Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Paypal sucks ass

In between confirming my bank account... that took fucking 4 days, now the transaction has taken place and I have to wait ANOTHER fucking 4 days atleast for it to transfer into my account.

I LOVE waiting 2 weeks to get paid for selling something

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Rookie, ..., Should have had it set up long before the final minute of expecting payment in yer pocket, ...

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Rookie, ..., Should have had it set up long before the final minute of expecting payment in yer pocket, ...
    I thought I did, But my old account would never verify for some fucking reason

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah PayPal sucks ass!!

They tried to screw me a few times when I wanted to cash out my account.

I NO LONGER DEAL WITH THEM AS MANY OTHERS ARE NOW IN THE SAME BOAT.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Dude get the paypal atm card with the visa logo...you can pull money out of your paypal account through a atm or use it as a check card. Actually it's a mastercard but either way it's free..

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I made a $350 paypal transaction and Paypal accidentally took out $3,500 out of my account!!!!
    It took them a couple of days to give it back! They suck!!!!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Which means you had more than 3500 in your account to begin with. I hate you.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Paypal is convenient but it is NOT a bank. Your funds are not guaranteed. Popular consensus has in any given transaction PP favors the buyer over the seller, for whatever that's worth.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Listen to this crap. I used to sell some crap on ebay back in the ricer/ignorant days. Had a paypal account and all that jazz. I bought a body kit for my old eclipse and they swore up and down it was shipped.. 700 bucks down the drain... anyway I sold a 10lb NOS bottle and shipped it and the guy swore he never did get it... something was fishy...

and........ after selling all that ricer crap locally I found out that I had a whopping 1500 dollars missing from my account(personal bank account) charged to paypal.. paypal wouldnt pay it claiming that I made all the payments..

Anyway the bank paid if off since I had my identity stolen and had all kinds of crap comming in from pomona california or something like that. I shut down the account and signed a deal with my bank saying I wouldnt use a paypal account with my bank account.
    over 3k worth of money issues in the end. a hacked ebay and paypal account and i got screwed over hard..

dont let friends be ricers.. especially if they buy a lot of parts via ebay/paypal.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Great Link.

I know MANY that are big Ebay sellers and ALL have been screwed by PayPal.

One ? to all that think Pay Pal is ok. Wait until you have an issue and can NEVER speak with anyone it's ALL via email. Even when I found a # after a hour of searching NO one to talk to just leave a message.

From the web
    Is There a PayPal Phone Number?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is There a PayPal Phone Number?

Yes, there is a PayPal phone number you can call for immediate inquiries. For the quickest service, we recommend using our Help Center before you call the PayPal phone number.

Our easy-to-use Help Center can answer your questions quickly. Since PayPal's Customer Service Representatives answer many inquiries each day, the Help Center features a database of questions with answers ready for you. To visit the PayPal Help Center, simply click the Help link located on the upper right corner of any PayPal page. Then, type your question into the search box at the top of the Help Center page, and you're sure to find the answer you're looking for.

If you do not find the answer you need using the Help Center's search box, the PayPal Customer Service team is also ready to answer your questions via email. When you email us with your question, we'll send you a prompt reply.

If you have an issue of immediate concern and cannot find your answer in the Help Center, or via email, you can use the PayPal phone number found in our Help Center to call us, please.

OK so you click on Help Center then it takes you to this screen.

Help by Email
    Our Customer Service team is specially trained to address all account inquiries. Send us an email and we will reply promptly. Contact Customer Service

Help by Phone
    If you have an issue of immediate concern and cannot find your answer in the Help Center, call our Service Center

Now you click on Service Center
    Then you are required to log in.

Hours of service:
    4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
    6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

For general PayPal account inquiries, please call us toll-free at:
    1-888-221-1161.

Now the automated maze of menu's begins. The last time I had tried to reach someone I was on hold for 20+ min. then had to leave a message and got a response via email.

From the book Pay Pal Wars written by former employee's.

Here's a another insightful remark, "After all, the company's average employee was about twenty-five years old. At thirty-two Peter [Thiel] was the second oldest person, and the rest of the business side of the company was around three to six years younger." (Page 24) Sure exuberance of youth is a great motivation, but it's not known to create stable, reliable, ethical businesses.

For example, let's see how they handle a common problem: customer service complaints. "From my desk in the old ping pong room, I noticed a steady stream of irate account holders showing up in the nearby reception area, typically because they had trouble using our online form to request a check for their account balance. ... the next day we removed our address from the Website." (Page 64) Notice the problem and solution. Instead of correcting the online form, or making it easier to use, they choose to just remove their address from the site. This seemingly minor point demonstrates PayPal's solution to a problem: Don't correct the problem at it's source, just make the problem less painful to them. This is exactly the same mind set described by Former Employee#1, when dealing with fraud losses. Don't stop the fraud, don't go after the criminals, just make it less painful for PayPal.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah PayPal sucks ass!!

They tried to screw me a few times when I wanted to cash out my account.

I NO LONGER DEAL WITH THEM AS MANY OTHERS ARE NOW IN THE SAME BOAT.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information