Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

PETA activists protest Biker Rally--Good Idea?

This is a discussion on PETA activists protest Biker Rally--Good Idea? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by gd1996 I ride crotch rockets and we mess with harley guys all the time... they have yet ...

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    I ride crotch rockets and we mess with harley guys all the time... they have yet to be able to keep up lol. But I have some good friends who are all hardcore bikers... but I have some people I'd call enemies also who are bikers. I called one out one night after he said he's biker gang was as bad as the pegans and whoever else and he pussed out. There are some real ahole bikers out there.
    Just wait till you find the right one to "mess with", it won't matter if they can keep up with your bike or not

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    it aint about keepin up. thats just how some crotch rocketers overcome the insecure feeling they get when they overtake a pack of sweet rumbling machines.

No insecure feeling here... and if I'm going to ride a bike its going to be something fast not something that just makes alot of noise and leaks oil. I have quite a few friends with harleys and I let them ride in front so I don't lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    Just wait till you find the right one to "mess with", it won't matter if they can keep up with your bike or not
    I'm still waiting... like I said I called one supposed bad ass biker out after he talked his shit, he pussed out... and I know he has alot of biker friends, yet I went alone and he drove past and wouldn't stop. Thats another reason I don't like them because look at you comment... people really believe this crap. Theres very few that would actually do anything, 99% are all talk. Believe I know from experience.
    Last edited by gd1996; 01-17-2010 at 09:34 AM.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post

Theres very few that would actually do anything, 99% are all talk. Believe I know from experience.
    You do realize there are different types of bike "gangs" don't you? Do you know the difference in the patches?

If you were talking shit to me on my Harley I would laugh at you and go on my way because I don't care. If you were talking shit to a guy a used to hang out with back home the outcome would be a lot different. Most people aren't going to get in a fight with you because they have nothing to prove by it, but if you run into that 1% you and your fast bike might not make it home

black
    02 vette vert

You do realize there are different types of bike "gangs" don't you? Do you know the difference in the patches?

If you were talking shit to me on my Harley I would laugh at you and go on my way because I don't care. If you were talking shit to a guy a used to hang out with back home the outcome would be a lot different. Most people aren't going to get in a fight with you because they have nothing to prove by it, but if you run into that 1% you and your fast bike might not make it home
    very well said.
    i'm done with this.

black
    02 vette vert

ok, one last thought.
    keep in mind why different people ride different bikes. there are just as many people who buy crotchrockets because they think it makes them cool, just like the road racers and canyon carvers, as there are people who buy harleys because they think it makes them bad mfers, just like the real bikers and club members. some buy crotchrockets because they have the skill to handle them and like to go fast. some buy harleys because they like to take long trips, or just get away for the day and forget the real world while hitting the long winding road through the mountains. gold wings aren't the only thing you put long days in the saddle on. some buy harleys for the same reason you would prefer an american v-8 over a 4 or 6cyl ricer. it's what feels good for a putt around town or out of town. you can get a super glide, a softtail a bagger, lots of choices depending on what you want your bike for.
    crotchrockets? only good for one thing. speed.
    for people who aren't buying a certain type of bike just to be like someone else, it's a simple matter of what kind of machine you prefer.
    there are assholes on both.
    it always seems odd when people love the american v-8 muscle car scene and despise the ricers, that they also ride crotchrockets and despise the harley.

I should be more specific, I don't go out just to mess with them, if they starting revving their engines and shit they I will. I'm not looking for a fight or anything like that. Its just the same when I drive around in a trans am and a guy in a mustang or ricer wants to play. Ya I had a run in with a so called member of a bad ass biker gang and he was all talk. And I'm sure there are ones who would back it up... but they could be in a car, bar, or wherever. I could be at the club and someone could pull a gun on me... doesn't mean I'm not going to go out and drink any more. I could walk to the mail box box and get hit by a car right now and not make it home... doesn't mean I'm not going to take that chance. Believe me I'm well aware of whos out there, what they are about and so on... should I be scared of some? Maybe, but I'm not going to stop living how I know for fear of what could be.

ok, one last thought.
    keep in mind why different people ride different bikes. there are just as many people who buy crotchrockets because they think it makes them cool, just like the road racers and canyon carvers, as there are people who buy harleys because they think it makes them bad mfers, just like the real bikers and club members. some buy crotchrockets because they have the skill to handle them and like to go fast. some buy harleys because they like to take long trips, or just get away for the day and forget the real world while hitting the long winding road through the mountains. gold wings aren't the only thing you put long days in the saddle on. some buy harleys for the same reason you would prefer an american v-8 over a 4 or 6cyl ricer. it's what feels good for a putt around town or out of town. you can get a super glide, a softtail a bagger, lots of choices depending on what you want your bike for.
    crotchrockets? only good for one thing. speed.
    for people who aren't buying a certain type of bike just to be like someone else, it's a simple matter of what kind of machine you prefer.
    there are assholes on both.
    it always seems odd when people love the american v-8 muscle car scene and despise the ricers, that they also ride crotchrockets and despise the harley.
    You are right and I agree... but I don't ride a crotch rocket to be cool, lots ride them and harleys for just that reason. I like speed and I like to go fast. I had jap bikes growing up when I rode the trails, what else was there that compared? Now when it comes to cars, I'm all american. Harleys are flashy and slow, muscle cars are flashy and fast... big difference to me. Harleys may be made in america, but this is time I don't care. And I'll take my muscle car on a cross country trip just the same as I'll ride my crotchrocket that far too... as far as comfort, its all opinion. I've ridden cruisers and the seat was softer but they are heavy and not much fun to ride. I'm 32, maybe in 20 years I'll change my mind.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

remember too. this wasnt a lone asshole or poser .. This was a group of PETA people attacking a Biker Group,gang, ... So they will act very different .. Sometimes a Gang will give orders not to do things that will draw attention to the gang,, ..

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I still have a hard time believing this story. Is hilarious tho.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Disclaimer:

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious...
    LOL I googled the story and it went to a site called cafemom...

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Disclaimer:

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious...
    LOL I googled the story and it went to a site called cafemom...
    hmmm. i was believing it. i have seen people pissed on, and duct taping somebody inside a dumpster isn't that far-fetched.
    the timeline of "last weekend" or whatever didn't seem right though, but you get caught up in the fun part.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

hmmm. i was believing it. i have seen people pissed on, and duct taping somebody inside a dumpster isn't that far-fetched.
    the timeline of "last weekend" or whatever didn't seem right though, but you get caught up in the fun part.
    what I did was googled the town and date , if it really happened it would have been in the papers and on TV and such .. All that came up was this one story on different sites ...

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    what I did was googled the town and date , if it really happened it would have been in the papers and on TV and such .. All that came up was this one story on different sites ...
    not a typical time of year for a biker rally in these parts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information