Thread: PINKS rant

NBM
    '00 Z28

PINKS rant

Season two has shown a the reform of the show. They've been trying to get more shop owned cars to run on the show. Maybe it's to keep people from getting hard feelings and thwart any such driven post show violence or something. But, I'm just curious here, because I've been noticing since they went to more shop owned cars they've had a lot more cars breaking on the show. Has anyone else noticed that?

Hell, there isn't one shop that has had their car on that show that I'd take my vehicle to for work. Last night was a perfect example. Bully Dog won the final race and took home the other truck, but only because the other team wasn't smart enough to make sure they had a full bottle before racing. What kind of racer, racing for titles, only brings one bottle of nitrous??? Those people don't have the attention to detail I'd feel comfortable enough with in order for me to trust my car to them.

Not to mention the winners, Bully Dog, blew up their engine to get the win. Unless that was opportunity knocking in that engine compartment, it appears to me that company can't build a truck that will make it down the track more than a few times before grenading. Why would I ever take my vehicle to them.

I'm glad they're all coming out there with logos all over their vehicles and showing us what they are really all about. Now I at least know what places not to go for performance work.

What a bunch of morons. Now I'll get off my

1986 Camaro

Im not one to usually jump in on rants, but I have to agree with you. I now expect something to break and then they try to barter for time or what not. I'm disappointed in the show now.

I Thought trailer queen cars were only good for a few runs anyway before something broke? Also the 4 lengths/no bottle/ you hurt my feelings shit is old.

badass67
    I think it sucks, half the time is the guys cryin like 5 year old girls and wanting a big headstart.

Blah Blah Blah. Watched it once last year, and once this year. No more for me.

1966 Corvette Coupe

never have liked the show... would be cooler if they found ppl that actually wanted to race... not pussy foot around with negotiation... i hate it when ppl say... your car aint shit... that thing aint worth shit... will you give me 5 lengths... (black formy vs. carmaro)... i think the next word wout of this mouth were... ther is no way i can line up head to head that thing has a 300 shot on it...

buch of punk asses... and the host is a dueshe...

much cooler just to follow around some kid that thinks he is the shit and set up some old school bottoms racing for pink slips..

Buckeyes fan for Life OSU Buckeyes's Avatar
    I'm gonna vido tape some people drag racing on a back road near my house. They make a wager and it sticks, no bs who ever gets to the finish line first wins. If you think ur car is faster than someone elses then they show up and run. That's it. Alot of people go home dissapointed, but some are amazingly suprised, and I love it. If I could get someone to produse this shit I know people would watch it. It's true heads up racing, if u can talk shit u better be able to back it. the good thing about it is that everyone that races knows that, sos thereis not much of a problem. If it's street legal it's fair game. But I have seen a 600 hp nova lose to a decent modded LS1 camaro, just for the sole fact that u are on the road not the track ur not gonna get any water or a burn out box. I love it.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I've ranted on the reliability thing to the chick that lives with me nonstop every episode. I dont' give a fuck if you can run 10s, my car will run a high 12 and then make the highway trip home, cruise around town for an hour, run a few street races, idle through a drive-thru and get me home

Then do it again the next weekend without me even checking the oil

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    never have liked the show... would be cooler if they found ppl that actually wanted to race... not pussy foot around with negotiation... i hate it when ppl say... your car aint shit... that thing aint worth shit... will you give me 5 lengths... (black formy vs. carmaro)... i think the next word wout of this mouth were... ther is no way i can line up head to head that thing has a 300 shot on it...

buch of punk asses... and the host is a dueshe...

much cooler just to follow around some kid that thinks he is the shit and set up some old school bottoms racing for pink slips..
    ^and that pretty much sums it up.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea bad advertizing for the companies, but i wouldnt go saying "well if their shit breaks all their work / products must be shit"

Thread Information