Page 1 of 62 1234521314151 ... LastLast

Cool Official MMA Thread

And since UFC 85 was last night, I guess well start with that..

I hated this card, but it ended up being pretty entertaining.

Vera vs. Werdum...
    I thought this was an awesome fight until it was ended prematurely. Though there wasnt much Vera could do, he did do what he could and that was defend himself intelligently. With less than 20 sec to go in the first round, that ref shouldve been less cautious.

Lambert vs. ummmmm...
    Poor Lambert. Hes surprised me in his last fights for being relentless. He still was, but christ, it was embarrassing. Grabbing poor Herb was fantastic though.

Swick vs. Davis...
    Pretty decent fight. Good transtitions, but I was only mildly entertaining even though so much happened. Complete domination for Swick. So much for an 11 consecutive winning streak, Davis..

Marqu(sp?) vs. Lietes...
    Ok, so the knee on the ground was bad. And, uhh, I thought that elbow was bad enough to take a point away, but Marq. did win that fight. If I was Lietes, I certainly wouldnt be feeling good about that win. Never seen it actually effect a judgement, but it was pretty apparent here.

Bisping vs. Day..
    Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here and say, no shit. Who is Jason day? When is Mike going to fight someone decent? I like him. I think hes good, but he doesnt look pushed enough and thus, is boring to me.

Hughes vs. Alves..
    LOVED IT. Seriously. Fuck Hughes. I couldnt believe how easy he was beaten. I actually thought hed win this one. In any case, I agree with him that he needs to fight Serra. Thats all I want to see from Hughes from here on out.

Upcoming events include the next UFC 86 (which I can kinda care less about) and the TUF Finale. THIS one looks good! And its free!

It would be pretty funny if forest griffin beat Rampage on the free one coming up July 5th. I think it will be a good fight for a few minutes then rampage will connect a bomb and layout forest, i like griffin though, he doesnt give up or slow down for nothin.

Hey anyone know when Brock Lesnar is going to fight again?

silver
    2002 ws6

lesner is fighting soon. he's fighting heath herring.

one of the best fights of the night was matt wiman vs thiago tvares. it was a very impressive victory for wiman. especially how he almost submitted the born and bred brazillian fighter countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    It would be pretty funny if forest griffin beat Rampage on the free one coming up July 5th. I think it will be a good fight for a few minutes then rampage will connect a bomb and layout forest, i like griffin though, he doesnt give up or slow down for nothin.

Hey anyone know when Brock Lesnar is going to fight again?
    Brock is fighting in....ummm, that cant be right. Brock is fight Mark Coleman at UFC 87?
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/events.asp

I like Forrest too. I dont think hell win, but I didnt think hed win against Shogun. Rampage is fantastic and knows how to take Liddell out every time, but for some reason I dont think hell have the belt for long...

What pisses me off is the TUF finale does NOT have the Griffin vs. Rampage fight. Which means it is NOT free. Why wouldnt they fight along their trainees? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    lesner is fighting soon. he's fighting heath herring.

one of the best fights of the night was matt wiman vs thiago tvares. it was a very impressive victory for wiman. especially how he almost submitted the born and bred brazillian fighter countless times.
    Thats what I thought too..

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I watch every UFC pay-per-view...

Matt Hughes - past his time--- retire..
    Tito Ortiz - same-- but he is done in UFC anyways
    Liddell - I like him alot--
    Rampage- He is funny to watch-- I don't hate him, but I'm not a fan either
    Griffin -- Big fan-- I think he could pull a win off but definately not the favorite against Rampage.
    Anderson Silva-- He is pretty bad ass- but I don't like him that much
    Rich Franklin-- good fighter-- but if you can't even come close to beating the person with the belt, then you are basically screwed.
    BJ Penn- I like alot-- I know most people hate him. But I like him
    Tim slivia-- I absolutely hate watching him fight-- I loved watching him get his ass beat by Couture a while back.

UFC 85
    Brandon Vera-- what a horrible stoppage-- he was covering up and moving his head around. He was riding it out and not taking much punishment, and was waiting for the bell.
    That one fight (names??)-- where the guy got two points taken from him, and he lost. That was a bad call.

The knee (Okay, I see that)
    The "back of the head"--- was total BS--

Hughes accepted the fight with the other guy 4 lbs over. But he would have lost either way-- Hughes isn't that good PERIOD.

black
    01 ws6

the only fight that was dissapointing was brandon veras early stoppage... poor hughes is getting old with these new natural atheletes joining the ufc nowadays...

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post

Matt Hughes - past his time--- retire..
    Tito Ortiz - same-- but he is done in UFC anyways
    Liddell - I like him alot--
    Rampage- He is funny to watch-- I don't hate him, but I'm not a fan either
    Griffin -- Big fan-- I think he could pull a win off but definately not the favorite against Rampage.
    Anderson Silva-- He is pretty bad ass- but I don't like him that much
    Rich Franklin-- good fighter-- but if you can't even come close to beating the person with the belt, then you are basically screwed.
    BJ Penn- I like alot-- I know most people hate him. But I like him
    Tim slivia-- I absolutely hate watching him fight-- I loved watching him get his ass beat by Couture a while back.
    Hate hughes
    hate ortiz
    HATE liddel
    Rampage is ok
    Like griffin alot
    Anderson silva is a bad ass
    like Franklin
    Like Penn alot also
    FUCKING HATE tim sylvia's retarded looking ass. This is has height and thats all. No fuckin athletic skill to speak of at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Hate hughes highly agree
    hate ortiz hes ok
    HATE liddel highly agree
    Rampage is ok highly disagree
    Like griffin alot highly agree
    Anderson silva is a bad ass highly agree
    like Franklin highly disagree
    Like Penn alot also highly disagree
    FUCKING HATE tim sylvia's retarded looking ass. This is has height and thats all. No fuckin athletic skill to speak of at all. highly agree
    !

Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    the only fight that was dissapointing was brandon veras early stoppage...

I wonder if a ref's decision can be reversed. Afterall, HE has a final say...and what if its complete bullshit or, like here, a mistake?

Vera lost a ranking and now has another loss on his record.

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post

UFC 85

That one fight (names??)-- where the guy got two points taken from him, and he lost. That was a bad call.

The knee (Okay, I see that)
    The "back of the head"--- was total BS--

Hughes accepted the fight with the other guy 4 lbs over. But he would have lost either way-- Hughes isn't that good PERIOD.

Nate Marquo...or something. Technically, back of the head is anything that would behind a set of head phones. He mightve been right on the border, but its interesting to see this make such a impact in the decision.

What is a "Catchweight Bout" anyway?
    Last edited by AKIRA; 06-09-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: SORRY FOR MAKING 3 REPLIES

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I wonder if a ref's decision can be reversed. Afterall, HE has a final say...and what if its complete bullshit or, like here, a mistake?

Vera lost a ranking and now has another loss on his record.
    vera should be a lightheavyweight tops! i bet if he lost all the flab and cut weight he could make 185

silver
    2002 ws6

Nate Marquo...or something. Technically, back of the head is anything that would behind a set of head phones. He mightve been right on the border, but its interesting to see this make such a impact in the decision.

nate marquart.... he's a huge 185er! that piledriver at the end was frickin hilarious!

thats when 2 fighters agree to fight at a weight over their division limit. like when hughes and royce fought at 175.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Finally a good rule change:

"Big" John McCarthy will propose legalizing knees to the head of a grounded opponent when the Association of Boxing Commissions meets for its annual convention July 2-5 in Montreal. McCarthy, who retired from officiating in December, made the revelation during a radio show on Monday.

"It's a good technique," said McCarthy, who refereed 535 matches during his 15-year career. "It's a very effective tool, and it opens fights up."

The most recognized referee in the game has met privately with ABC representatives in the last few months to discuss amendments to the sport's Unified Rules of Combat. The ABC will unveil their efforts at its annual gathering, where its membership of nearly 80 state and tribal athletic commissions throughout North America will review them.

red
    2002 ss camaro

Brock is fighting in....ummm, that cant be right. Brock is fight Mark Coleman at UFC 87?
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/events.asp

I like Forrest too. I dont think hell win, but I didnt think hed win against Shogun. Rampage is fantastic and knows how to take Liddell out every time, but for some reason I dont think hell have the belt for long...

What pisses me off is the TUF finale does NOT have the Griffin vs. Rampage fight. Which means it is NOT free. Why wouldnt they fight along their trainees? Ugh.
    brock will fight heath hearing at ufc 87 and as for forrest and rampage they can't afford to put big names on for free when they can put them on pay per view. Personally I think rampage and forrest are going to have a slug fest and it will be entertaining.

Well lets just hope that Forrest's fight doesnt get stopped early like it did with Jardine.

I just dont understand why ref's stop fights quickly with people that are notorious for not being knocked out.

I cant believe Forrest cried and ran out of the ring on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Finally a good rule change:
    Ehhhh..

Id be surprised if they go for it, especially now that its become a national spotlight. Elbows AND knees?

I wouldnt mind cuz it makes for a more realistic fight. And with the last fight seen with Nate Mar., its sometimes unavoidable.

Though it was an illegal knee, its legal if your opponent is on both of his feet yes? IN that fight he had 1 foot down which made it illegal....am I putting this together correctly?

red
    2002 ss camaro

Ehhhh..

Id be surprised if they go for it, especially now that its become a national spotlight. Elbows AND knees?

I wouldnt mind cuz it makes for a more realistic fight. And with the last fight seen with Nate Mar., its sometimes unavoidable.

Though it was an illegal knee, its legal if your opponent is on both of his feet yes? IN that fight he had 1 foot down which made it illegal....am I putting this together correctly?
    YES but if you watch close there is about a one second gap as nate throws the knee and the knee of his apponent comes off the mat. he was just a hair early. but it was still illegal at that point.

black
    01 ws6

fuck knees to the head, that is brutal shit. I practice in mma, and when we goto mexico for tournaments they have more or less PRIDE rules, for those of you who dont know that is kicks to face allowed etc. Vale tudo

Fuck that shit, ive been in 6 matches down there, luckily worst I ever got was this weekend which was a 1/2 a black eye, but I won the tournament (amature) 5 fights in 1 day.

Got a computer virus? Need new computer Contact me 50$
    356 HP 378 TQ Corrected through 20" rims
    New Mods: 6 speed swap, SLP Lid, 4.10 gears, Pacesetter LT's, GMS Springs, KYB AGX Shocks, Relocation Brackets 17" 315 ZR1 Rims
    Future mods: Cam, Heads, Smaller Rims

Page 1 of 62 1234521314151 ... LastLast

Thread Information