black
    2001 pontiac formula

Thumbs down poor guy on the motorcycle

last night me and my buddy and our g/fs were getting off the highway in my car, we see all these sparks and look and its this guy that laid over his bike. he is already to a stop when we get there and this lady in front of us stops too and we all get out to see what we can do to help. as soon as my buddy gets there he rips his shirt off and puts it on his head (not wearing a helmet) and they needed to prop his head up so i ran back to my car and grabbed my hockey blanket and a shirt to wrap around it. we moved his bike out of the middle of the road to let traffic through, the police and ambulance are called and show up about ten minutes later, from what it looked like he was going to be ok. but what happned is he blew his front tire and lost it but he is lucky he was a bigger guy or it would have been alot worse. right after we left i went to quicktrip to get something to drink and i paid with a ten and he gave me back change for a twenty, im not real religous but i thing god was paying us back for stopping and helping

NBM
    99 TA

ouch that sucks... good thing there are still people out there that are willing to help others!
    Where i live if that happened, most people would just keep on driving, they wouldn't bother getting off their cell phone to call for help
    good job on helping the guy out!

Quote Originally Posted by 01blkformula View Post
    right after we left i went to quicktrip to get something to drink and i paid with a ten and he gave me back change for a twenty, im not real religous but i thing god was paying us back for stopping and helping

And because you didn't point out the mistake, the employee was later fired that evening for his till being short and the manager accussed him of stealing.

Yep, God must've been paying you back for helping alright.

black
    2001 pontiac formula

hey not my fault he wasnt paying attention lol

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i saw a guy loose it on a big harley. he was getting onto the highway ahead of me, only was doing about 20-30 and as he rounded the bend for the onramp, he slid on gravel and took it into a concrete barrier. I hit the breaks and parked on the e-strip. I hopped over the barrier to see him standing there like the terminator: no helmut, just brushing himself off. The guy was a hoss, too. I was like 'OMFG ARE YOU OK!?!??!" he just glanced at me then said in this uber manly voice "yeah...how bout you help me prop my bike up?" I was amazed at this guy's resiliance. His bike lost a mirror and dinged up the chrome.

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z View Post
    And because you didn't point out the mistake, the employee was later fired that evening for his till being short and the manager accussed him of stealing.

Yep, God must've been paying you back for helping alright.
    Doesn't work like that all the time. We have that rule at my job. $40 in 6 months and you're fired. People get that high all the time and nothing happens to them. They realize that shit happens to and are not going to fire a good employee over something like that. Even so the guy just saved someone's life. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
    Doesn't work like that all the time. We have that rule at my job. $40 in 6 months and you're fired. People get that high all the time and nothing happens to them. They realize that shit happens to and are not going to fire a good employee over something like that. Even so the guy just saved someone's life. Chill out.
    Wow, tap the brakes dude and exit off of Reality lane. Sarcasm > you.

black
    98 WS6

third_shift|studios the HD guys are too tough, too cool for everybody
    01blkformula - in the name of all the bikers - thanks for stopping and helping the guy!!!
    riding withour helmet

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01blkformula View Post
    ... right after we left i went to quicktrip to get something to drink and i paid with a ten and he gave me back change for a twenty, im not real religous but i thing god was paying us back for stopping and helping
    Along those lines... When I was much younger, around 18 or so, I had a younger friend who lived very poor. A tiny falling apart trailer in a trashy trailer park with her drunk father. The kind of situation where you wouldn't ever want to find yourself. Anyway, school was about to start and she didn't have anything really for going to school. I took her school shopping at the mall. We got notebooks, pens, pencils, etc, clothes, backpack, all the stuff to really go back to school. All in all, I spent about $100 +/- a few. On the way out of the mall, I stopped to grab something to eat and a drink. Total was like 3 bucks. (This sounds terrible, like I have more money than sense), but all I had was 2 $100 bills. I asked if she could change it. She checked and confirmed that she could. I ordered and she gave me my change - $97 and change. I got out to the car, counted the money that I had... $297. Well, that was nice. I felt like I was getting away with it, and just kept going, but I just really had that nagging feeling that it just wasn't the right thing to do. so......

The next day, I went back and talked to the manager. I didn't tell her anything that happened, I just asked her point blank: "Was your drawer off yesterday?" She responded that it was actually the first time in a long time that it came out perfect to the penny.

Kinda makes you have to see that some of that does come back around from time to time.

Awesome that got a ton of back to school stuff for $100. Even more awesome, it ended up being completely given free.

on the orignal topic. Hope the guy is gonna be okay. I actually kindacaused a guy to lay over his bike when I was a kid. I underestimated his speed and he lost it trying to slow down. It's a scary scene for sure.

black
    2001 pontiac formula

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    third_shift|studios the HD guys are too tough, too cool for everybody
    01blkformula - in the name of all the bikers - thanks for stopping and helping the guy!!!
    riding withour helmet
    you guys are welcome i do what i can

1981 g-Body

Crazy stories. Good thing everyone didn't die and stuff.

Just yesterday me and a friend went to the Yamaha dealership to look at the crotch rockets.maybe i should reconsider.

Thread Information