Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUCH!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

OUCH!!!

Just drove the bird to work. I can't park in my favorite garage anymore..... Here in midtown manhattan we have parking garages like every 5 feet and they all have their special deals. The one I love is not the closest to my job but they offer in before 10am and out before midnight for the low low price of 16 bucks.

Well I can't go there ever again. I did what I said I'd never do and lowered the bird. With the 1.2inch drop I can't clear the driveway without tearing up my bird. I couldn't see what scraped when I got it to the other garage But I for sure hit the exhaust and something else. I really wanted headers and a y pipe too...... I'd prob not be able to clear anything in NY if I got that stuff... sigh.

I love the way my car rides now. That's what makes this suck so bad. Stupid NY and all it's steep driveways and potholes and raised manhole covers <---- my biggest fear ever.... OK I've vented. you can all go back to your lives now.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that sucks. I've knocked the Y pipe loose so many times

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Well I have SFC's so I'm not so terrified of destroying my floorpan... but they only cover so far... I'm thinking I might want to undercoat the front of the floorpan for rust protection and sound insulation. Although I am working on the performance aspects of the car I would also like a very high sound quality sound system... I was already thinking of fat mat under the carpets and on the doors and body panels so undercoat would serve a dual purpose... scrape protection for the part of the floorpan not covered by the SFC's and a little added interior sound insulation.

What do ya think???

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I never even though about raised manhole covers. Man, that would be vicious!

Red
    2001 ws6

in NY we have it all, luckily im on long island and dont have to worry about all that

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I haven't had any problems driving around the outer boroughs or LI or NJ or PA. Manhattan can be vicious with some steep ramps potholes and road construction.

Now don't crucify me for this but..... last night I saw how filthy my bird was. By last night I mean close to 1am. I know I won't have time to wash it this weekend since i'm going to a concert right from work tonight and heading to philly in the morning. I "might" have had time sunday but if i didn't find the time and wash it i'd prob kill myself. So i sinned.....

I took the bird to a car wash.

A higher power was looking out for my finish last night. the attendant went to line the car up with the track and CLUNK... caught my low hanging SFC's.... my car is too low to fit in a car wash. they had already begun to spray on the suds with their hoses so they felt bad. they stopped the line and finished rinsing it up and dried it by hand. It wasn't a perfect wash but the car looks clean with only a few missed spots, they did have people waiting lol. so the car still remains car wash free and will obviously never see a carwash again. Needless to say i tipped them well for their effort.

Yet with all this inconvenience the car is a dang BLAST to drive!

Edit: this reminds me.... Does anyone know where I can get a good cheap low profile floor jack or two? I doubt i'll be able to use my ramps ever again and my three jacks don't fit under the car anymore. I checked out summit but theirs is rather pricey!
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 09-18-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    Magnaflow cat back, adj KYB's, 3 point SFC's, STB, LCA reloc, adj LCA's, SLP lid, Fernco bellows, Strano Springs, Drag Bags, Tick adj Master cylinder, Monster stage3 clutch, speed bleeder, Billet flywheel, MGW shifter, !CAGS

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I can't even imagine having and driving a car like yours in Manhattan.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

right now my car is parked in between a GTR and a ferrari F430.... i drive by a ferrari dealership on my way to work... when i'm not on the train. this is nothing around here

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

I would keep my car dirty for months before I even had a brief thought of taking it to an auto wash.

BTW, what did you lower it with?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Strano springs.... no hose mod. they went in so easy with the rear in the air i fear the springs just need some good air time to fall out... lol. anyone ever secure them to the car with anything???

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Strano springs.... no hose mod. they went in so easy with the rear in the air i fear the springs just need some good air time to fall out... lol. anyone ever secure them to the car with anything???
    They'll stay in there. I've had mine on for a while and have since had the rear completely extended and the springs dont budge.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Yeah a lot of people have never had problems... I bet the duke boys would though granted the potholes of NY aren't THAT bad but you never know. You just never know.

On an unrelated note my car has a thrust angle of like .1 degrees. It's within tolerance but for real... I can haz Watts link plz?

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

$650 little man.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

NP.... just let me get the rest of my list out of the way first.

LCA's 9" rear, Kmember Upper and lower Front control arms. sway bars maybe. Torque arm mount and torque arm, driveshaft THEN prob the watts link.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

NP.... just let me get the rest of my list out of the way first.

LCA's 9" rear, Kmember Upper and lower Front control arms. sway bars maybe. Torque arm mount and torque arm, driveshaft THEN prob the watts link.
    Pics when everything gets destroyed by NYC streets

Seriously I dunno how you do it. I cant even dream of ever bringing my T/A to Philadelphia. Aside from it potentially getting messed with/stolen, the roads are so bad they suck to ride a bike on half the time.

Raised/lowered manholes as much as 2". Not mention they just dug up my street for whatever reason. Woke up to jackhammers at 7am (that was nice)

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

sigh.... all the low hanging stuff yeah. but the rest is beefier than stock so should theoretically do better than the stamped parts. I'll post the pics of my smashed kidneys from riding around these roads with such a stiff setup. lol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You guys should try down town Pittsburg! Pothole capital of the world! Raised man holes, man holes so deep you'd think the lid was gone, pot holes that tear tire from rim, steep streets, uneven roads, poorly patched potholes with giant chunks of black top floating around then, brick roads with missing sections, no signs posted for freash patches,(love getting tar and chunks of rock stuck to the suspention), tar and fucking chip roads everywhere. Needles to say the Camaro has never seen down town...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You guys should try down town Pittsburg! Pothole capital of the world! Raised man holes, man holes so deep you'd think the lid was gone, pot holes that tear tire from rim, steep streets, uneven roads, poorly patched potholes with giant chunks of black top floating around then, brick roads with missing sections, no signs posted for freash patches,(love getting tar and chunks of rock stuck to the suspention), tar and fucking chip roads everywhere. Needles to say the Camaro has never seen down town...

They do love to tar and chip roads in Pennsylvania. Every time I am on a freshly chipped road, I usually get blasted by a fucktard in a truck traveling in the opposite direction at high speed.

White
    '10 ZR1

right now my car is parked in between a GTR and a ferrari F430....

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    They do love to tar and chip roads in Pennsylvania. Every time I am on a freshly chipped road, I usually get blasted by a fucktard in a truck traveling in the opposite direction at high speed.
    Everytime I come up to a freashly tar and chipped road I turn around and go back the way I came. Then go a different route. I absolutely will not drive the Camaro on fresh tar and chip.. Pisses me off we pay taxes for freash black top, and instead get piss poor patches, and tar and chip. Why cuz it's cheap, and the rest lines Penn Dot pockets!
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-18-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information