Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Pittsburgh's New Logo for 06

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

so fucking true!!!

john
    I've never seen such sore losers since the Dems in 2000.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

eh, so they gave'em a touchdown, that still makes it 14-10

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

part-time refs = endless controversy
    until they hire full time guys, we'll get these horrendous calls ad infinitum...

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

The refs really did blow some calls and there was total BS penalties. I thought the game was boring as hell. Neither team played very well.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I dont think it is a good idea for the 2 week wait. What do you guys think???

tater_salad
    Actually, they screwed Seattle out of two and gave one to Pittsburg. The long ass pass by Seattle was caught inbounds and the ball itself crossed the plane. The pylon and the goal line extend endlessly in their respective directions. The offensive pass interferance is bs. Ben didn't have the ball across the line. 24-10 should have been the final score with Seattle taking home the hardware.

I dont want a large farva jwrandall's Avatar
    02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad
    Actually, they screwed Seattle out of two and gave one to Pittsburg. The long ass pass by Seattle was caught inbounds and the ball itself crossed the plane. The pylon and the goal line extend endlessly in their respective directions. The offensive pass interferance is bs. Ben didn't have the ball across the line. 24-10 should have been the final score with Seattle taking home the hardware.
    1. He still has to get two feet in bounds, which he did not. 2.The pass interference was a legit call, you can see the defender get pushed back and have to reset his feet. 3.No, Ben did not score.

john
    Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad
    The ball wasn't caught inbounds because he didn't get both feet in. If he had, it only had to break the plane, but because he didn't it wasn't even a completed pass.

Offensive pass interference was only BS in as much as he thought he could get away with pushing off of someone in the end zone, in the super bowl in front of an official. It might be something they would let slide in a normal season game, but this was just a dumb move. Probably not the most egregious violation in the history of the NFL, but it was a by-the-book call. Couldn't be more fair.

Ben got the points. Unless the break the plane rule only gets generous interpretation at your discretion. Even if he hadn't, they certainly would have gone for it on 4th and most likely gained the 1 inch they needed. And again (really stretching in your favor) even if they had gone for it and been stopped they would have the Seahawks stuffed up against the goal line. Worst case (and this is being REALLY generous) 14-10 Pitt.

There were bad calls against the Steelers as well. At least two Seattle completions that were stripped and would have been turnovers. Late hits against Randel El and Ward and the second false start penalty was crap.

In other words your argument is essentially "The Seahawks would have won if you ignore all the bad calls against the Steelers, overrule those against the Seahawks and assume everything else would have remained the same".

If it weren't for one lucky interception and a near miraculous runback it would have been a blow out at 21-3. I'm surprised you didn't claim the uprights were in on the conspiracy too. Here's a hint: you get points for kicking the ball between them.

They lost. Learn how to deal with it.

john

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Don't forget the fumble that was called an incompletion even though Stevens took three freakin steps.
    Or the fumble that was called down by contact because some steeler brushed Hasselback's jersey.
    Or the blatant illegal block in the back (he didn't just nudge the guy either, he nailed him square in the back and sent him flying like 20 feet) thrown right in front of the freakin referee during the Seahawks interception return.
    Oh wait you only want to hear about the ones that went against the Seahawks....

Ben did cross the plane, at least that's what the Official ON the field saw and there was NOT enough evidence to say otherwise. You just couldn't tell... and neither could the ref.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I didn't see many bad calls....just a lot of fans that don't know the rules of pro ball as good as they think they do...or were just too drunk and seeing shit Gotta have two feet in, hasselbeck was down by contact on that fumble....it clearly showed a steeler hand grab his side, so as soon as hasselbacks left elbow hit the ground he was down. Yes ben had the ball across the line...it showed it many times in the replay.....some of you were probably too drunk to even remember. They even freakin froze the replay when he was 1 foot of the ground...the ball broke the plane!!! Ehhhh.....there wasn't any helmet to helmet contact on that "late" hit...which wasn't late IMO, just looked worse when they showed it in slo-mo.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    Don't forget the fumble that was called an incompletion even though Stevens took three freakin steps.
    That was one of the bad calls...he clearly had control of the ball.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    That was one of the bad calls...he clearly had control of the ball.
    I agree, yet the ball made it out of bounds before anyone touched it. So it still would have been Seattle's ball and further down the field. So was it a truly bad call in that the play was negated and sent back to the original line of scrimmage? All in all, Seattle played like crap and didn't get any help from the refs. Pittsburgh played like crap and got a little help from the refs. Personally, I have watched better season games than what this Superbowl had to offer. And the Rolling Stones sucked.
    Last edited by RENE95Z; 02-07-2006 at 06:51 AM.

BigPetez28
    camcojb.com/sbXVtd.jpg

put www infront of the link

TOCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BigPetez28
    camcojb.com/sbXVtd.jpg

put www infront of the link

TOCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

look at your picture a little closer. the football is under his chin. that which is being construed as a football is either his upper arm, or the shoulder of the offensive player under him. it is too light to be the football. also, he never had the chance to extend his arm till after he hit the ground and made a second effort.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I couldn't give a fuck about either team, the game blew ass, they both sucked, the Seahawks got jobbed.

john
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    I couldn't give a fuck about either team, the game blew ass, they both sucked, the Seahawks got jobbed.
    As with the rest of the idiots that think this, you don't provide any indication of how they were "jobbed". At least you didn't even try. The rest of the crap people come up with ranks right up there with the vanishing plane that crashed into the Pentagon.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Read above, I couldn;t give a fuck, so therefore I don't care to waste my time explaining myself, the game fucking blew they both sucked asshole and that Steelers team might be one of the worst Super Bowl winning teams in history. Big Ben still crying in a hole over that pathetic game he shit out.

The Rookie
    nobody mentioned how the Steelers "jobbed" Alexander??? I am a Bears fan, but was glad to see Blitzburg win. Good for Cower!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information