Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

playoff picture??

anyone know how they figure out what team will play what day? I forget if the better record plays Saturday or Sunday. I'm trying to figure out if the Saints are playing the 16th or 17th so I can tell people what day to be here for the beer drinking and bbqing.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

because we wont know tll Sunday night ,,

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    because we wont know tll Sunday night ,,
    I thought though that they played sat or sun based on record and since the saints are locked in at number 1 seed I thought someone might know what day they'll play.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

No, I mean there is still alot of important games to be played this weekend ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

No, I mean there is still alot of important games to be played this weekend ...
    yeah, gonna be a good weekend of football. Probably the best all season. I just want to know what day to tell people to be over here. I'm hoping they play Saturday so the people that work Monday morning can have a day to recoup but I'm thinking back and I think the higher seeds play on Sundays.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

My ass will be glued to couch/tv this weekend and next week

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    My ass will be glued to couch/tv this weekend and next week
    me too.....my wife is switching her schedule around at work so she can be off this weekend. She really started getting into football this year where she's never really paid much attention to it before. I'm telling you, whether the saints get beat in the first round this has been a great year for me football wise. Me and the wife have spent a lot of time either watching the games or listening to the saints on sirius. Hell, when I was hunting back in the fall she was watching the games on the internet and texting me quarter updates. How awesome is that?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    me too.....my wife is switching her schedule around at work so she can be off this weekend. She really started getting into football this year where she's never really paid much attention to it before. I'm telling you, whether the saints get beat in the first round this has been a great year for me football wise. Me and the wife have spent a lot of time either watching the games or listening to the saints on sirius. Hell, when I was hunting back in the fall she was watching the games on the internet and texting me quarter updates. How awesome is that?
    Thats pretty damn cool. Anytime your wife/gf is a football/car fan, thats a plus. I am off 11 of the next 12 days(vacation) so I will be doing a lot of lazy time on the couch watching bowl games/NFL. Football hasn't been as good for me as you this year, but football is still football to me. More of a college fan than NFL and OU had the worst year they have had since mid 90s. Just a disappointing year that was supposed to be another championship potential year. Oh well, you don't win every year or it would be boring. I hope the bowls and playoffs are great this year.

On a side note, Texas Tech fired Mike Leach today, long overdue if you ask me. He had to be one of the dumbest SOB coaches I have ever seen. I hope he doesn't pop back up as a coach anywhere around here, good riddance.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

College ball I root for Tennessee and Missouri so I had no reason to watch college ball this year. I do find it kind of a funny coincidence that the Saints signed Missouri QB Chase Daniel to their practice squad this year. I'd love to see him follow Brees but I doubt that'd ever happen.....he's too short but he's a smart QB and was great at Missouri. I think he would be able to outplay Brunell who is their back up at the moment. Brunell will get some snaps this weekend at Carolina I bet.

Switching gears.....what do you think about the pro-bowl deal this year? I think it's pretty damn silly myself to have the pro-bowl the week BEFORE the superbowl. I know the bowl players won't be playing in the game and every year a bunch of pro bowl players will be on the superbowl teams. I never watched the pro bowl anyhow and don't forsee me watching it in this new set up either. I like the challenges they do before the game but the actual game itself kinda sucks.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

College ball I root for Tennessee and Missouri so I had no reason to watch college ball this year. I do find it kind of a funny coincidence that the Saints signed Missouri QB Chase Daniel to their practice squad this year. I'd love to see him follow Brees but I doubt that'd ever happen.....he's too short but he's a smart QB and was great at Missouri. I think he would be able to outplay Brunell who is their back up at the moment. Brunell will get some snaps this weekend at Carolina I bet.

Switching gears.....what do you think about the pro-bowl deal this year? I think it's pretty damn silly myself to have the pro-bowl the week BEFORE the superbowl. I know the bowl players won't be playing in the game and every year a bunch of pro bowl players will be on the superbowl teams. I never watched the pro bowl anyhow and don't forsee me watching it in this new set up either. I like the challenges they do before the game but the actual game itself kinda sucks.
    Brunell's career should be about over. I don't know why he is hanging on, but he should just hang it up. However, he could probably start for the Browns, Panthers or Raiders and improve all 3 of their current QB situations

Chase is just too short to QB in the NFL, good college QB, but I think he is just 6 flat IIRC. Arm strength probably isn't there for NFL competition either. Smart and exciting player though.

That Pro Bowl ordeal blows. It sucks to not have the SB players in it, it sucked the week after the SB because no one gave a shit either. I really don't see a good scenario for it at all, just axe it if you ask me, but I am sure they won't because it generates revenue

Another thing that sucks about the Pro Bowl this year, not one Cincy Bengal made the team. How that happened I have no clue, but there should be at least one Bengal on the team.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

OK I think I know what you are asking now ..We have this weekend , normal Sunday games ..
    Next weekend you have 4 games .. the Wild Card games ... but I think its One AFC game and One NFC game each day ...Best thing to do is check ESPN.com .. Im sure they will have a schedule set up after sunday ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

OK I think I know what you are asking now ..We have this weekend , normal Sunday games ..
    Next weekend you have 4 games .. the Wild Card games ... but I think its One AFC game and One NFC game each day ...Best thing to do is check ESPN.com .. Im sure they will have a schedule set up after sunday ...
    Yes, you are correct, one conference game each day. I don't think there is a pattern to the times/schedules though. I always thought they based it off where the game was being played, what made more sense to be the early game and what made more sense to be the evening game. Meaning, you would not play a west coast game early and then an east coast game later in the evening. I am not sure about it, not saying my theory is correct or anything, just kind of what I always perceived.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yes, you are correct, one conference game each day. I don't think there is a pattern to the times/schedules though. I always thought they based it off where the game was being played, what made more sense to be the early game and what made more sense to be the evening game. Meaning, you would not play a west coast game early and then an east coast game later in the evening. I am not sure about it, not saying my theory is correct or anything, just kind of what I always perceived.
    true ..but does anybody on the West Coast have home-field besides the Chargers ??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

true ..but does anybody on the West Coast have home-field besides the Chargers ??
    Negative, but I was mostly speaking in general terms, years past, not really about this year

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm talking more of what day they play vs the time slot. I *think* the higher ranked team plays on sunday. Example number 2 seed will face the winner of the 3vs6 seed on Saturday and th 1 seed will face the winner of the 4-5 seed on sunday. I think that might be how it works.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I'm talking more of what day they play vs the time slot. I *think* the higher ranked team plays on sunday. Example number 2 seed will face the winner of the 3vs6 seed on Saturday and th 1 seed will face the winner of the 4-5 seed on sunday. I think that might be how it works.
    I know first weekend the wild cards play the last seeds

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Indianapolis at Buffalo 1:00 PM
    Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM
    Chicago at Detroit 1:00 PM
    San Francisco at St. Louis 1:00 PM
    Pittsburgh at Miami 1:00 PM
    NY Giants at Minnesota 1:00 PM
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
    New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 PM
    New England at Houston 1:00 PM
    Green Bay at Arizona 4:15 PM
    Washington at San Diego 4:15 PM
    Tennessee at Seattle 4:15 PM
    Baltimore at Oakland 4:15 PM
    Philadelphia at Dallas 4:15 PM
    Kansas City at Denver 4:15 PM
    Cincinnati at NY Jets 8:20 PM

Some excellent match ups the final week
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 12-30-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Brunell's career should be about over. I don't know why he is hanging on, but he should just hang it up. However, he could probably start for the Browns, Panthers or Raiders and improve all 3 of their current QB situations

Chase is just too short to QB in the NFL, good college QB, but I think he is just 6 flat IIRC. Arm strength probably isn't there for NFL competition either. Smart and exciting player though.

That Pro Bowl ordeal blows. It sucks to not have the SB players in it, it sucked the week after the SB because no one gave a shit either. I really don't see a good scenario for it at all, just axe it if you ask me, but I am sure they won't because it generates revenue

Another thing that sucks about the Pro Bowl this year, not one Cincy Bengal made the team. How that happened I have no clue, but there should be at least one Bengal on the team.
    Chase Daniel is 6'0" 225 pounds. Drew Brees is 6'0" 209 pounds, "too short"

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    Chase Daniel is 6'0" 225 pounds. Drew Brees is 6'0" 209 pounds, "too short"
    Chase Daniels is only 6' on paper, I doubt he is even that tall

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Indianapolis at Buffalo 1:00 PM
    Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM
    Chicago at Detroit 1:00 PM
    San Francisco at St. Louis 1:00 PM
    Pittsburgh at Miami 1:00 PM
    NY Giants at Minnesota 1:00 PM
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
    New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 PM
    New England at Houston 1:00 PM
    Green Bay at Arizona 4:15 PM
    Washington at San Diego 4:15 PM
    Tennessee at Seattle 4:15 PM
    Baltimore at Oakland 4:15 PM
    Philadelphia at Dallas 4:15 PM
    Kansas City at Denver 4:15 PM
    Cincinnati at NY Jets 8:20 PM

Some excellent match ups the final week
    I think the cleveland and tennessee games have potential to be close too....not that they mean anything but might be good games to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information