them for the $20 worth of gas you pumped.
    Who cares whose fault it is??
    She made a mistake unfortunate as it was. What are you gonna do.....fuck her out of the money because she goofed??
    You can't be man enough to forgive & forget??
    Jeezus!!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    She made a mistake unfortunate as it was. What are you gonna do.....fuck her out of the money because she goofed??
    Jeezus!!
    this was my first though, i always say what number i'm on.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    this was my first though, i always say what number i'm on.
    If I were the clerk I would have just divided the 20 between however many green cars I could see

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

So I decided to give her the money the next day when I bring my son the his therapy. So I gave her my license plate and cell #.

here it is al broken down. you aggred and didn't pay. sorry you told her you would pay.

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

It Is Her Fault... So Does That Mean If You Go In Begging For All The Money In The Drawer, Or All The Chips,candy And Drinks, She Should Give It To You. Even If You Did Beg For It, It Is Her Job To Turn People Away For That Shit. So She Screwed Up. That Is One Screwed Up Excuse She Gave The Cops.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    It Is Her Fault... So Does That Mean If You Go In Begging For All The Money In The Drawer, Or All The Chips,candy And Drinks, She Should Give It To You. Even If You Did Beg For It, It Is Her Job To Turn People Away For That Shit. So She Screwed Up. That Is One Screwed Up Excuse She Gave The Cops.
    even if you get the gas and say ok i'll pay?

her fault first right. his fault for not taking care of it then, at that moment not days later.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

shes at fault cause shes a f'kin dumb bitch thats what I say..

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Jeezus!!
    the way i read it he paid his 20...the girl gave him 40 that was for a different car, she freaked out and he paid the other half of the 40 that she dicked up on...meaning that he overpaid by 20 bucks...20 bucks for gas that he never received.

see i'm an asshole and i'd have told her to get bent and if she wants to make it an issue to call the cops and i'll wait for them...i wouldn't be payin out an extra 20 for gas that i didn't get and for someone elses mistake.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    the way i read it he paid his 20...the girl gave him 40 that was for a different car, she freaked out and he paid the other half of the 40 that she dicked up on...meaning that he overpaid by 20 bucks...20 bucks for gas that he never received.

see i'm an asshole and i'd have told her to get bent and if she wants to make it an issue to call the cops and i'll wait for them...i wouldn't be payin out an extra 20 for gas that i didn't get and for someone elses mistake.
    pretty sure he got the gas hence the i went into the car. then she came running out. he got the gas and said he would pay.
    the two days later he was like

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

this is why you take the extra second and get your pump number, just look up. What are they trying to charge you with? Theft? For her giving you free gas? Tell them and shell to shove it

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I'd throw feces at random people to show my frustration

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    if you begged and she gave it then it's her fault by negligence on her part not yours. not that you did this.

that said.

since she punched in the wrong numbers on the wrong pumps she is still at fault and it is her negligence and her behalf.

do like kittyhawk said...have them pull the tapes and get a lawyer.
    Don't get a lawyer for $20 bucks.......WHAT?....Just pay up and move on....

lookin for a ws6

Just pay the $20 and be done with it.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Jeezus!!
    She lied when she talked to police about the incident and said he begged for the gas, that's bullshit, fuck her...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information