Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Impounded
    gmcheviac

Pitbull Kills 3 day old infant.

http://www.jacksonvilleinjuryattorne...in_jackso.html
    why would you leave a 3 day old with a dog?
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 10-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post

prolly not even a pit it has been proven that many times they blame these attacks on pits no matter what breed it is.

if it was it had major issues that can't be blamed on any other pit. pits love people unless sick or given a reason not to.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Unbelievable. And of course, they'll blame the dog and not the dipshit parents/owners.

geez i couldnt imagine if that were my kid.. my kids are 6 and 2 and i never leave them around our dog unsupervised. hes a Brazilian Mastiff but as good natured as they come -still a no no

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Unbelievable. And of course, they'll blame the dog and not the dipshit parents/owners.

agreed... the parents are the fuck up and the ones to be blamed, shot and or put down... not the dog.

unless its an asshole dog because of the owners/parents.... then put all 3 down

2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Its hard to say. The parents could have been right there when it happened and there was nothing they could do about it. Once a Pit locks it jaws on anything good luck trying to get it to stop.

I've seen Pits that were the greatest pets and then attack for no reason. Regardless of what people say, Pits are an unpredictable breed.

You will less likely see this happen with other powerful breeds like a Rott or even better a German Shepard which both have strong protective instincts to their family.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Bramlok View Post
    Its hard to say. The parents could have been right there when it happened and there was nothing they could do about it. Once a Pit locks it jaws on anything good luck trying to get it to stop.

I've seen Pits that were the greatest pets and then attack for no reason. Regardless of what people say, Pits are an unpredictable breed.

You will less likely see this happen with other powerful breeds like a Rott or even better a German Shepard which both have strong protective instincts to their family.
    There hasn't been a day that there hasn't been a pit bull on my immediate family since I was born....I've never seen this behavior out of any of them...every dog is unpredictable regardless of breed....dogs attack people every day, but it seems that pit bull attacks are the only ones makin headlines...I've seen German shepherds bite people and have even been chased by onemy... son was bitten in the face by a rat terrier when he was only a couple of months old...a dog will do what it's gonna do...we never know what they're thinkin...pit bulls have the rap because they are used in dog fights and they look mean as shit. But if raised like a normal dog, they are just as obedient and protective as any other. I used to let my pit knaw on my arm...he never broke skin...but he could devour a huge ass rawhide bone in less than an hour...he knew what he was capable of but never took it out on any person...great dogs in my opinion...just too bad that these things happen...especially to babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    john, think of the ls1 as the chuck norris of all engines....there isnt a bearing on earth that can stand up to its huge cock of a rotating assembly....its just that bad ass....besides..even with my engine out, i can still smoke your ford....
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/v8mike/tpb.gif

Yes...this engine wanted to take a break from kickin ass so that it can pursue a career in acting..but will soon realize that no one will hire it due to it being so bad ass, and thats a liabiliity....

Black
    2001 Trans Am

maybe the asians have it right, eat them

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

a cat did it they always snuff out babies

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

It's tasted human flesh...once the hunger is there it will never go away. We must put it down before it attacks again. HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE THEY EATIN' EVERYBODY!!!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    this was the parents fault, but pitbulls are pretty useless in general

2002 Camaro

There hasn't been a day that there hasn't been a pit bull on my immediate family since I was born....I've never seen this behavior out of any of them...every dog is unpredictable regardless of breed....dogs attack people every day, but it seems that pit bull attacks are the only ones makin headlines...I've seen German shepherds bite people and have even been chased by onemy... son was bitten in the face by a rat terrier when he was only a couple of months old...a dog will do what it's gonna do...we never know what they're thinkin...pit bulls have the rap because they are used in dog fights and they look mean as shit. But if raised like a normal dog, they are just as obedient and protective as any other. I used to let my pit knaw on my arm...he never broke skin...but he could devour a huge ass rawhide bone in less than an hour...he knew what he was capable of but never took it out on any person...great dogs in my opinion...just too bad that these things happen...especially to babies.
    Good to hear your family has had some good Pits. I'm sure there's hundreds if not thousands that have the same good experience with Pits.

Dogs are like kids. You try and raise them right but sometimes things just don't turn out right.

You have to remember the American Pitbull Terrier was bred for one reason and one reason only, and that was to fight. You can train them to be the best behaved family dog and many Pits live their entire lives like this. The thing you can't change in a purebred Pit is it's natural born instinct to fight or attack, even on its own family/pack/master at any given moment.

There's a reason law enforcement uses German Shepards due to their loyalty, intelligence, and strength. Its been well documented a German Shepard will sacrifice its own life to protect their own family from danger. You'll be hard pressed to find a Pitbull doing the type of work a German Shepard does.

I don't want to get into a debate on what is the best dog as any dog has the potential to attack, bite or kill. It's just generations of natural instinct of the Pitbull seeded deep down inside that surprises many people in what they thought was a good dog. And like I said, I'm sure there are many others that love Pits and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Black
    2005 GTO

It happened here in fl surprise surprise. As a northerner let me just tell you these people down here are f'in morons! They amaze me with there stupidity everyday. This state is full of lazy,dumb,old and illegal people.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Bramlok View Post

There's a reason law enforcement uses German Shepards due to their loyalty, intelligence, and strength. Its been well documented a German Shepard will sacrifice its own life to protect their own family from danger. You'll be hard pressed to find a Pitbull doing the type of work a German Shepard does.
    this is just pure bs... first pits have been used in law enforcement and second pits are VERY loyal to their pack and will defend them to the death... did you even say fighting is what they were bread for? pits just as smart as shepards and every bit as athletic.

look up UKC's list of superdogs and tell me how many of them are pits.

but what does the UKC know right?

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

quote right from the UKC:

The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

There is nothing wrong with a pitbull, my girlfriend has had two rednose pits which I have lived with. They were both babied and were two of the biggest pussies i have ever seen. I was never afraid of them around my child, I never left my daighter alone with them but I never had to worry when they were around her other than her getting mad when they give her a wet kiss on her face.

Cops are def fearful of them and for good reason thanks to bad owners. Our neighbors were robbed one night and we were outside when the cops got there. The dog started barking, he was chained up but the cop said calm that dog down or I will as he had a tazer in his hand, I just looked at him and said this is private property and you better put that tazer away.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-28-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

sad story no doubt. and no i dont trust pits. my uncle has em and ive seen em attackt the terriers for no reason.

like mentioned above raising them right doesnt always mean that they will be perfect dogs. how many people have been raised right and turned out to be rapists or seriel killers?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    sad story no doubt. and no i dont trust pits. my uncle has em and ive seen em attackt the terriers for no reason.

like mentioned above raising them right doesnt always mean that they will be perfect dogs. how many people have been raised right and turned out to be rapists or seriel killers?
    IDK how many? Obviously those people werent raised right because if they had they would have had morals carved into there soul, which they obviously didnt being rapists and seriel killers.

How many of those people didnt actually commit the crime they were sent to jail for?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

l'll say it again. It's not the dog, it's the dipshit owner who isn't responsible enough to own the dog. With that said, the saddest part is an innocent child lost their life over it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information