Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Talking post up your best & worst time at a restaurant...

let's hear 'em...

best:
    in AZ out near flagstaff i had the best damned prime rib... i can't think of the name of the place... had animal heads mounted on the wall... rsutic kinda place... HUGE steaks...

worst:
    at an all you can eat chinese buffet i was told i have to pay again if i want more food... they tried to take food off my plate when i went back up after that and i went off on the dude and let him know if he touches my plate or food again he's going ot have trouble... they said they were calling the cops on me and i told them go right ahead... at that point my friends i was with had walked out as well as my girl friend at the time and she said i embarassed her... on a side note i had people clapping for me every time i went up for more food after the bastages yelled at me the first time...

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

worst:
    at an all you can eat chinese buffet i was told i have to pay again if i want more food... they tried to take food off my plate when i went back up after that and i went off on the dude and let him know if he touches my plate or food again he's going ot have trouble... they said they were calling the cops on me and i told them go right ahead...

this is funny as hell!! i would have gone there every night that week.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post

this is funny as hell!! i would have gone there every night that week.
    no... i was pissed... i started to eat out of spite even though i could have stopped... i looked like i was pregnant when i left... one of the only times that i was hungry 2 hours after eating chinese... the funny part was the expressionon the guys face when i asked him 'do yall got more sushi??" and he looked at me like he was ready to cry and said "NO!!! yoooou eat it all!!! all of it!!! no more!!! none left cause of you!!!"

Ray Charles blue

You had to pay to get more food? How much more? lol

Your girl walked out on you.............I would have left her in the parking lot if she did that.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

"NO!!! yoooou eat it all!!! all of it!!! no more!!! none left cause of you!!!"

hahahha.. all i can think of is:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwuiyO7hOU[/ame]

food ara gone... we now raundry mat..
    Last edited by krese; 03-16-2011 at 01:08 PM.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

and starting around 2 min mark:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUosUk6X9gE[/ame]

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Waiter: "That man ate all our shrimp...and 2 plastic lobsters!"

Captain: "'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eating machine, arrr..."

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/1DJupq59...e/The+Simpsons

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Went to a Hops about 8 years ago with the then wife, ordered nachos as an appetizer, got to the last nacho and a big black pube was there.

I'm still traumatized and rarely do I eat out anymore.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Best place is called Pickle Bills - all you can eat prime rib and crab legs for around $30. Amazing food.

Worst was a chinese buffet also. Food tasted good. The health inspector shut the place down two weeks later. They were serving cat meat.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

The drunken fish is top on my list for sushi there is 3 of them only in STL
    mamma's pizza has to be the best pizza I have ever eaten true New York style pizza two guys from New York run it I call them mario and lugi.

The worst I have had is also a chineese place, after me my brother and step dad got done with our first plate me and my brother had automatic projectile vomit for about 3 hours.

Too Old For Your Crap. kmassner's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

let's hear 'em...

best:
    in AZ out near flagstaff i had the best damned prime rib... i can't think of the name of the place... had animal heads mounted on the wall... rsutic kinda place... HUGE steaks...

Sounds like you're talking about Rod's Steakhouse in Williams, AZ

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

best.... at hooters with some of my buddies.... one kid had not gotten out much and was shy.... happens to be sitting next to me....

up walks our waitress, and she starts taking our orders.... no problem, we tell her what we want, then she gets to my buddy beside me.... sitting on the outside of the table right next to where shes standing.... and he starts stuttering, gets more nervous, and it gets worse...

she then realizes whats goin on as he's trying to spit out what hed like to order, the woman bless her soul leans down on the table to her elbows, looking right at him, shoves her cleavage out even more than it already was... i mean nearly seen the nipple... and at this point he is just basically pointing at shit on the menu because its a lost cause, and me and the other guys are trying not to die laughing...

best part is.... he ordered the exact same thing i did down to the mashed taters..... after we calmed our laughter i just looked at him and said why didnt you just tell her "I'll have what he ordered" he got all pissed and was like i couldnt fuckin think straight ok

odd one that comes to mind for worst was also a china buffet....
    went to grab a fresh plate, picked up the one on top... stuck my hand in fresh gooey gum on the underside of the plate.... pissed me off

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Living in NYC 5 star restaurants are a dime a dozen.... I've eaten out tons of times in my life. I will say among the best quality experiences I've ever had was as The Capital Grille. Every time I've been there I've dropped around 100+ on myself lol. The first time we were a group of i think 6. We probably left close to a 200 dollar tip.

The waiters are extreme experts at what they do. Truly professional staff. They know the menu inside and out. From recommendations to preparation information they have the answer to any and all questions about the food. They have large selections of wines and a sommelier on staff. Of course I work in midtown around a lot of financial wall st. types so it's kind of par for the course.

The last time I was there they changed the linens on the table to match what I was wearing so that I wouldn't get lint on my navy blue shirt.

Naturally the food is outstanding as well. Lobster Mac and Cheese to die for. Amazing Wagyu Beef Carpaccio. large selection of steaks and the best Lobster bisque I've ever had.

I'm so craving another trip there right now that I can't even think of a bad restaurant experience at the moment.

Edit:

From their website:

From dry-aging steaks on premises to helping select the perfect wine complements from a list of over 350, we’ll surround you with the very best. That includes the surroundings themselves. We realize the first things you’ll notice at The Capital Grille may not be hand-crafted mahogany, plush leather or distinctive
    art. The aroma of sizzling steaks guarantees that.

It won’t be long, though, before you appreciate the rich, club-like atmosphere that led The Miami Herald to refer to us as a, “culinary theme park full of dark wood, stuffed game heads, cigars, high-end drinks, wines and dry aged steaks.” Come and enjoy the ride yourself.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Best: A tie between Mahogany steaks, Garozzo's in KC and Red Rock.

Worst: The high school cafeteria. I had a wire and a pube in my cheeseburger.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

best: little supper club in town. i've never liked steak but i tried their beef tenderloin with haystack onions and garlic mashed potatoes. just about fucking died it was so amazing. i'm completely hooked.

worst: applebees. every single time i go there it sucks. food is either cold, tastes bad, steak is salty and greasy, burger falls apart, pasta is watery, service is sub-par. just utter crap.

oh...but there was that time in washington d.c. at "the matchbox". nobody in the place when we go in and they tell us they'll have to check and see if they can seat us. literally only two other people in the place. we get seated and our server comes by and he has an understudy. we place our order and it takes 20 minutes to get our appetizers and drinks. takes another 30 minutes after we order our main course for that to arrive (which was actually decent food). the place is getting a little more crowded now but nothing outrageous. our waiter doesn't return for 30 minutes. we end up ordering desert. well it's a little chocolate lava cake with ice cream. somebody else comes and drops it off and says that our waiters shift ended 20 minutes previous. well it took 25 minutes to get desert. took another 20 minutes for us to get the bill...and that's only because i went up to the "wait to be seated" desk and got someone. then they told us that we couldn't pay with travelers checks to which i pointed at the front of their building on the window sign and it said travelers checks accepted and they then accepted them. 10 minutes later we got our change. fuckin nearly $90 for four of us. then...my mom and g/f want to leave a tip and i tell them "no fucking way in hell will i allow anyone at this table to tip shitty fucking service" loud enough where the other surrounding tables could hear. and we left without so much as a penny on the table.

"the matchbox" in washington d.c. a shithole worse than applebees.
    Last edited by 1MileCrash; 03-17-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Best:

Dawn and I had a nice romantic dinner back when we were first dating in Niagara Falls. We ate at the rotating restaurant that sets atop Skylon Tower -- 775 feet above the falls. We arrived while it was still daylight and as we worked our way through dinner the sun went down and the city lights all came on. They light up the falls at night too and from the tower it was an incredible site. The entire dinner was just a great experience. First time ever that I dropped over $100 on dinner for two -- and that was almost 15 years ago.

Worst:

99% of the time our restaurant experiences are positive. This one was not. We booked reservations a couple of years ago for The Wrens Nest, which is probably our fanciest local eatery. They serve excellent food but are not too quick about things. Dinner can take over well over 2 hours from start to finish. We arrived a few minutes before our scheduled time and waited... and waited... and waited. After about an hour, I could see Dawn's temper starting to rise and when she suddenly dropped the F-bomb, we were out of there in a hurry. I have probably heard her say that word 3 times in 15 years. That was one of them.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Best? 5th wedding anniversary back in the late 80's. Had a reservation for Lawry's (the folks that make the spices) restaurant in Beverly Hills. Jacket and tie type of place. Food and service was excellent. Wifey (now ex but we still talk) dives under the table and gives me a BJ as a reward (she had this exhibitionist streak that I sort of encouraged). Good times.

Worst: A crappy French restaurant in Westwood Village. Me and the wife went to check out the folks (lots of stuff going on outside for free, jugglers, musicians, etc - y'all in LA know what I'm talking about) and to see a movie premier. We saw this French restrauant as we were walking and said WTH, let's give it a shot. Food was ala carte, portions were uber small, turns out I didn't care for most of it (desert was another story though - it was awsome) and it cost a mint.

black black black
    77 swb

Best...M buffet...south of strip in Vegas

Worst, well it wasn't worst for me as I didn't even drink the water.

Years ago my friend wanted to go to this little restaurant on the Washington coast when we were there for a classic car show they have every year. We were pulling up to this restaurant and the parking was right next to the dining area windows. Some dude was STARING at us for some reason while we sat in the car for a moment before going in.

I looked at him and gave him the middle finger and stared back at him.

We go into the restaurant and the guy I flipped off got up and then I noticed he had an apron on as he walked back into the kitchen. I told my friend we had to get the hell out of there ASAP but he insisted we stay because he HAD to have the biscuits and gravy.

He seriously ate the biscuits and gravy and I told everyone he ate country jizz gravy all weekend long. I couldn't believe he still ate there.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

BEST

Outback Steak House in Madison, WI! I've ate food all over the World but the night I went there was outstanding and stood out above the rest! Food was excellent, everything was excellent.

WORST

Chinese Buffet in Savannah, GA! I ate there and got the worst case of food poisoning of my life. I almost died!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Living in NYC 5 star restaurants are a dime a dozen.... I've eaten out tons of times in my life. I will say among the best quality experiences I've ever had was as The Capital Grille. Every time I've been there I've dropped around 100+ on myself lol. The first time we were a group of i think 6. We probably left close to a 200 dollar tip.

The waiters are extreme experts at what they do. Truly professional staff. They know the menu inside and out. From recommendations to preparation information they have the answer to any and all questions about the food. They have large selections of wines and a sommelier on staff. Of course I work in midtown around a lot of financial wall st. types so it's kind of par for the course.

The last time I was there they changed the linens on the table to match what I was wearing so that I wouldn't get lint on my navy blue shirt.

Naturally the food is outstanding as well. Lobster Mac and Cheese to die for. Amazing Wagyu Beef Carpaccio. large selection of steaks and the best Lobster bisque I've ever had.

I'm so craving another trip there right now that I can't even think of a bad restaurant experience at the moment.

Edit:

From their website:

From dry-aging steaks on premises to helping select the perfect wine complements from a list of over 350, we’ll surround you with the very best. That includes the surroundings themselves. We realize the first things you’ll notice at The Capital Grille may not be hand-crafted mahogany, plush leather or distinctive
    art. The aroma of sizzling steaks guarantees that.

It won’t be long, though, before you appreciate the rich, club-like atmosphere that led The Miami Herald to refer to us as a, “culinary theme park full of dark wood, stuffed game heads, cigars, high-end drinks, wines and dry aged steaks.” Come and enjoy the ride yourself.
    I have to try that lol I'll remember to bring money........

My best experience would be at a place I'm sure you've heard of, if not been to. Peter Lugers steakhouse in brooklyn. perfect meal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information