Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

are people rude or stupid? Rant #1,234,542

I've pondered this for a long time and pay attention when I'm out in public to try and see the subtle differences to answer the question. I also give people the benefit of the doubt that most people aren't openly rude in public so stupidity has to be the answer for 80% or better I'd say.
    The next time you're in a store somewhere, especially a grocery store, pay attention to people in the isles. Are they being rude when they stop dead ass in the middle of the isle to check shit off their list or are they just too stupid to realize they're in the middle of the isle?
    I saw a guy stop his fat ass dead in the middle of the entrance door to turn and wait for his wife to get a cart and catch up. Really? Are you that stupid that you would stop right in the exact center of a doorway and turn to wait for your wife or are you so rude that you could care less about the people around you and that they might have better things to do than wait on your fat ass to get out of the way?
    Self check outs. The lines for these things vary depending on where you're at. There's either 1 single line like at a bank where everyone waits in a common area and goes 1 at a time or each side will have a line for it. This is a tricky call but if it's obvious there's 1 single line that everyone is waiting in then does that mean the jackass that walks up behind someone checking out is being rude or are they just too stupid to realize 20 people are lined up for a reason?
    Turn lanes. I'm in traffic with a buddy of mine last week. There's 2 lanes. The lane on the left goes straight through the light and the lane on the right has to make a right turn. I know this because on the side of the road is a sign with one arrow (on the left) showing straight ahead and one arrow (on the right) showing a right turn. In addition to this sign are 2 four foot tall arrows painted on the lanes themselves. There's a line of about 6 cars in the left lane waiting to go straight and 2 in the right lane to turn right. The right lane gets a green arrow and the first cars sits through the arrow and when they lights go green they go straight and cut off the person smart enough to be in the correct lane. Are people so stupid that symbols are no longer an acceptable form of communication? Once in that lane even if you screwed up do you ride out the entire arrow to go straight or do you make the right and then find a place to turn around or alternate route to get you to point B?
    Gas stations. If the pumps are full except 1 do you wait in line to get the pump on the correct side of the car or do you pull in head first in front of the person currently pumping gas and throw off the entire gas pumping system? Is that rudeness or stupidity dictating that decision?

I tend to think most people are just stupid but I'm sure there's a certain amount of rudeness that comes into play. Either way I'd like to shoot a few of these people in the face with a bazooka.
    Last edited by 0rion; 06-01-2009 at 11:00 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ive wondered the same thing...I lean more towards stupidity.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Ive noticed it big time here in rural KY. Ms Cornfed will sit in the middle of the isle, I will wait behind her with shopping cart and she asks if I need through.....

Another thing is people who think they are being nice in traffic, there is a busy intersection where people tend to turn on red lights when people wave them through. Some idiot in a jeep waves me past and its a red light for me, green for them. No way in hell. Guy looked upset but hell it isnt worth the ticket for the 30 second extra wait.

Dont really about the gas station thing. It annoys me really bad when the station is packed, and someone parks the car, gets gas, stops pumping and goes inside and dicks around when people are waiting on them.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I vote for stupidity. My pet peave is when I go grocery shopping or to Target, and there are these women standing in the middle of the aisle blocking all traffic going by just totally oblivious talking on their cell phones like its the end of the world if they put it down for 5 seconds and focus on the task at hand.

They drive how they operate a shopping cart. Ever notice how 90% of the time its a WOMAN on the phone while she's driving fucking up traffic or almost causing an accident? Philly yells at them everytime and they get offended when you tell them to get off the fuckin phone!

People are just stupid and incompetant! I mean really .. if my dad's asian wife can get her drivers license .. there is a SERIOUS problem because she is the WORST fuckin driver I have EVER seen! If i told you some of the things she did you wouldn't believe me!!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Stupidity/laziness. I try to always be courteous to others when I am out in public. I try not to offend others either. Just the way I was raised I guess.

Or maybe I have OCD.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

People are just stupid! And inconsiderate as well. Like you think, 98% have no clue about what they are doing and how it affects others, stupid people.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

I didn't read one bit of your rant but people are BOTH rude and stupid.... Take guy in parking lot this morning that opened his door hit my fender and didn't think I'd see the dent he put in it.... He was like ahhh that's nothing I looked at it ran my hand over it and said yeah the dent in it IS something. He gave me all his info without a problem I just have a feeling he won't like the estimate on the car
    If I wasn't there he would have just went about his business like OH WELL who cares about someone's car.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

mix of both. i know every single situation you mention. thoughtlessness is often used as an excuse, but is it really? can't people be expected to use their brains a little?
    conclusion: thoughtlessness leads to rude behaviour.

and why doesn't anybody use their turn signals anymore? especially when changing lanes? or is that a german phenomenon?

Thanks for the validation that my actions are actually noticed and working.

Actually, I think it's stupid and rude of folks to get so worked up about trivial stuff.

The guy in the doorway ... say "excuse me." and I bet he'll let you by. But that would require human interaction. Try texting him ...

The driver in the right turn only lane needing to go straight. Maybe the right turn only dead-beat got caught in the wrong lane by those 6 road rage car who wouldn't let him over.

Pumping gas on the "wrong" side ... Can you link me to this gas pumping system? And is the gas pumping system actually screwed up or is it the automakers for not being consistent on which side to fill the car? How about the pumps themselves for not having an overhead system. How about you for not pulling all the way forward, leaving an empty spot in front of you.

Self check outs ... it's grocery shopping, not hockey. So, 90 seconds of your day is wasted by a line jumper. Gee, you've wasted more than that reading my post. Now who is stoopid?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Rude, stupid, lazy, inconsiderate, and plain just don't care. That about sums it up.

Oh look! I just made a person!

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    and why doesn't anybody use their turn signals anymore? especially when changing lanes? or is that a german phenomenon?
    Here in Chicago (like anywhere)...using a turn signal telegraphs your next move, but drivers here don't care if you need to get over so what do they normally do...speed up or maintain speed so you can't make that move. As we all know that this is rude, but when you get a second chance to get in that same spot (this time w/no signal) now suddenly YOU are the asshole....wtf!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've come to realize over the years, that the "general" public is stupid and/or ignorant of anything that's outside of their own little world. Came to a "stop here on red" sign once and there was some dumb lady behind me honking her horn cause she wanted to turn right. I'm like WTF! Just where was she thinking I was going to go to let her pass and make an Illegal turn? I proceed to point my finger at the sign. She yells, "f*&K THAT SIGN!" So I yell back, "f*&K YOU TOO THEN DUMB BISH!" I have had many, many times, people who stop and just stand there in front of me too in the stores. I find a good, "MOVE" gets their asses moving again. One of my personal favs is the person who steps right in front of you when you're looking for a product on a shelf and they realize they dont know what they're looking for. I give them the old, "F*&K IT HUH??" love the look they get. I have to admit I suffer from various types of road rage too, and grocery store rage aswell. Everyone makes mistakes, but for some it's a way of life for them to just plod along oblivious to the world around them. I can not count how many times I've nearly been in an acident because some dumb ass is talking on their cell and runs a stop sign. People say, "it's a jungle out there!". I say, "NO more like a f'in CIRCUS!"
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-02-2009 at 05:01 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Awaiting Activation
    I hate stupid people...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post

The guy in the doorway ... say "excuse me." and I bet he'll let you by. But that would require human interaction. Try texting him ...

Why doesn't his fatass try being considerate and move out of the fuckin doorway..

The driver in the right turn only lane needing to go straight. Maybe the right turn only dead-beat got caught in the wrong lane by those 6 road rage car who wouldn't let him over.

Why doesn't this dumbass turn right and stop holding up traffic..then tries to cause an accident cutting off the other lane

Pumping gas on the "wrong" side ... Can you link me to this gas pumping system? And is the gas pumping system actually screwed up or is it the automakers for not being consistent on which side to fill the car? How about the pumps themselves for not having an overhead system. How about you for not pulling all the way forward, leaving an empty spot in front of you.

Common sense probably comes into play here

Self check outs ... it's grocery shopping, not hockey. So, 90 seconds of your day is wasted by a line jumper. Gee, you've wasted more than that reading my post. Now who is stoopid?

I think that's called being considerate of others..
    fixed

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

People shopping in the grocery store while talking to their spouse on the cell phone about what they need to get because they are too fucking stupid to make a fucking list pisses me off.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    If I wasn't there he would have just went about his business like OH WELL who cares about someone's car.
    That's because there's alot of people in this world that see them as a machine that gets them from point A to point B. They don't have any sentimental attachment to cars like we do. Someone said something on here the other day like "Your hippie car may get 40mpg's, but is it fun?" I was talking to my wife yesterday about me getting a new car soon (really want a G8 GT), and she wants me to buy a truck or SUV. I told her that quote and she said "Why does it have to be fun?" I couldn't believe it. I told her that as an enthusiast, it's not about the functionality of the vehicle, it's how it makes you feel. There's more to it than cargo space and gas mileage. She thinks I'm crazy.
    Corey L.
    Lexington, NC

Play 4x4 Country

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Thanks for the validation that my actions are actually noticed and working.

Actually, I think it's stupid and rude of folks to get so worked up about trivial stuff.

the last thing I want to do is "interact" with people. I'm worried your stupidity is contagious. I'm guessing you're also one of the people with trouble reading symbols on a sign. " Hey look....that arrow is bent. Wonder what happened to it??"
    Yes, I suppose you could blame the car companies or the gas companies or someone else but really the problem lies with morons that can't figure out how to pull into a gas station that keeps the flow of traffic moving.
    Yes.....you did waste 90 seconds of my time reading your post and I think we both know which of us is stupid.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    mix of both. i know every single situation you mention. thoughtlessness is often used as an excuse, but is it really? can't people be expected to use their brains a little?
    conclusion: thoughtlessness leads to rude behaviour.

most people are just idiots...... I think if you realize that right up front it'll explain most of what you run into out in public. Glad to see it's not just a U.S. thing though. Maybe we're just getting dumber as a species.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

"You can't fix stupid" -- Ron White

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLS1 View Post
    I mean really .. if my dad's asian wife can get her drivers license .. there is a SERIOUS problem because she is the WORST fuckin driver I have EVER seen! If i told you some of the things she did you wouldn't believe me!!!

I'd believe anything about asians driving, we have ONE in town and she bought a car that looked new a month later, it's got dents, dings. and looks worse than any car i've ever driven, including a 1977 work truck lol.

People are idiots, living in their own little world. that's the problem with about 2/3rds of the people out there.

we all do stupid things from time to time. but some people seem to do more stupid things than dozens of people combined.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information