Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Picked up my new piece

Joined the NRA, got my FOID card and bought my first handgun. It's a Springfield XD .40. Two additional clips will come in about a month as part of a promotion. Gonna take some shooting classes when it warms up.

Let me just say the state of Illinois is completely idiotic when it comes to purchasing a gun. I had to apply for a firearms card by filling out a specific form then send it into the state police for a background check. After 30 days I get my FOID card and take a trip to the gun store. I pick out my gun and proceed to fill out the exact same form I just sent to the state police a month ago. Then they do another background check right there in like 2 minutes. After that I had to wait 3 days just incase I'm mad and want to go shoot someone right then and there.

Now, I'm all for the background check before buying a gun, but these F'ing democrats in Illinois just want to bust everyone's balls and make it as hard as possible for law abiding citizens to buy a firearm.

Ok rant is over, it's a damn nice gun though.
    Last edited by BrntWS6; 01-10-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

very nice pistol.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    Click for full size
    You have to love XD's. I bought a 45 ACP XD for 399 at X-mas... Gotta love them..

None

Very freakin cool!

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

The background check is for "my" protection against people that dont deserve the right to bare arms. Every state is different, I'm going to get my consealed weopens permit as soon as i get off my lazy ass, Nice gun to and you got to love the case that it comes in also.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I loooove my .45 XD! Nice purchase. Sorry to hear about those bullshit laws!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Less than a year before I can purchase mine...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

nice gun, a guy i know just got his .45 xd stole

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Wow talk about jumping thourgh hoops for a gun. Here you go to a shop pick out a gun, fill out a form, they call it in, 15-20 minutes later your walking out the door with it.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Nice

impulse blue
    06 GTO

everyone better get used to that procedure. You know that Hussien is from Illonios, and he WILL at BEST adopt that. If not that way, he'll just ban them all with the help of President Clinton and Hillary.

On a side note I'm doing another massive ammo run next week.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Wow talk about jumping thourgh hoops for a gun. Here you go to a shop pick out a gun, fill out a form, they call it in, 15-20 minutes later your walking out the door with it.
    here in illinois we have all too many liberal elected bastards that are anti anything considered fun that is slightly dangerous.
    you can buy a handgun here in the state, but you cant buy fireworks, thats fucked up.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by flat-top View Post
    everyone better get used to that procedure. You know that Hussien is from Illonios, and he WILL at BEST adopt that. If not that way, he'll just ban them all with the help of President Clinton and Hillary.

On a side note I'm doing another massive ammo run next week.
    I dont believe hes gonna ban stuff right away, but i do tell people to stock up, its not like ammo will ever go bad.

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Nice. You are going to need it with the White House now turning black. Good luck with it.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    Click for full size

Joined the NRA, got my FOID card and bought my first handgun. It's a Springfield XD .40. Two additional clips will come in about a month as part of a promotion. Gonna take some shooting classes when it warms up.

Let me just say the state of Illinois is completely idiotic when it comes to purchasing a gun. I had to apply for a firearms card by filling out a specific form then send it into the state police for a background check. After 30 days I get my FOID card and take a trip to the gun store. I pick out my gun and proceed to fill out the exact same form I just sent to the state police a month ago. Then they do another background check right there in like 2 minutes. After that I had to wait 3 days just incase I'm mad and want to go shoot someone right then and there.

Now, I'm all for the background check before buying a gun, but these F'ing democrats in Illinois just want to bust everyone's balls and make it as hard as possible for law abiding citizens to buy a firearm.

Tell me about it. Here in CA you either have to take a safety course or a basic weapons safety test that cost money, have to show proof of resent residence and then you have to wait 10 days for every gun you purchase. The background could only take a few days but it doesn't matter...you have to wait the full 10 .

Nice pistol BTW

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Doesn't suprise me that CA is strict with guns too. Beautiful state, but I'd only want to visit.

Obama and his liberal views really pushed me into buying a gun while I still can. Chicago politics in the white house is not going to be good. His whole cabinet is extremely anti-gun.

I believe Illinois and Wisconsin are the only two states that don't have any type of CCW at all. If it wasn't for my whole family living in the area I would have moved out of this blue state a long time ago.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Very nice I just bought a springfield XD 9mm and went and shot it today and I love the thing. Very nice guns! The silver clips are def nice as well!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

My room mate bought an XD 45 last year, its an amazing gun, hes literally never cleaned it....he keep it in really good shape though. Hes just never broken it down and cleaned the internals, but hes never had a problem with it. the only downside is that if you need to decock it, you have to drop the clip, rack the slide to eject that shell, pull the trigger, then put the clip back in. other than that the guy is freakin amazing.

Someone else from texas posted here, for us you gotta be 21 and have a valid DL with your current address, fill out a form, phone call back ground check and your done, i walked out with mine in 20 minutes.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

come on take it out and take some better pictures

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Youll love it. I have the exact same pistol only mine has the dark green stock. Its sitting next to bed with 12 rounds of hollow point .40 cal.

Great gun, You can literally have it completely torn down in 30 seconds. Good shooter for sure.

What did ya pay?

I paid 350 for the pistol, it had roughly 20 rounds threw it. Hellofa deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information