Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Unhappy Pontiac Death Knell Finally Hits

The Pontiac brand officially rides off into the sunset:

http://www.post-trib.com/business/28...-years.article

For those of you looking for that golden nugget I give you this bit of info from the article:

"Even after their Pontiac agreements expire, GM dealers will continue to service the cars and honor their warranties. But after this weekend, any new Pontiacs that remain on dealer lots will be considered used cars by GM."

That expiration date was Oct 31.

Now may be the best time to find that G8, a car suggested by some to become a collector's item especially with its 2 year limited production run.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I have owned 3 Pontiacs over the years. I'll miss it. I guess I'll have to buy old ones now. That's ok, the next one I want anyway is a 1st-gen Firebird convertible!

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

GM sucks! they kill Olds, then Saturn, and Pontiac. Not sure what other brands they have killed as well. Instead of having so many different brands, like GMC for instance, which really is a Chevy, why didn't they kill that and keep Pontiac?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I think gmc's look better than Chevys. As far as trucks and SUVs go.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I am VERY disappointed in GM. I remember growing up and wanting a GTO or a Trans Am. Man...THIS SUCKS!!!

White

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I have owned 3 Pontiacs over the years. I'll miss it. I guess I'll have to buy old ones now. That's ok, the next one I want anyway is a 1st-gen Firebird convertible!
    I guess I didn't really think about it, but my Bird is the 3rd Pontiac that I have owned. Before that it was the 1st and 4th gen Grand Am. I want to get another Bird and/or G8.

White

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum View Post
    GM sucks! they kill Olds, then Saturn, and Pontiac. Not sure what other brands they have killed as well. Instead of having so many different brands, like GMC for instance, which really is a Chevy, why didn't they kill that and keep Pontiac?
    Yeah man....it's really messed up. Saturn looked as thought they were actually turning out good looking vehicles (a REALLY big improvement in looks IMO) and then they pull the plug! Of course, the article states that Pontiac was ultimately done in by "rebadging" BS cars and selling them as a Pontiacs.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the good news i see coming out of this is... no retro firebirds!!! other than that ...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    the good news i see coming out of this is... no retro firebirds!!! other than that ...
    Amen. Stupid retro trend.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

GM better come up with some good muscle SOON. Because I am sure there are folks crossing to the Blue side.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    GM better come up with some good muscle SOON. Because I am sure there are folks crossing to the Blue side.
    I'm not a bias kind of car guy, I like all makes and models, but GM literally has nothing besides the Corvette that's a good all around performance oriented vehicle, in my opinion of course. I remember as a younger kid, GM had all kinds of awesome car's out. WS6's, SS's, Z28's, GTP's, GTO's etc., so much variety. It's basically all gone now and to me, they have been putting out straight up junk as of late. GM has really, really fallen behind when compared to Ford and even Daimler Chrysler in some aspects.

Not sure if they're going to make a huge turnaround or go completely out of business or what, it's just beyond me at this point.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    I'm not a bias kind of car guy, I like all makes and models, but GM literally has nothing besides the Corvette that's a good all around performance oriented vehicle, in my opinion of course. I remember as a younger kid, GM had all kinds of awesome car's out. WS6's, SS's, Z28's, GTP's, GTO's etc., so much variety. It's basically all gone now and to me, they have been putting out straight up junk as of late. GM has really, really fallen behind when compared to Ford and even Daimler Chrysler in some aspects.

Not sure if they're going to make a huge turnaround or go completely out of business or what, it's just beyond me at this point.
    Yah. I don't really like much of what GM has currently. The CTS-V and Vette I like. And with all this speculation of the GM V8 disappearing, who knows what will happen to the General?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

To be honest, I hope there will be a few people willing to come forward and save wrecked 4th-gen Firebirds/Trans Ams/WS6s.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

You better believe they are ford sales are going strong. If I did buy new muscle I would get the challenger I know its a heavy pig but you can procharge anything now a days.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

I can't wait to find a G8 GT that I can afford

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum View Post
    They figured from research that gmc is a different market and customers wouldn't turn to chevy. To us gmc is rebadged stuff, but the average idiot considers it upscale. Though the current models from each look very different. Gm sucked because they had too many brands building the same disposable cars, not because they dropped them. Plus unions
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 11-06-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    You better believe they are ford sales are going strong. If I did buy new muscle I would get the challenger I know its a heavy pig but you can procharge anything now a days.
    And the best looking and most comfortable of the three
    To be honest, I hope there will be a few people willing to come forward and save wrecked 4th-gen Firebirds/Trans Ams/WS6s.
    they won't be worth enough money for a very long time. They are also much farther gone than an old full frame impala or other oldcar in a wreck

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I want a Stryker Blue G8 GT so bad! Maybe I need to start looking for one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information