Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    97 Formula

Pictures of the rarest muscle cars ever! *get drool towels*

Here are some pictures and info pertaining to some of the rarest muscle cars ever built. *Warning: drooling will occur*

http://corvettes-musclecars.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Thanks for that link!!

Now this is a much better list of cars to consider as the "best musclecar ever". I'd vote for a shitload of those. I did drool all over myself, God what a collection.

geesh I count about 14 gotta-have Corvettes, but according to BillyT, those shouldn't be considered as muscle cars. Remember now, those are sports cars according to the gospel and Wikipedia. So we really can't count those as musclecars, even though I think the 427 Vette as the best of all time.

Hell I can't contain myself when I look at this I'd like to have one so bad.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Motrv8d Steve
    geesh I count about 14 gotta-have Corvettes, but according to BillyT, those shouldn't be considered as muscle cars. Remember now, those are sports cars according to the gospel and Wikipedia. So we really can't count those as musclecars, even though I think the 427 Vette as the best of all time.
    Corvettes are not muscle cars.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    Corvettes are not muscle cars.
    thank you for the clarification.

The fact that there's tons of idiots that consider the Honda Civic a sports car, doesn't make someone any less of an idiot for also thinking so. The same goes for people who insist on calling the "American Sports Car", a muscle car.

Last edited by BillyT; 04-09-2006 at 12:09 PM.

the craziest part is back in the 60's and 70's you could have bought 40 of them for 100k and turned them around today for 20-40 Million......and you thought real estate paid....

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Although the term "Muscle Car" is subjective and means different things to different people, this list may help clarify the intent of the term.

Muscle Car Definition:
    Strict Definition of a Muscle Car:

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.

Examples: Buick GS, Chevrolete Chevelle SS, Dodge Charger R/T, Ford Torino/Cobra, Plymouth GTX, Plymouth Road Runner, Oldsmobile 442, Pontiac GTO

Fullsize Muscle Car:

The strict definition only includes intermediate size vehicles. In reality, performance oriented intermediate size vehicles didn't appear until 1964. Before then, manufacturers took existing fullsize vehicles and added extra performance to them. Because of this, the early fullsize performance vehicles are generally considered muscle cars.

Examples: Chevrolet Impala (SS only), Ford Galaxie (with 390 + cid engines only), Dodge Coronet (R/Ts only), etc.

Pony Cars and Compact Cars:

In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.

Examples: Chevrolet Camaro (SS and Z28 models only), Ford Mustang (GTs and Boss only), Plymouth 'Cudas (no Barracudas), AMC Javelin, etc.

Personal Luxury Cars and Luxury Cars:

Although there were several personal luxury vehicles with performance engines and options, their heavy weight and high sticker prices went against the low cost performance definition of muscle cars. Therefore, they are not considered muscle cars.

Examples: Buick Riviera, Chrysler 300 Letter Cars, Pontiac Grand Prix, etc.

Two Seat Sports Cars:

Two seat sports cars such as the Chevrolet Corvette and the Ford Thunderbird are not considered muscle cars due to their high price and specialty nature. The only exception is the AMC AMX as it was relatively cheap, and was based on the AMC Javalin pony car.

Examples: AMC AMX, etc.

Link to above and list of example vehicles:
    http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...finition.shtml

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

All these sources. . .I'll stick with good 'ol webster when at all possible. . .and it just happens to have muscle car in it

muscle car
    One entry found for muscle car.

Main Entry: muscle car
    Pronunciation: -"kär
    Function: noun
    : any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving
    the definition of a sports car stipulated manuverability and high speed capabilities
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 04-09-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    The fact that there's tons of idiots that consider the Honda Civic a sports car, doesn't make someone any less of an idiot for also thinking so. The same goes for people who insist on calling the "American Sports Car", a muscle car.

Click for full size
    I think he just called me an idiot.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

He will do that ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I went to that site Rainman..Wow. I did not know that a 69 Barracuda with a 440 was not a muscle car or a Cutlass with a 455 was not a muscle car..Only cuda and 442...

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    I went to that site Rainman..Wow. I did not know that a 69 Barracuda with a 440 was not a muscle car or a Cutlass with a 455 was not a muscle car..Only cuda and 442...
    Well that's just one web site's opinion. . I posted it just for info purposes. I don't necessarily agree with the list 100%.

Did you notice that Mustang GT's and Boss' are on the list but no Shelby's? Plus I personally don't agree with the Corvette. It may have started out as "The Great American Sports Car" but I feel that certain packages elevated it to "Muscle Car" Status.

as an example, I consider the 1967 427 Corvette a "Muscle Car" (If that makes me an Idiot as well. . .So be it. . .who cares!)

After all, does the average "Muscle Car" Enthusiast consider the Anemic 1974 GTO a "Muscle Car"? It's still a real Pontiac GTO, although it's just a Ventura with graphics and a shaker scoop!

It's still a subjective term, and just go with what you feel!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Thing about the 74 GTO. They could have made it a real GTO. Put a SD455 in that thing and WOW.....OHH the" could have beens".....

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    Thing about the 74 GTO. They could have made it a real GTO. Put a SD455 in that thing and WOW.....OHH the" could have beens".....

Black
    97 Formula

And if the GTO stayed in production for the next thirty years like the F-Body did, it would have evolved into the current 04-06 model.

And there are two Shelby's there, the yellow and blue ones.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I would have liked to seen the GTO evolve till today. Just think what kind of V8 Pontiac would have had if they had kept making them all this time..

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My dream car, only 12 ever built!

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I was in Jr. Hi and High school when those cars in that collection were on the streets. So many of them are so highly covetable. Every one is a dream car. Geesh to have so many, that guy must be a billionare or something.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Wow!

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Wow! I have actually seen two of those cars in person several years ago! I knew they got sold off but I never knew where they went. That is a helluva sweet collection.

Oh and a '67 427 tri-power vette with a 4 speed is a muscle car! They don't handle for shit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information