1966 Corvette Coupe

payment advice...

as we know just got a vette... went by the credit union and they can only finance it for 4 years... right now my payment is like $465... they quoted me $510ish... and they will do weekely removal to cut intrest and keep like a huge payment off of me at once...

and that saves me like $3k in intrest...... im thinking that i am gonna bust ass for like the next 3 months and then switch to the credit union and hopefully i can work off enought to get the payment in the same area...

what would yall do? and anyone know how to make some money on the side? any of yall do anyting computer related? or should i just work over time...

-me

my other option is to work my ass of and pay off my monte... which is qute the accomplishment... or i mgiht be able to put the money that i worked to get the vette down and put it toward the monte... get it in my name and refinance it... but then ill have to pay insurance on it... so i would have to lower the payment ALOT... and right now my rents are paying insurance on it sooo thats basically free money...
    Last edited by predator; 03-20-2006 at 12:13 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, stop refinancing-that makes you look bad. i'm no genious at money, but i don't think you're gonna like refinancing to the Credit union-they'll prolly do it for the same amount you're being financed for now. BTW, 500+ a month...wow. now i know why i didn't get one of those! it's still a bad ass car. but man, i was like you and i had a bank finance me instead of a C.U. up front, and it took well over 2 years before the C.U. was willing to refinance me.

Silver
    At least its paid for.

If you want lower payments go to Capital one auto over the internet. I did my 98 Z28 for 72 months with them. I was approved in 10 min. That was for a loan. I know they refinace im pretty sure.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

72 months for any car is crazy. The car depreciates way to much and just think of the interest you would be paying.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i would have used the credit union originally, but i bought it on a sunday... and ummm yeah right now its financed at 10.5% and Cu offered me 6.5% thats an ass load of intrest...

and at that rate... if i can get it down like $18.5k with the money from my ATV and tax refund... that takes my payment down to like $425-$435 for 4 years... i think im just gonna bust ass for a few months...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    i would have used the credit union originally, but i bought it on a sunday... and ummm yeah right now its financed at 10.5% and Cu offered me 6.5% thats an ass load of intrest...

and at that rate... if i can get it down like $18.5k with the money from my ATV and tax refund... that takes my payment down to like $425-$435 for 4 years... i think im just gonna bust ass for a few months...
    Wholly f*ck! 10.5% interest...but you couldn't wait until Monday for the Credit Union??? That's nuts! I would've walked out of that bank laughing at them. Refinance that as soon as you can. There's no sense giving them all of that interest. Good thing you have Mommy and Daddy paying the insurance.
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 03-20-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    my other option is to work my ass of and pay off my monte... which is qute the accomplishment... or i mgiht be able to put the money that i worked to get the vette down and put it toward the monte... get it in my name and refinance it... but then ill have to pay insurance on it... so i would have to lower the payment ALOT... and right now my rents are paying insurance on it sooo thats basically free money...
    Your parents pay your insurance on your first car while you go out and buy a Vette?! My parents would never have done that for me.

1966 Corvette Coupe

it's financed under their name... so they have to insure it... i have offered numerous times to "buy" it from them and have it refinanced in my name... they keep saying no... and it would be nearly as much as my vette if i insured it... its like half that for them to insure it...

and about the payments... at worst ill sacrifice some money for a few months till i get some built up and get it financed through the credit union... im gonna try to sacrifice enough to get it down pretty low...

Thread Information