Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the old man loves the snow......

This is my buddy Cole. I have 101 nicknames for him...these days he's just "old man". He'll be 14 this year. I've had him since he was just weened. Someone found him in an alley trapped inside an aquarium and asked if I wanted him so I said sure. Been one helluva dog all these years. He's been through a lot with me. He's a black chow mix and the smartest dog I've ever had. This guy loves snow. I guess if I wore that heavy coat around all the time I'd like the snow too.
    Some of you guys may remember a year ago next month he was attacked by 2 pits in our back yard. Thought we were gonna lose him but ~$1200 later he's still kicking a year later.....minus an ear. I would've paid twice that to keep him around a little while longer. I know he's gonna die some day but I didn't want him to go out like that. He's been to good of a dog for that. Snapped a pic of him today out in the 12-15" of snow we have. Here's a before too of him a week or so after the attack.

Black
    01 Silverado

reminds me of my fawn doberman, she catches snowballs all day if you can through them long enough

98 Formula
    06 duramax

cole just goes out and lays down in it. He'll lay out there for hours if you let him. He's always been like that. Sleeps on the a/c registers during the summer.

pewter
    ws6

aww man i love dogs......i have 2 dogs id do anything for them

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Awww yea i remember when you posted that...glad to see he's doing better.

Black
    01 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    cole just goes out and lays down in it. He'll lay out there for hours if you let him. He's always been like that. Sleeps on the a/c registers during the summer.

my min pin does that, just lays his nose and front paws up there on the registers like he owns the place

glad to see the old fellow is doin better, you can tell hes got a happy home

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I got another black chow mix too.....he's just over a year old. Gonna be another good one once he gets a little older. The young one is great with the kids and is a helluva wrestler for me. Cole's just to damn old to wrestle with but the young one (Deuce) is the perfect age and personality for it. He absolutely hates losing.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Deuce

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Our lab/retriever(mix) died last year. He was going on 16 years old.He could fetch doves, ducks, geese and even get beer from the fridge(rope on door, rings on cans) He was diagnosed with terminal heart failure at the same time my gpa was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, my grandpa died a month later and he lived about 2 1/2 years longer.. Kinda wierd not having him around. Hes always been there since I was 3.

white
    99 Trans am

glad to see your dog made a good recovery from the attack.

I had a Samoyed that loved the snow too. She would stay out in the snow all day even when it was below zero. you'd bring her in and she would pace around wanting to go back out in the snow. I used to wear a parka and pak boots just to take her for walks in the winter. My other 2 dogs (shitzu and pekinese) would start walking on 2 legs because their paws were freezing in that weather...

Black
    99 SS

man I remember that, I would do anything for my 2 dogs that I have man, im glad he made a full recovery

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

All I can say is thank god that snow barely missed me orion, as a midwest person you know the worst snow storms can and usually do come in march when the weather is warming and more moisture in the air. I figured we were safe though a week and half ago though, and have since started burning all the rubber off my winter tires one stop light at a time. If we get any more snow now I am fucked.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

do you want my gf's beagle? TAKE HIM!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I remember when that happened last year too, glad to see he survived it and is enjoying life again.

Did you ever find the 2 pits that did that shit to him?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I remember when that happened last year too, glad to see he survived it and is enjoying life again.

Did you ever find the 2 pits that did that shit to him?
    no, I shot one with the shotgun but it got away. I knocked him off his feet so I don't know if he survived or not, if he did he had a rough couple of weeks just like my dog did.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

no, I shot one with the shotgun but it got away. I knocked him off his feet so I don't know if he survived or not, if he did he had a rough couple of weeks just like my dog did.
    i got a story about the oppisite of what happened to your dog, glad to see he made it btw must be the name,any way i was at a family freinds house and a pit came into their yard, well they have a cattle farm and have two austrailan heelers molly and sid, any one that knows about heelers knows how protective AND smart they are, the pit didn't have a chance, took less than a minute for them to run the pit off and it hasn't been seen again

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    i got a story about the oppisite of what happened to your dog, glad to see he made it btw must be the name,any way i was at a family freinds house and a pit came into their yard, well they have a cattle farm and have two austrailan heelers molly and sid, any one that knows about heelers knows how protective AND smart they are, the pit didn't have a chance, took less than a minute for them to run the pit off and it hasn't been seen again
    In his prime Cole would've held them off much better but at 13 with bad hips and 2 against 1 he really didn't have a chance. Having all that chow hair is the only thing that kept him alive. At the time my young dog was only a month old or there abouts so there wasn't anything he could do. If dogs come in the yard now the young dog will be the first out there, he's very protective.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

In his prime Cole would've held them off much better but at 13 with bad hips and 2 against 1 he really didn't have a chance. Having all that chow hair is the only thing that kept him alive. At the time my young dog was only a month old or there abouts so there wasn't anything he could do. If dogs come in the yard now the young dog will be the first out there, he's very protective.
    Hopefully one of those pits are already dead

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

whats up in the first pic, what are those things sticking out of him? bones?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

pieces of rubber tubing. They had to feed that underneath his skin to help drain off the infections. Nasty shit. I had to clean them every night and he would get extremely pissed off about me doing it. He never tried to bite me, he would just lay there and growl while I cleaned them out. He had another one under his arm pit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information