Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintballers

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Paintballers

Im thinking about gettin back into the game and would like to start purchasing some gear while Im here in Iraq. Where can I go online for the lowest prices and what would you suggest as a mid-level marker? I dont want to get the all out weapon but at the same time i dont want an entry level pump action...thanks for the help!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

my brother and i both use smartparts ions. very easy gun to upgrade and i love it. has laser eyes so it wont chop bawls. i dont use gear, just a t shirt and jeans. just a good anti fog mask

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I've heard of this paintball stuff for years now and still cannot understand why you kids want to paint your balls and run around the woods hollerin at each other. I must be missing something......I dunno....

`93 &`72 Camaro Z28

Voluntary painting your balls are still better then some chick giving you blue balls..
    Last edited by DirtWad; 03-05-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Go to PBnation.com and that will give you some direction. My son goes there to look for new fields and gear stuff.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

LOL thanks for that Sarge needed a good laught...haha

Packy thanks for the heads up... will check them out

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1 View Post
    LOL thanks for that Sarge needed a good laught...haha

Packy thanks for the heads up... will check them out
    NP, have fun!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You guys know I travel a lot. Almost without exception flying home to San Antonio I always see a bunch of kids going to Air Force boot camp at the gate. They are all excited/nervous talking mountains of shit....anyway....coming back from Chicago the other day I am sitting there reading my paper and listening to these two fucktards talking about kicking some towel head ass....shooting them with their M16's and shit....now these are two pencil necked geeks going in the fucking Air Force....
    I never engage anybody in conversation when I am traveling......us old road warriors are that way....
    Anyway I had not noticed this rather very large fucking older guy ( my age)....crew cut....red faced....big mother fucker....sitting about 2 chairs next to these two geeks behind me.....I heard him start slow...."you kids going to boot camp?"....yup say the two kids...."are you a vet?"...."I am" sez grizzly fucking Adams...."Marine...37 years"...
    "Wow ...did you see action?"....so the old man goes into Nam, Panama and shit....guy was the real deal........then out of the blue the old Marine tells these two idiots the last thing they want to be in is a firefight......dont believe all that Hollywood bullshit....then he picks his newspaper back up and tells them "going in the Air Force you dont have to worry about any fighting anyway....the biggest fight I ever saw the Air Force get into was over who got the last bottle of hand lotion at the PX"......

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1 View Post
    Im thinking about gettin back into the game and would like to start purchasing some gear while Im here in Iraq. Where can I go online for the lowest prices and what would you suggest as a mid-level marker? I dont want to get the all out weapon but at the same time i dont want an entry level pump action...thanks for the help!
    it all depends if you want to play in the woods or play speedball.

but my first gun i bought for the woods was a tippmann 98 custom.. very reliable and dont chop an insane amount of balls.. and fairly cheap also

when i bought a gun for speedball i bought an autococker and i thought it was decent but i bought a smartparts ion and love it!

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Field play is more my style I have played speed ball moves way to fast for my old ass...I like being in the field laying an ambush or advancing on a position..My first gun was an old PPG I got back on the mid '90's played recently with an Angel IIRC blew my mind they have full auto/semi-auto electric gun...Bow and Airrow "gun" 40MM launchers...crazy shit!

Sarge I know what you mean..Im a supply guy I don't go out kick in doors..but I get around and talk to people all the time and the tone changes when they actually get in the"shit" if you will...this shit can/will change people they are all "hoah" until they get into the shit then they realize the severity of whats going on...

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    "going in the Air Force you dont have to worry about any fighting anyway....the biggest fight I ever saw the Air Force get into was over who got the last bottle of hand lotion at the PX"......

It's funny because it's so true.

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

Dangerous power g3 would be a great gun!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

You guys know I travel a lot. Almost without exception flying home to San Antonio I always see a bunch of kids going to Air Force boot camp at the gate. They are all excited/nervous talking mountains of shit....anyway....coming back from Chicago the other day I am sitting there reading my paper and listening to these two fucktards talking about kicking some towel head ass....shooting them with their M16's and shit....now these are two pencil necked geeks going in the fucking Air Force....
    I never engage anybody in conversation when I am traveling......us old road warriors are that way....
    Anyway I had not noticed this rather very large fucking older guy ( my age)....crew cut....red faced....big mother fucker....sitting about 2 chairs next to these two geeks behind me.....I heard him start slow...."you kids going to boot camp?"....yup say the two kids...."are you a vet?"...."I am" sez grizzly fucking Adams...."Marine...37 years"...
    "Wow ...did you see action?"....so the old man goes into Nam, Panama and shit....guy was the real deal........then out of the blue the old Marine tells these two idiots the last thing they want to be in is a firefight......dont believe all that Hollywood bullshit....then he picks his newspaper back up and tells them "going in the Air Force you dont have to worry about any fighting anyway....the biggest fight I ever saw the Air Force get into was over who got the last bottle of hand lotion at the PX"......

yea, fuck air support, marines never need that

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

TIPPMAN!

I've got an A5 that rivals some of those 1000 dollar guns. I would start w/tippman, hands down the most reliable gun, not the fastest, doesn't have the most consistancy (which is the most important thing in paintball) but if you ever chop a ball in the field, I wouldn't want anything else but a Tippman. Great entry level gun and will allow you to appreciate the nicer stuff when you get it.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Fuck that tippman shit. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad for entry level guns.

I totally have to agree with the Ion. Its cheap as most tippmans, but its electronic, and fully select-fire. (auto, burst, ramp, semi) It almost never chops, and is COMPLETELY upgradable, even on a budget. You can replace every component on that marker, and have one that is equal to or better than any of the top dollar electronic guns, for half the price.

Last time I checked, you could find them brand new for anywhere between 130-200 bucks, and the upgrades are easy to find and by tons of different brands. I wish I still had mine, and if I ever get back into it, I'm totally picking another one of them up.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

I've heard of this paintball stuff for years now and still cannot understand why you kids want to paint your balls and run around the woods hollerin at each other. I must be missing something......I dunno....
    its fun! i love to go paintballing

but i dont know much about guns and stuff... always borrow a guy friends

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

If your looking at mid-level markers then look at the proto line. Ive been using a proto matrix rail for the last couple years. They are made by Dye and use alot of the same parts as the high end Dye line. I know alot of guys who swear by this line if your just a weekender looking for fun. If you get more into it you can easily switch out parts for the higher end Dye stuff. Barrels, boards, grip everything you can think of is upgradeable on these guns.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I played on a scenario paintball during high school and we played a lot of 24-hour games, which are fun as hell. I've used a couple different markers, and the one I used the most was the Tippmann 98 custom, purely because of the reliability.

Some pics:

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Wow I forgot about this thread...lol Well ended up getting a Tippmann A5 MILSIM MP5 heres the stats--- also pick up the Tippmann TPX.... havent been able to play yet as I didnt have time while on leave in May but will hit up some fields when I get out of Iraq

1) Tippmann A5 freshly painted dust black by Airhog
    2) Modded XP5 Shroud
    3) Hammerhead Shark Tooth Rifle Barrel
    4) Completely TechT'd Cyclone w/ clear Wargear Bottom Plate
    5) Aluminum Cocking Handle
    6) JCS Red Aluminum Power Tube and Delrin bolt v3
    7) TechT Zero Kick Rear Bolt
    8) Air Thru Mag-2-Remote w/ upgrade air fittings
    9) Selector Switch e-grip (w/ WAS board)
    10) Ape Board (Installed)
    11) Rhythm Innovations Magnetic Trigger
    12) Metadyne Industries Aluminum Sliding Stock
    13) X7 hopper w/ Virtue Crown
    14) Will include A5 rail
    15) Remote w/ Crye multicam cover by Panda

Pics

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I played on a scenario paintball during high school and we played a lot of 24-hour games, which are fun as hell. I've used a couple different markers, and the one I used the most was the Tippmann 98 custom, purely because of the reliability.

Some pics:

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Yeah for scenario shit i always borrow my buddies tipman 98 to keep for when we go in areas with lots of water plus the bright blue of my gun isnt exactly very camo friendly. Those things can be underwater and still shoot just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information