Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: powerball

98 Formula
    06 duramax

powerball

Just stopped for a couple cards.....$700M and rising. Everyone needs to go buy tickets so we can all be rich. I just want $1M if you hit

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Since your a neighbor (same state), O.K.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

powerball

I wonder how fast the IRS shows up....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I wonder how fast the IRS shows up....
    Before you ever get the first cent.

I'm going to spend my usual on lotto tickets, $0.

And I'll win the same amount as millions of others who spent $$$$$ on tickets.

A sobering thought: Your odds of buying the winning ticket are almost the same as just walking around and finding the winning ticket.

That said, I can afford a $5 dream so maybe I'll pick up a few.

OK, I've rained enough on the lotto parade.

My work here is done.

And if one of you does win the big payout, I will be first the one on here begging you to forgive my skepticism, and to invest in my amazing idea

98 Formula
    06 duramax

to say it's a long shot is an understatement but you definitely won't win if you don't play...that's 100% certain. I think you're probably as well off playing $1 as $100. We'll probably do 1 card with the extra number which is $15. That lets us all pick a round of numbers so the kids have something to get excited about. Who knows....maybe it'll take a kids luck to pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

98 Formula
    06 duramax

on a related note...saw this and thought it was funny

pretty standard answer I believe

Navy Blue Metallic

To be honest I won't tell a soul for a week or so....even then I wouldn't go public. Every damn distant relative, "friends from grade school, or just plan crazy person would be hounding you for money.

Pay off house, set up college funds for kids, a little living money for them with strings attached (or conditions), hide my number/email from Jeff (you know lawyers ), move some where I can have my personal 1/8 mile track, a work shop and a gun range to see how good I can get with a .50 cal rifle and other various firearms.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

$800M as of the noon news broadcast....by tomorrow it may hit $1Billion dollars /Dr Evil. You can buy a lot of shit for that kinda money.....including privacy. I'll tell everyone because in a matter of days no one will know how to find me. I would buy a shit ton of land......I mean a metric shit ton. It would take days and a quad to find my house from where the road ended.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I would tell no one. For a few reasons, don't need my kids getting kidnapped, don't need people asking me for money, and I want to surprise people I care about with gifts.

Was talking with my mom earlier about the lottery and she was telling me all the extra traveling she would do blah blah. Then she said "I know you would buy a county's worth of land and I would never see my grand children." I said of course you would, you will have a house on my county of land. It will be called the babysitters house.

Here's a state-by-state breakdown of how much you will get if you are the sole winner of the $800m prize

How Much Do You Get?
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I would tell no one. For a few reasons, don't need my kids getting kidnapped, don't need people asking me for money, and I want to surprise people I care about with gifts.

Was talking with my mom earlier about the lottery and she was telling me all the extra traveling she would do blah blah. Then she said "I know you would buy a county's worth of land and I would never see my grand children." I said of course you would, you will have a house on my county of land. It will be called the babysitters house.
    that's some classic shit right there I would hook a lot of people up. I mean when you're talking that many millions of dollars you can afford to hook up a lot of people. Not everyone would get a million dollars but I would make sure all my family and friends are taken care of. I would have a pretty simple rule as far as who qualifies as a friend....if I haven't drank beer with you in the last year you're not on that list.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I bought some tickets for the first time ever. I know I won't win. I'm just contributing to one of my friends who might win.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes, a good sized portion of the winnings would be distributed among family and friends. In different ways. I do discriminate so it's not going to be equal person to person.

Navy Blue Metallic

powerball

So Tim when's that beer invite?

red
    95 Z28

I'll go buy a couple of tickets. It's entertainment money, and worth the day dreams.

And on a side note, these threads are always infinitely more fun with the "I'm above spending my money on the lottery you guys are stupid for wasting your money" crowd participating

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm not a lottery player.....it's silly to waste the money on it but when it's this big how can you not at least buy a few tickets for the chance of being a Billionaire in this case? How many other ways are there to be a billionaire overnight?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    So Tim when's that beer invite?
    that's a standing invite...whenever you want. Superbowl is a good time. Sounds like a lot of people are going to be here this year so it should get interesting. I'm hiding the keys to the motorcycle and quad this time around though so we don't have a repeat of the labor day incident. The only problem that I see so far is I'll know where the keys are and I was the only participant in the labor day incident. Maybe I'll have the wife hide them instead.

Navy Blue Metallic

We going in the morning to get one, I have to drive over to Pensacola to get one. Al Governor has a stick up his ass about Lotto. So we go to FL.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm not a lottery player.....it's silly to waste the money on it but when it's this big how can you not at least buy a few tickets for the chance of being a Billionaire in this case? How many other ways are there to be a billionaire overnight?

Take the cash option (you'd be dumb not to) and after taxes you're getting about 250+mm. Cash option is 496mm. You lose 39.6 to the fed, and whatever your state is. In Colorado the winner would get about 272mm free and clear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information