Silver
    2001 Cobra vert 530rwhp

Question Ok, Y'all steered me in the right direction before...

At the suggestion of a thread prior to the LS1.com-blackout, I made a thread and y'all suggested the Nitto 555 DR's, which I have been extremely happy with. However, it's time for front tires and I'm not sure which tire to get. I have it narrowed down to two choices: I probably wouldn't have given the neo gen a serious consideration, but my car is lowered and wears the inner wall out on tires. Which one do y'all think is the better choice? (Oh, and I got an estimate on how much it's going to cost to get my car fixed--head valves reseated and s/c fixed... )

NT 555:
    By utilizing a racing concept design, Nitto Tire's engineers developed the NT555 "Extreme ZR". With a specially formulated compound and one of the biggest contact patches available, the NT555 provides superior traction and reliable handling. The three-circumferential grooves channel water efficiently, while the lateral grooves break up the water wedge. This combination of grooves and channels reduces the chance of hydroplaning. Combined with an increase in tread block rigidity, a high modulus carcass, and hard bead filler, the NT555 delivers total vehicle control.

NEO GEN:
    "The Nitto Neo Gen's unique asymmetrical tread pattern is an art in motion, designed to perform. The innovative three-dimensional, multi-wave sipes are optimized to reduce irregular wear, as compared to conventional sipes. The slanted, three-dimensional tread blocks provide the necessary rigidity for improved cornering while the combination of circumferential and slanted grooves evacuate water from the contact patch. Additionally, the Neo Gen’s inner shoulder tread blocks are designed to reduce the amount of irregular wear commonly associated with lowered vehicles. This perfectly balanced combination of technology and art suits the most demanding automotive enthusiast. With Neo Gen, you'll experience first hand the Art of Tire."

Sorry for the length.

I would get the NT 555's! They have a matching tread pattern to the 555R's and perform better than the Neo gen's.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    I would get the NT 555's! They have a matching tread pattern to the 555R's and perform better than the Neo gen's.
    that butt knows what its talkin bout.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    Bingo that is what I run and for road race, Auto-X, and on the strip the combo is very hard to beat.

They last forever and perform decently on the street with the exception of extreme rain storms. You just gotta take it ez in the wet.

Thread Information