white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Official OLD Korn lovers thread

I'm posting this after listening to the most recent track Korn has made due for release in July. Needless to say I think its pure shit and a really lame attempt at trying to sound like a modern day pink floyd. They've completely abandoned their old grainy tuned down crunchy sound that made them famous and pioneered a lot of sounds you hear in modern day metal. I hear a lot of people try and say well bands evolve. Yes they do but theres a difference between evolving and jus completely changing who you are. Van Halen has evolved but I guarantee you that you can listen to tracks off any cd they've made and your hearing some fucking Van Halen in that shit. In light of me being disgusted with one of my top 3 favorite bands I made this thread to share some of my favorites OLD songs that are badass and I hope to have some fans contribute to this thread. If you dont like them give me a break, I'm really bored tonight and it took me like 20 minutes to make this stupid thread lol Rant over. rock on

1. Korn- Need to
    2. Korn- Divine
    3. Korn- sean olson
    4. Korn- Daddy
    5. korn- clown
    6. korn- lies
    7. korn- reclaim my place

ya im a big korn fan, i do like the new song evolution only because it sounds a little "darker" than twisted transistor for a radio song and i like the bass in it but korn is clearly just pushin out albums for the sake of signing a new contract since this new one will fulfill obligations for its 2 contract deal, its only been like a year since that last album came out i mean they need to take a 5 year break and then come out with an album that is so heavy and crunchy that it will kill you, i mean now their drummer is even gone they clearly need to stop for a while

White
    1998 Trans Am

yeah, the new korn does suck. never was crazy about 'em, but the old stuff atleast was real good to get fired up for a game (back in HS when i was still on a team of some sort) or to lift weights to (back when i wasn't lazy and still did stuff other than sit on my ass all day)

White
    1998 Trans Am

i resent that. i also have nothing else to add to this thread, other than 400 posts bitches! 100 more and i officially become a man and i dont care if i've still never seen a woman naked or not!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NE98LS1 View Post
    i resent that. i also have nothing else to add to this thread, other than 400 posts bitches! 100 more and i officially become a man and i dont care if i've still never seen a woman naked or not!!!!!
    its 1000 before you even hit boyhood, newb

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

I have not heard the new Album. I always have liked Falling away from me, Bilnd and songs like that.

Silver
    2002 WS6

I didn't like the last one either. and I didn't buy it.

coming from a guy who heard of Korn before 90% of the people out there, I bought the 1st album in october of '94. and fell in love. I bought every album up to "Take a look in the mirror" and wore them all out.

but the newer stuff is just missing something, hard to think that Head had that big of a role, but maybe he did.......

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I'm in the same boat as chaos. Bought the first album back in 94' as well and it was awesome. Was a huge fan for years after but haven't bought any of the newer Korn stuff. I have seen them live about 4 times and they always kick ass.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Did you see korn on that show PAYBACK ....WTF they really wanted to rice out that Caddy ....Glad the shows budget didnt allow it ... But I guess it was pretty cool that they thought of that for that Dude ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I didn't like the last one either. and I didn't buy it.

coming from a guy who heard of Korn before 90% of the people out there, I bought the 1st album in october of '94. and fell in love. I bought every album up to "Take a look in the mirror" and wore them all out.

but the newer stuff is just missing something, hard to think that Head had that big of a role, but maybe he did.......
    He was the more talented of the 2 guitarists. he absolutely had a huge role. That was part of korns signature sound. 2 crunchy tuned down guitars.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    I'm in the same boat as chaos. Bought the first album back in 94' as well and it was awesome. Was a huge fan for years after but haven't bought any of the newer Korn stuff. I have seen them live about 4 times and they always kick ass.
    I've seen a lot of different bands live and Korn always put on the best show. They are one of few bands that sound as good or better live then they do on cd.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    ya im a big korn fan, i do like the new song evolution only because it sounds a little "darker" than twisted transistor for a radio song and i like the bass in it but korn is clearly just pushin out albums for the sake of signing a new contract since this new one will fulfill obligations for its 2 contract deal, its only been like a year since that last album came out i mean they need to take a 5 year break and then come out with an album that is so heavy and crunchy that it will kill you, i mean now their drummer is even gone they clearly need to stop for a while
    David Silveria is on hiatus, but I think he'll end up in some other band it'll be permanent. He likes to play the heavy stuff.

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

ive been listening to Korn since 94' they have changed alot since then!! they arent as hard as they used to be thats for sure. now the only time i can listen to them is when im in a chill mood. they still rock in there own way.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

Bald Tongue!!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    Bald Tongue!!
    ball tongue lol

Ive been a fan since I was in hs and 29 now... I still listen to the new and old. I admit the new isnt like it used to be. A good example is I like new metallica where the so called hardcore fans hated it. I like to hear their new music, because the old stuff as good as it is, gets old after a while. Now listen to the new for a while, then back to the old, and you appreciate it more.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

helll ya!!!

old Korn rocks.

good ol artist Korn, album Korn

murdered out 06 z06

korn 4 life
    jonathon davis is the man
    i have his autograph tattooed on me
    along with 4 other korn tattoos

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by issues02zo6 View Post
    korn 4 life
    jonathon davis is the man
    i have his autograph tattooed on me
    along with 4 other korn tattoos
    I was hoping that you would join in bro.

Thread Information