Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Police Officer in PA needed

HI,
    I would like to have a police officers opinion on this. My Camaro has been driven about 1500 miles in the past 2 years. I actually just installed a new rear and engine work. The car has been down for months. Well the inspection was due in November of last year and I finally got the car running this past weekend and i got pulled over and recieved a ticket for expired inspection sticker. Well, I made an appointment and got the inspection completed no problem. Also i was looking at the ticket and he put down the make is a camero, not camaro. What are my chances for getting out of this?

Thanks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

doesn't take a police officer to figure this one out.....you're fucked. You could go to court and hopefully get lucky but as the magic 8 ball says "outlook not so good"

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Did you sign the ticket? If you did then you agreed to the misspelling.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I say take it to court and show the Judge that you did go and get it inspected and everything passed. He might let you go as long as you have all the info he needs.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Either way, you pay.

Remember the officer has up to six months to make modifications to the ticket. Bringing that up to him could make him become a dick and add more exhaust tickets or impose higher fine.

I would just try to show judge you got the inspection and maybe you will just get an acd which means youncant get another ticket in six months

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmdave View Post
    Remember the officer has up to six months to make modifications to the ticket. Bringing that up to him could make him become a dick and add more exhaust tickets or impose higher fine.

I would just try to show judge you got the inspection and maybe you will just get an acd which means youncant get another ticket in six months

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    They don't do that stuff in PA unless you've been a constant pain in the ass. Plus its a non points ticket.
    Like cpop said take it to court and show the judge you had it inspected right after issue. Explain the car was down for several months starting before November and he might be lenient.
    I thought they usually just issued a card your inspector needs to sign

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Usually they do just give you a card

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I don't know about PA, but here on most small stuff like that you can get back in compliance "fix the problem" show the Judge in court and he will let it go.

I had a light around my plates that was green (it matched the car at the time). Cop gave me a ticket for it. I had only heard you can't have red or blue. Took pictures of it with the green light and with the white light and showed him how much better you could see the plates with the green light. And told him I had unhooked it. He gave me a copy of the law that says you can only have white light or reflection of red from brake lights. My punishment . . . . Read the law he gave me. I was nice and respectfull and he knew I wasn't trying to "get away" with something since you could see the plates better with the green light and I had already fixed it.

Got stopped at a road block and got a ticket for expired dl. I had moved and didn't get a reminder in the mail to renew and I just forgot. I renewed them before court, Judge let me off.

My favorite I got pulled over and the cop asked for my proof of insurance. I told him it has in the glove box, but I didn't move to get it. He kind of looked at me funny. I told him my glovebox was at home. I was in the process of install a car alarm and had taken the glovebox out. It was in my shop at home. When he gave me the ticket for no proof he said take my proof to the judge that showed I had insurance at the time. I did and he let me off again.

impulse blue
    06 GTO

you have 10 days in which to make repairs or show him you got in inspected. Request a hearing, and or speak to the officer. Chances are it will be plead down or dropped.

blue
    2000 SS

I had a similer situation with an older ford ranger. I had just put the truck on the road on a friday after noon didn't have time to get the sticker done so I had to wait till monday. I got the ticket on the weekend. I apealed it and showed that I took care of it and since the last ticket or incedent on my driving record was over 10 years prior to this the judged dropped it completely. Get a sticker and save your reciept for it and appeal it. Explain that the car had not been used and tell them you were just taking it for a test drive to make sure evry thing was in order to get a sticker. And do not even bring up the misspelling it will make you look like an a-hole grasping at any excuse to get out of the ticket. Did the cop get the year make and color right on the ticket if he did there not going to drop it for a spelling mistake.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

In Maine it is legal to drive a car to an inspection station for a sticker. However if you get caught they will write you up. If you then show the car was actually inspected, or at least went through the inspection process they will drop the ticket.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The law in PA is that minor errors in a citation do not invalidate it.

Black
    79 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The law in PA is that minor errors in a citation do not invalidate it.
    Same in my state also. I get asked this a bunch and I always tell people that the misspelled ticket is the greatest evidence of their guilt because they are in possession of it.

Thread Information