Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    It's all Mike Vick's fault
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    99 Z28

Here we go again with the responsible people vs. the pitt bull lovers on the ls1.com forum.

(The above is tongue in cheek humor).

For the record, while I think most are good dogs... pits are dogs that really should just be allowed to become extinct. Not killed off, but not continued to be bred.

Really, the "they're so sweet" defense of these dogs only goes so far. There are LOTS of sweet other breeds.

They're okay guard dogs I'm sure, but when the guard dogs turn on their owners (there have been been several reports of this), that's not a great guard dog. Time to let them go. Really.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

ok well.. i believe its all about the way the dog was raised.. especially as a puppy.. just like humans..

the most destructive time for fcking up the mind and behavior is when the dog is a puppy.. just like in humans.

so you raise them like crap, they are strong enough to actually hurt someone when they are provoked.. or when something specific is stimulated to make their response be aggressive.

those dogs are purely muscle which makes their attacks much more brutal than say a fcking poodle.

its all how you raise them. I know pitts that ive never heard a growl out of.. they dont know aggressiveness, negligence if they arent taught it.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Let's see (keywords and/or phrases): 3 kids and she's under 20; pit bull; jail; trailer park; kid on fold out bed in living room... Fine upstanding folks right der....

Well I read about an 8 week old lab puppy that killed a baby... was it really the dogs fault? Do you leave you infant with a live animal alone? It goes beyond how the dog was raised. People do stupid things and shouldn't have a dog or child in the first place.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Let's see (keywords and/or phrases): 3 kids and she's under 20; pit bull; jail; trailer park; kid on fold out bed in living room... Fine upstanding folks right der....
    word

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Damn this thread is blowing up

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    Well I read about an 8 week old lab puppy that killed a baby... was it really the dogs fault? Do you leave you infant with a live animal alone? It goes beyond how the dog was raised. People do stupid things and shouldn't have a dog or child in the first place.
    8 weeks, the dog doesnt kno anything except that the baby was fckin toy.

shame on the mother

at this point not much as developed except for, eat, pee and play.

that dog didnt do that out of aggression, that dog did it because it thought it was playing..

grown AGGRESSIVE dogs dont do it cuz they think its playing, its cuz they dont know its wrong.

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    ok well.. i believe its all about the way the dog was raised.. especially as a puppy.. just like humans..

the most destructive time for fcking up the mind and behavior is when the dog is a puppy.. just like in humans.

so you raise them like crap, they are strong enough to actually hurt someone when they are provoked.. or when something specific is stimulated to make their response be aggressive.

those dogs are purely muscle which makes their attacks much more brutal than say a fcking poodle.

its all how you raise them. I know pitts that ive never heard a growl out of.. they dont know aggressiveness, negligence if they arent taught it.
    my buddy had a pit he raised from a 6 week puppy.....mad a real big baby out of her, sweet dog......then 5 yrs later outta nowhere unprovoked it turned on him.....they have way to unstable of a temperment

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

The child is in PITT Memorial Hospital....

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by midnightnavyz28 View Post
    my buddy had a pit he raised from a 6 week puppy.....mad a real big baby out of her, sweet dog......then 5 yrs later outta nowhere unprovoked it turned on him.....they have way to unstable of a temperment
    I have to agree there. I've seen it several times and was one of the reasons I quit raising them in the mid 80's.

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

I had one in 95 for all of about 3 hours. Got it from the pound, should have known, but the dog was really calm and pretty friendly until I got the dam thing home then it was a dog possessed? WTF tried to bite me, my mom, my brother, and 2 friends! Hell who knows what makes them snap thats why they are animals ? The worst effin dog i ever come in contact with was a chiwauwau, I cant spell, but you can punt them like a football!!
    finally 551 RWHP!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

more ignorance of the breed..dont judge the entire breed by the select negative stories the media spoonfeeds you.we have 3 dogs,2 of which are pitts..& we have 2 kids currently,1 on the way next month & i would recommend owning a pitt to any RESPONSIBLE dog lover.

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

I agree kids shouldn't be left alone at all, hell even with cats, or any type of pet? Crack Whores should be steralized !

Grey
    2003 R/T

this has nothing to do with the dog being an aggressive breed, it was a puppy, that was playing. No where in the story did it say that the dog mauled or attacked the baby. Do I think the dog should have been put to sleep, NO! Put the parents to sleep for being stupid and leaving a child unattended. Im sure they are just a waste of oxygen anyways

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

While I think pitts are definitely a breed that should only be handled by competent adults. I think the media plays a bigger role in betraying the dog in a villainous way. Ive read plenty of stories involving other breads that get no where near the attention but you put Pitt Bull in the headlines and its allover the web/papers/tv.

Black
    99 Z28

The red tail boa that the neighbor had should have eaten the dog.

Impounded
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    more ignorance of the breed..dont judge the entire breed by the select negative stories the media spoonfeeds you.we have 3 dogs,2 of which are pitts..& we have 2 kids currently,1 on the way next month & i would recommend owning a pitt to any RESPONSIBLE dog lover.
    and you shouldnt think that just because you have 2 theyre all nice if raised right.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information