Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

post your stories about dumb things quick lube places have done

Today at my dealership a woman brings in her car complaining about an oil leak.
    i lift it up and I see that its just oil from the oil change. i look under the hood and see that the coolant tank is really dark. I looked inside and it has transmission fluid in it. we asked the woman if she added this and she said she has never even opened the hood on it.

we call the quick lube place and they claim they couldnt have ever screwed up that bad. BS

what kinds of stupid things have u heard from places like this?

White
    2001 SS #3504

ok here is one of mine. Wal Mart Never go there trust me on this. In 98 I had a 95 model chevy p/u nice truck 28000 miles choo choo customs package. i made the mistake of letting them service it the dumb $#@$ left the oil filter loose. Yea you know what happened next it lost all the oil runnining down I75 going to work. It locked up thighter than a wedge. Iwas pissed. it took a lawyer to get them to fix it. Soo be warned do it yourself and you know its done right. Wal-Mart Sucks....

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

not really a jiffy lube story but....

back in junior high, we had just overhauled a cummins dumptruck in our lab,and 2 guys stuck a hose from a 55 gallon oil drum in the radiator resivour and started pumping away till the lab teacher (the truck belonged to him) came over and smacked them both, and hung one by his belt loop on the chain hoist. I GOT A PIC TO PROVE IT!! funniest thing you ever saw!

also a walmart lube story-the previous owner of my buddies z28 took it to walmart for an oil change, and somehow they got a good sized dent in the right rear quater panel and wouldnt admit/pay for it! kinda like the dumazzes in BWORST BUY that dont know jack about computers, these guys dont know how to change oil without screwing up!

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

after a Graveyard shift at work, I was coming home early in the morning. Though, I am already tired time to sleep, but I do need an oil change though because I am 400 miles overdue. (95 sentra) So I stop by the Lube places. after the kid was done he calls me over after he pulled the car out after the oil change....

So he pops the hood as the same time talking to me....."So we changed your oil, added some window washi"....... thats when he opened the hood and noticed that the Oil Cap wasn't even on. Oil everywhere. He says, ohh give me a sec to clean it up....I said Fuck it! I am tired and I am going to sleep. I slammed my hood closed and as I was driving away I told him to Stay in school...this is not a job for you!!!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i used to have a b&m vacuum shifter on my monte carlo...just a controlled vacuum leak to make the trans shift quicker.

the service guy came in all proud and goes "you had a valve in your trans vacuum line that was leaking so i fixed it." i looked at him and go "what?" so he showed me. i told him to put it back and he ha this dumbfounded look on his face.

they also told me i should replace my k&n air filter once. i told him that i'd rather just clean it for free than pay $50.00 for another. again with the "okay weirdo" look on his face.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

i just remembered another one. it wasnt a jiffy lube incident, but it was dumb. an old woman brought her buick in one time and she said it wouldnt start. the engine was locked up. i pulled the oil plug and found a dark blue watery fluid coming out with the oil.
    the woman added washer fluid into the oil fill.

NBM
    99 TA

when i was 17 i worked at wally world (automotive dept manager lol)

so one day this ls1 z28 comes in for an oil change (I wasn't there on that day i just heard the story and saw the pictures)

lube jockey jacks the car up wrong and bulges out both front fenders... this is very common with our cars and very easy to fix, just bend it back with a 2x4 and a hammer underneath.

Anyhow long story short.. wally mart ended up replacing both front fenders on the guys car hahahaha

i worked there, and i would NEVER get my shit serviced there (not even on a beater)

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

okay...this is a dumb customer one from when i worked at a shop.

this lady buys a car from us...a late model neon.

she has it about 3 months and she comes back with it dead...won't start. we fix it...find a dead fuel pump. we bite the cost of the repair.

she takes the car and leaves.

she comes back about 3 weeks later. car won't start. so we check it...bad fuel pump. okay...maybe the other one was junk new...it happens. so we replace it...this time we cover half the cost.

she's not happy but she takes it.

she comes back 2 weeks later...irate. car won't start. we check it before we fix anything and find it's the fuel pump...dead again.

so we ask her...what the hell are you doin? she says that it's a crappy car and it's not her fault. so we ask her what she does to the car. she says when the needle hits the red or the E she goes and puts $5 or so in and drives the car until it hits the E again or until the light comes on.

we told her we'd fix the car but she would be paying the cost this time. she got pissed and left.

it was the middle of summer and she was burning her fuel pumps up. i hate to know how winter went for her.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

wtf did he put the jack on that causes that??

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    when i was 17 i worked at wally world (automotive dept manager lol)

so one day this ls1 z28 comes in for an oil change (I wasn't there on that day i just heard the story and saw the pictures)

lube jockey jacks the car up wrong and bulges out both front fenders... this is very common with our cars and very easy to fix, just bend it back with a 2x4 and a hammer underneath.

Anyhow long story short.. wally mart ended up replacing both front fenders on the guys car hahahaha

i worked there, and i would NEVER get my shit serviced there (not even on a beater)
    both of my fenders are bulged out. i'm getting them fixed when the hail damage gets fixed. luckily the brackets are in tact and not broken.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Ohh ohhh ohhh.....my TA has 48,000 miles and the fuckers told me I need my Fuel Injectors cleaned. WTF? How the Fuck would they know that?

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    if you look underneath, where the fenders bolt up... it almost looks like a jacking point (if you are new)

Mine was like that when i got it too..it only took 30 seconds to fix.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    people jack the car up on the fender bracket that attaches to the sub-frame instead of placing the jack on the jack point which is very near to the bracket.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I had 1 lady bring the car in because it wouldnt start.... the damn thing was out of gas.
    how can people be that stupid

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    I had 1 lady bring the car in because it wouldnt start.... the damn thing was out of gas.
    happens quite often actually! ppl are fuckin retarded

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

i have a story about lube...and what not

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    i have a story about lube...and what not
    yeah, yeah. i forgot to use it once. ive never heard the end of it.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

i just remembered another one. it wasnt a jiffy lube incident, but it was dumb. an old woman brought her buick in one time and she said it wouldnt start. the engine was locked up. i pulled the oil plug and found a dark blue watery fluid coming out with the oil.
    the woman added washer fluid into the oil fill.
    LMAO thats some funny shit

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

LMAO what a dumbass, surprised it wasnt a ricer "i think there is something wrong with my muffler bearing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information