Angry O'Reilly Auto Parts should just die. (job rant)

So today (1/24) was my 20th birthday and I was hoping to get off from work early go see my family and then maybe go hang out with my friends. Well, 5:30PM rolls around and the manger tells me their is going to be an audit on the 25th and wants us to stay late. The audit was supposed to have happen on Monday but it seems he got false information. So I was hoping to get off right when the store closed which is 7:30 PM which of course turns into 9:30 and then 10:30+. Well as were finishing up their is something I need to ask the manger (couldn't find a certain document). One of the other guys calls him and then I speak to him. The fucker was sound asleep (I"m glad I woke him up), after that moment I was so mad I couldn't see straight. Here is a man who wants me (Night Manger) and another guy to stay 3 hours+ after we close and work on things for the audit yet he won't bother to stay late with us. It is not our ass on the line it is his after all. After putting the phone down I tell the other guy to stop what he is doing I'm shutting the store down and were leaving. As the store computer is backing up the files I notice the next 2 week schedule is already done. Now I have told the manger I need a least two nights off a week (which isn't hard to do since I'm part time) yet I have been working weeks were I only get one day off a week. This shit cannot and will not be allowed to continue. I'm taking 19hours this semester and couple of them are difficult classes so I need study time. But not to my surprise I still have 1 day off for the week after next. To give you an example of how nice and intelligent this guy is, he gave me and the other part timer (goes to the same university as me) one day off for the week of finals during the fall semester. He pulls this crap after we let him know weeks in advance about finals and ask for 2 days off. I'm so sick of this job I'm about ready to throw my keys at the manger and quit. I hate this guy with every once of my being. He is NOTHING compared to the old boss at all. So I get home around 11PM, my family has already left my house and it is to late to call my friends. Some of my cake has already been eaten and my parents are almost asleep. It is now after 1:30 PM and I have to be up for school at 6PM yet I still have homework to complete. And to top this happy, magical, and majestic fucking night off, I'm eating a cheeseburger (instead of going out to eat) in my room and just dropped the fucking thing on the carpet. The top bun landed catsup side down and so the meat, so now I have a mess to clean up and a hairy burger to eat. So yeah I'm about ready to just run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
    So today (1/24) was my 20th birthday and I was hoping to get off from work early go see my family and then maybe go hang out with my friends. Well, 5:30PM rolls around and the manger tells me their is going to be an audit on the 25th and wants us to stay late. The audit was supposed to have happen on Monday but it seems he got false information. So I was hoping to get off right when the store closed which is 7:30 PM which of course turns into 9:30 and then 10:30+. Well as were finishing up their is something I need to ask the manger (couldn't find a certain document). One of the other guys calls him and then I speak to him. The fucker was sound asleep (I"m glad I woke him up), after that moment I was so mad I couldn't see straight. Here is a man who wants me (Night Manger) and another guy to stay 3 hours+ after we close and work on things for the audit yet he won't bother to stay late with us. It is not our ass on the line it is his after all. After putting the phone down I tell the other guy to stop what he is doing I'm shutting the store down and were leaving. As the store computer is backing up the files I notice the next 2 week schedule is already done. Now I have told the manger I need a least two nights off a week (which isn't hard to do since I'm part time) yet I have been working weeks were I only get one day off a week. This shit cannot and will not be allowed to continue. I'm taking 19hours this semester and couple of them are difficult classes so I need study time. But not to my surprise I still have 1 day off for the week after next. To give you an example of how nice and intelligent this guy is, he gave me and the other part timer (goes to the same university as me) one day off for the week of finals during the fall semester. He pulls this crap after we let him know weeks in advance about finals and ask for 2 days off. I'm so sick of this job I'm about ready to throw my keys at the manger and quit. I hate this guy with every once of my being. He is NOTHING compared to the old boss at all. So I get home around 11PM, my family has already left my house and it is to late to call my friends. Some of my cake has already been eaten and my parents are almost asleep. It is now after 1:30 PM and I have to be up for school at 6PM yet I still have homework to complete. And to top this happy, magical, and majestic fucking night off, I'm eating a cheeseburger (instead of going out to eat) in my room and just dropped the fucking thing on the carpet. The top bun landed catsup side down and so the meat, so now I have a mess to clean up and a hairy burger to eat. So yeah I'm about ready to just run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

Do this. Call the regional manager and tell him your story about part/school/request made. Have the other guy with you and ask if you could have him come up with 2 new schedules for you. This will make the manager look liks shit when he has to have someone come in and change your schedule.

If he does not then fuck him and leave...aslo fuck everyones schedule up before you do.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

wow man thats all. at you age i was taking 13-15 credit hours working two jobs to pay for it. and lucky if i got home by 1am. to start it all over by 8:30 am downtown. working 7 days a week usually. hey i feel bad for you but if you can't handle it don't do it. not everyone can do it. on my 21st i got voluntered to do a party at school for a the staff. yeah we got out at 10pm then went out but i had my final the next morning at 7:30 am. shit happens man. yeah life isn't fair. it usually doesn't get much better either. i'm not picking on you but if you can afford not to work then don't. i wish i could have had some help to pay for school. hey good luck to you hope it gets better. thanks jeremy

1. it is a tuesday....nothing going on

2. a birthday is just 1 day....relax

3. go out this weekend

4. manny, moe, and jack are always hiring.....or autozone

5. in college you need a job where you can clean up a few nights a week on cash and get the fuck out

6. i assume you are not taking 19 hours of school to workin or manage an oreillys....so find a new fucking job....fuck throw pizzas...if school is important then find a job you could care less about

you know your ass was gonna quit for spring break anyway...so move on now

7. the burger was gonna give you the shits anyway...ur better off

8. just relax dude and eat cake and then study and do well in school tomorrow...always a pick me up

tear it up this weekend with some irish whiskey and your last oreillys pay check
    Last edited by INandOUTBurger; 01-24-2006 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks for the replies guys. Due to my busy week I won't be able to put in apps in person but I will sending in apps in online every where I can. Next week I will be able to drive around town and fill out the apps in person. I have over a year in at O'Reillys and was promoted to night manger little over a month ago so I will have something to work with. My pay scale isn't to bad for Louisiana but I know I can pull in more if I look around. My decision to leave is based mainly on the fact the manger doesn't do anything to cover his ass. He will do a little bit of work and then expect every one else to pick up the slack. A lot of times he will leave early so he never makes the hours he puts on the schedule. We have lost several commercial accounts because the owners refuse to deal with him and if it wasn't for our assistant manger we would have lost all major accounts (two are left). The quit/fire and hire rate is through the roof yet the DM won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
    wow man thats all. at you age i was taking 13-15 credit hours working two jobs to pay for it. and lucky if i got home by 1am. to start it all over by 8:30 am downtown. working 7 days a week usually. hey i feel bad for you but if you can't handle it don't do it. not everyone can do it. on my 21st i got voluntered to do a party at school for a the staff. yeah we got out at 10pm then went out but i had my final the next morning at 7:30 am. shit happens man. yeah life isn't fair. it usually doesn't get much better either. i'm not picking on you but if you can afford not to work then don't. i wish i could have had some help to pay for school. hey good luck to you hope it gets better. thanks jeremy
    It's basically because of the classes I have. I have taken 18 credits before and was still able to do my job. I just loaded up on to many scienceand math electives so now I got homework/studying out the ying yang. I'm getting run down and I'm just tired of my life just being work and school. Guess i"m not cut out for the work load.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

it not easy man, good luck to you.

Thread Information