Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Patriots = CHEATERS

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.
    So much for class. Great show of sportsmanship by this so called "dynasty". I am a fan of a rival team, but goddamn, this should piss off anybody that's a fan of the game. Jeopardizes the integrity of the NFL itself. Absolutely gutless.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    So much for class. Great show of sportsmanship by this so called "dynasty". I am a fan of a rival team, but goddamn, this should piss off anybody that's a fan of the game. Jeopardizes the integrity of the NFL itself. Absolutely gutless.
    +1 yeah I agree pretty gutless. Besides why would you try and cheat when you got Tom Brady.............

this better not affect Brady's play, hes my ff qb!

Go Lions!

I was pissed when I read that on the internet earlier today, why is the only question? I love the Patriots, but I will agree with any consequences that are imposed against them.

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

umm NEWS FLASH!

every team cheats in some form or fashion... just dont get caught.. specially against the jets...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    this better not affect Brady's play, hes my ff qb!

Go Lions!
    Moss in on mine

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

why they would have to steal the defensive signals from the jets is beyond me. the jets D had nothing for the Pats. Brady had all day to throw the ball wherever he wanted with pinpoint accuracy. Moss was blowing through triple coverage. The jets suck and have one of the worst Qbs in the league. Someone givev Pennington a glass of milk for christ sake

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    why they would have to steal the defensive signals from the jets is beyond me. the jets D had nothing for the Pats. Brady had all day to throw the ball wherever he wanted with pinpoint accuracy. Moss was blowing through triple coverage. The jets suck and have one of the worst Qbs in the league. Someone give Pennington a glass of milk for christ sake
    Well, hmmm. If you know what the Defensive set is called for, when and where a blitz is coming from, you can cover that.

Thus, it makes you look better and them look hapless.

NE Cheated. Loss of draft pics will do little. FORFEITURE of the Game! That will ensure they Never Cheat Again.

Cheating Pats!!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

makes me wonder how they won teh last super bowl...

how long have they been doing it? will tehy get other thana win revoked?! maybe even thier precious rings... in either case some one needs to be fired... a few people need to be fired...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    makes me wonder how they won teh last super bowl...

how long have they been doing it? will tehy get other thana win revoked?! maybe even thier precious rings... in either case some one needs to be fired... a few people need to be fired...
    I've been thinking the same thing.

So much for Bellicheck having the integrity that I thought he had.

Red
    2001 ws6

if anyone recalls the patriots got caught doing this 2 times last year......once against the jets and another team...i cant remember off the top of my head right now tho....personally i think the pats should have to forfite the game...if anyone watched the game like i did the pats knew EVERYTHING that was coming at them.....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, it gives the NFL a black eye and is detrimental to the sport. I hate Goodell is in this position because it's just helping to make him look like a tyrant but he has to do something and I would totally agree with the most severe thing he can come up with. My vote would be for the pats to not have any video or audio equipment for the rest of the year. Let them go back to the way it used to be and use hand signals.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i did not know this... that f'ing blows. are they scared that precious tom brady might get hit. pussies

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

Not proven yet.....Until then, INNOCENT!

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, it gives the NFL a black eye and is detrimental to the sport. I hate Goodell is in this position because it's just helping to make him look like a tyrant but he has to do something and I would totally agree with the most severe thing he can come up with. My vote would be for the pats to not have any video or audio equipment for the rest of the year. Let them go back to the way it used to be and use hand signals.
    Vick gave it two shiners. The Patriots haven't been found guilty of anything. Chris Mortensen of ESPN is only saying through "sources" that they are guilty.

I remember Tom Jackson saying that the players "hated" Belichick. Well, so much for "hate". They went on to win SB 39

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    if anyone recalls the patriots got caught doing this 2 times last year......once against the jets and another team...i cant remember off the top of my head right now tho....personally i think the pats should have to forfite the game...if anyone watched the game like i did the pats knew EVERYTHING that was coming at them.....
    Sorry, never proven. Just suspected. When your the Top of the class in the league, it's pretty obvious that EVERYONE will use ANY means to try and disrupt them.

Ahhh, it's great to be a dynasty!

Come sunday night they'll be stealing L.T.'s "greatness" and sending him back west so he can cry that they danced on the Charger mid-field logo afterthe playoff game last year. Pathetic.

IT'S ALL JEALOUSY!
    Last edited by Nastyfoot; 09-12-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoa guy View Post
    umm NEWS FLASH!

every team cheats in some form or fashion... just dont get caught.. specially against the jets...
    yeah why do you think coaches cover their mouths talking on the sidlines? teams were bringing in lip readers and shit

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    yeah why do you think coaches cover their mouths talking on the sidlines? teams were bringing in lip readers and shit

Miss Cleo too. She was using her ESP...N

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Damn! It looks to be true!

Those bastards!

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    Damn! It looks to be true!

Those bastards!

Yep, it is true. I hope they either have to forfeit the game, or lose two draft picks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information