Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Ole school pet owners

I was talking with my 10 year old daughter and she says I am mean to cats. One time a cat scatched her pretty good so I kicked it a few times. She was giving me a hard time about it so I told her I was an ole school pet owner. i told her that when I was a kid there were no animal vets around and we couldnt afford one anyway so if your pet got sick u just shot it and got a new one lol. You should have seen the look of shock on her face

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow, by today's standards your kid needs a foster home and you need therapy.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wow, by today's standards your kid needs a foster home and you need therapy.
    back when I was a kid , humans had more rights than animals

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    back when I was a kid , humans had more rights than animals
    they still do, some people just take things way too far

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Dude. i would never admit that... some moron gets on here that's an activist you'll lose everything.

My sister got an OLD cat from the vets, it had a hard life. kept it for about 4 years it gets all kinds of stuff wrong with it.. she spent enough in vet bill she could have bought her son a descent used car! the it's dieing.. renal failure just a matter of time. She calls the vet for 1800 the vet comes to her house and gives it a shot. ( for those that think this is humane it Sucks! you just lay there while you die painfully .. animal's muscles jerk it suffocates etc.) I told her shoot the cat in the head.. instantly dead... my nephew (19) would have done it for a C-note happily

So no dude your not old school your part of a dieing breed. I grew up on a farm, where cats were shot when we got too many of them. We raised a cow... pet it every day, got up at 5 am to make sure we fed it. then a year later we took a rifle and shot it in the head cut it up cooked it and then ate it for the following year...... some people say this is cruel... if you were a cow, would you rather live in a stock yard in a pool of your own excriment or on a nice hill side with your family and other cows.. beautiful days. green grass.. then one day ZAP it's over.

sorry for the rant but i have strong feelings about this.....

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Dude. i would never admit that

you just did

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Way back when I married this girl that had an old basset hound. The dog was pretty old and it got sick with heartworms. We took it to the vet but the cost to attempt to cure it was way outta our budget. Well, we brought the dog home and over the next week he got a lot worse and her family and her decided to have the dog put down. Cost $120 which they gave her. Being the sensitive husband I was I volunteered to take the dog back to the vet so she would be spared the agony. By now Im sure you know where this is going. Yep. Bipped that fucker in the head with a mallet, tossed him in the river and had $120 tittybar money.
    Although I never got caught on this she got even anyway. Divorced me a couple a years later and took a car, buncha furniture and money. Bitch.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

The entire world has gone insane... My grandparents used to put the newborn kittens in a burlap sack and throw them in the river. I'm not saying it was "right" but way back when there were no vets or surgical birth control options and nobody needed hundreds of hungry cats hanging around.

It was often better to put a dog down rather than let is suffer.

Today there are good vets and if you can afford to feed an animal you should be able to take responsibility and take it to the pet doctor to get it checked out.

Animals to me are a food group. I have no problem eating whatever I want. Animals have no rights... They are "property", but that does not make it right for us to abuse their lives.

If someone decides to kill their sick animal quickly to avoid suffering and avoid three hundred bucks to the vet, that is their business and should not be a problem for anyone.

I have had to think about this a bot as my bird is epilectic. I have to feed him dope in the morning and at night to prevent seizures. Now he is a $19 dollar bird, and the medication costs ten bucks, but two drops per day will allow the bottle to last probably six months. I like the little guy and have had him four years. When he has a seizure he literally screams in agony and falls off his perch and shakes uncontrollably.

If I did not have medication for him I would probably put him in his favorite tree, along with his favorite toys, plenty of seed, and pull out the 12 gauge and put him out of his misery as he would never know what hit him. What could possibly be more humane than that? I certainly would not pay a vet a couple of hundred bucks to put him down.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

A 12 guage for a bird? FFS you want to kill it not disentigrate it. A pellet gun would be overkill.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Dude. i would never admit that

you just did

No. if you look at what was worded, I never said that I did anything just that it was done on the farm i grew up on.. .. I will admit to butchering cattle for eating. THAT there is no way they could prosecute me on.

holy crap... I've never heard of a bird having seizures before.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

we dropped $600 on my jack russell when he was hit on the road while chasing a bicycle (he dont do that any more)

he cracked some ribs and messed up a nerve in his leg, he was hit so hard he was crosseyed, he stayed at the vet for 2 days.....poor guy.

We had a electric underground fence, it still didnt stop him when he saw a bicycle

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post

ever seen my bosses daughter?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    The entire world has gone insane... My grandparents used to put the newborn kittens in a burlap sack and throw them in the river. I'm not saying it was "right" but way back when there were no vets or surgical birth control options and nobody needed hundreds of hungry cats hanging around.

It was often better to put a dog down rather than let is suffer.

Today there are good vets and if you can afford to feed an animal you should be able to take responsibility and take it to the pet doctor to get it checked out.

Animals to me are a food group. I have no problem eating whatever I want. Animals have no rights... They are "property", but that does not make it right for us to abuse their lives.

If someone decides to kill their sick animal quickly to avoid suffering and avoid three hundred bucks to the vet, that is their business and should not be a problem for anyone.

I have had to think about this a bot as my bird is epilectic. I have to feed him dope in the morning and at night to prevent seizures. Now he is a $19 dollar bird, and the medication costs ten bucks, but two drops per day will allow the bottle to last probably six months. I like the little guy and have had him four years. When he has a seizure he literally screams in agony and falls off his perch and shakes uncontrollably.

If I did not have medication for him I would probably put him in his favorite tree, along with his favorite toys, plenty of seed, and pull out the 12 gauge and put him out of his misery as he would never know what hit him. What could possibly be more humane than that? I certainly would not pay a vet a couple of hundred bucks to put him down.

animals should have rights, just because you "own" them does not mean they have no rights, they can feel too bro.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

My wife spent almost $2500 on surgery for our dog only to find out she (the dog) couldnt be helped. We now have to give the dog medicine twice a day along with a special diet. While I am fond of the dog at the time I said put her to sleep. Nope didnt happen.Oh well she makes all the money antyhow.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

I was talking with my 10 year old daughter and she says I am mean to cats. One time a cat scatched her pretty good so I kicked it a few times. She was giving me a hard time about it so I told her I was an ole school pet owner. i told her that when I was a kid there were no animal vets around and we couldnt afford one anyway so if your pet got sick u just shot it and got a new one lol. You should have seen the look of shock on her face
    Who let Michael Vick on the computer again?

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    A 12 guage for a bird? FFS you want to kill it not disentigrate it. A pellet gun would be overkill.
    I would not wish to run the risk of any suffering at all, plus a 12 gauge would do such a fantastic job there would be nothing left to clean up.

I must admit... I really like the little guy and I hope he continues to improve. I have taken him on planes, on a trip to Canada, and he goes daily with me in the car. I am quite attached to him. However when he seizes he is helpless and in great pain. Usually seizures are fatal in small birds and all I can do is loosely hold him until it stops. Birds have great fear when in pain as their "flock" traditionally will leave them behind for safety reasons in the wild.

Anyway, the 12 gauge would be so quick he would never know he was even gone...

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    animals should have rights, just because you "own" them does not mean they have no rights, they can feel too bro.
    Property has no "rights" and animals are property. However I do not intend to say that animals should not be treated humanely. I treat my bird very well and in return he offers unquestioned loyalty and amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Yea... He is an English Budgie (basically a parakeet but larger with a more pronounced head). Seizures are not uncommon but I have had birds for 25 years and this is the first one I have personally owned that suffers from them. I have to admit, it rips my heart out when it happens.
    Last edited by tnthub; 12-12-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Blue
    1998 Ford MUSTANG!

nice thing to tell your 10 year old daughter...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

[QUOTE=tnthub;1185452]
    Property has no "rights" and animals are property. However I do not intend to say that animals should not be treated humanely. I treat my bird very well and in return he offers unquestioned loyalty and amusement.
    QUOTE]

guess we will have to agree to disagree

i understand how you feel on the humane treatment, but i just have to say they should have rights, i mean shit, when you think about it they were here before us, then we took over and just said thats mine, thats mine,...

i dont think they should get more rights than humans, i just think since they cant speak for themselves and they deserve some protection from assholes that are just plain cruel
    time to get off my

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

[QUOTE=blue02Z;1185495]
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    QUOTE]

guess we will have to agree to disagree

i understand how you feel on the humane treatment, but i just have to say they should have rights, i mean shit, when you think about it they were here before us, then we took over and just said thats mine, thats mine,...

i dont think they should get more rights than humans, i just think since they cant speak for themselves and they deserve some protection from assholes that are just plain cruel
    time to get off my
    Thats fine. They were here first. I understand keeping the environment clean, giving animals space, and accepting their habits. However "rights" is a strong word and until fido and cuddles can pay taxes or vote they have no "rights" in my opinion, except to be treated as decently as possible which to me is a "right" of many living things, certain bugs (like mosquitos), excepted...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

[QUOTE=tnthub;1185586]
    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post

Thats fine. They were here first. I understand keeping the environment clean, giving animals space, and accepting their habits. However "rights" is a strong word and until fido and cuddles can pay taxes or vote they have no "rights" in my opinion, except to be treated as decently as possible which to me is a "right" of many living things, certain bugs (like mosquitos), excepted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information