Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Paint blemishes and dealer

I bought a new nissan 3 weeks ago and havent been happy with the dealer for several reason. I have several blemishes in the paint and it doesnt appear they are going away easy. I had a detailer friend clay one spot, use scratch x and then buff. The spot is still there. I have some spots over the entire car. I dont want to deal with the original dealer. What is my recourse. Mind you these are small spots but I see them ,especially when Im wiping my car down.

Also just to let you know why I dont care for the dealer. We were supposed to get one vehicle priced just over $28k. They took forever to ger it as we waited but got the car from somehere else. The car we got cost less but was financed at the higher price. I took the car back twice for detail but each time it was never finished . I even had trash left in my trunk from other things they did.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If you bought it brand new, uand the dealer should've done a walk-around together and wrote down any blemishes/scratches. Other than that the dealer isn't responsible for anything you missed when it was delivered to you.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

We noticed some on the door and when it didnt come out the salesperson noted it might have to be repainted. Now I see them on the hood,front qtr panel,rear qtr panel. Our salesperson left in the middle of our walk around because it was his day off and thought we were done asking questions. This is the only part of the process that was rushed.

Junior Member 2002WS6TransAmT56's Avatar

Black
    2009 CHallenger RT Six Sp

Nissans dont have the greatest paint, so thats not a surprise, but they should fix the spots to your satisfaction anyway. Try calling Nissan USA and see what they say.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

At this point Im really unhappy with this dealership. Do I have top give them a chance to fix or can I use a different dealer. Can I call nisssan direct first or should I still go through the dealer?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

As far as I know you have to use that specific dealer for pre-delivery cosmetic work...anything you missed you're SOL.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Any kind of cosmetic problems after delivery would have to be handled by the selling dealer if its infact something related to things like lot damage or something on their lot that could have damaged your paint. If its an issue of nissan laying down a shit paint job, which wouldn't surprise me, then talk to another nissan dealer and see if they will go to the motions of handling it if you hate your selling dealer that much. Sounds to me like you really need to just put some pressure on both your salesman and the sales manager together and then talk with the service manager and have them set up an appointment at a good detail place.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Im gonna comsult my body shop for their opinion and then call my salesperson tomorrow. They are kinda far away and this back and forth shit really sucks.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I've always wondered whats better maxima or ultima...

Seriously, you have to get on dealers hard to get anything done. When my dad bought his 08' brand new with 85 miles on it. The dealer had 65 Fusions on the lot, and this particular one sat there way to long or something because the rotors were warped to shit. When you hit the brakes at any speed it felt like being in an ubalanced washing machine on spin cycle. All they had to do was turn the rotors in their shop wich costs them nothing, and they were beligerent. Took us walking to the door to make them do it. Go back there and raise hell in front of potential customers they will do anything to please you.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I've always wondered whats better maxima or ultima...

Seriously, you have to get on dealers hard to get anything done. When my dad bought his 08' brand new with 85 miles on it. The dealer had 65 Fusions on the lot, and this particular one sat there way to long or something because the rotors were warped to shit. When you hit the brakes at any speed it felt like being in an ubalanced washing machine on spin cycle. All they had to do was turn the rotors in their shop wich costs them nothing, and they were beligerent. Took us walking to the door to make them do it. Go back there and raise hell in front of potential customers they will do anything to please you.
    Was this rotor issue before or after he signed the deal? If he bought the car, they must absolutely turn the rotors before it leaves the lot. However, its not exactly free to them to take the time to turn rotors on a car that someone isnt necessarily going home that day in. They have to occupy a lift to cut the rotors and that is a lift that other work can be done on. The brake lathe they use can be used to perform brake jobs that customers are paying for. So its not "free".

Thread Information