Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

OffDuty Cop Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine 13 times

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/23810790/detail.html

BALTIMORE -- An off-duty Baltimore City police officer fatally shot an unarmed Marine 13 times outside a nightclub early Saturday.

According to Baltimore City police, Tyrone Brown -- a 32-year-old Marine who has served two tours of duty in Iraq -- was shot 13 times at close range. He died a short time later.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the officer shot and killed Brown, saying Brown made advances toward a woman who was with the officer.

"After the advances, the officer and the individual exchanged words," Gugliemi said. "There was an argument, and the altercation turned physical. At that point, the officer pulled out his service weapon and fired multiple shots at our victim."

Brown's sister said she was there when her brother was shot. She said they were out at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday when they approached a group of people -- including the off-duty officer -- leaving Eden's Lounge, a nightclub in Mount Vernon.

"There was absolutely no physical contact," said La-Belle Scott, Brown's sister. "The supposed officer was not in any harm whatsoever. He (Brown) had his hands up to show he didn't have no weapons or anything."

Scott said her brother tried to diffuse the situation.

"My brother tried to approach him, saying, 'Calm down, calm down. All this is uncalled for.' And, the next thing you know, several shots rang out. It was maybe eight or nine shots that rang out, and then, all I know is my brother is telling me, 'I'm shot,'" Scott said.

Brown's family said they're having a hard time understanding the whole situation, saying Brown wasn't a violent man.

"My brother was supposed to walk me down the aisle next month. I'm getting married on July 24, and he would've walked me down the aisle and he's not here."
    - La-Belle Scott,
    Tyrone Brown's Sister
    "It's just crazy that he would have to shoot 13 times at an unarmed man," Scott said. "He was a loving, caring person. (He) always looked out for everybody. He loved his kids. His family came first."

Brown is survived by a wife and two children.

"Tyrone was the love of my life. I don't know how else to put it," said Brown's wife, Loren. "We just (have to) take it one step at a time, one day at a time and just put it in God's hands. That's all I can do."

As they gather to support each other, the family said they have one wish for the future.

"I just hope justice will be served because my brother was supposed to walk me down the aisle next month. I'm getting married on July 24, and he would've walked me down the aisle and he's not here," Scott said.

The state's attorney's office will review the evidence and decide whether to file charges, which also is customary, he said.

The officer, who Guglielmi said is a 15-year veteran, has not been named. Police said they are investigating whether alcohol was a factor. The officer declined to take an alcohol breath test.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III has ordered his senior commanders to oversee the investigation. Guglielmi said the officer was being questioned, which is customary in shootings involving an officer.

Officers typically carry their service weapons while off-duty in Baltimore, but Guglielmi said they should not be carrying their guns if they intend to become intoxicated.
    The officer declined to take an alcohol breath test? So the shooter gets the option?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

He deserves life bro, I see absolutely no reason for 13 shots to be fired

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Shoot him 14 times......

2 shots in the knees
    2 shots in the hands
    2 shots in the shoulders
    2 shots in the feet
    2 shots in the nuts
    2 shots in the chest
    2 shots in the head

Do it in that order! What a fucktard, that shit pissed me off
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

wow... 2 tours in the sand box and gets shot and killed here... that's also fucked up that the officer refused a breath test...

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Shoot him 14 times......

2 shots in the knees
    2 shots in the hands
    2 shots in the shoulders
    2 shots in the feet
    2 shots in the nuts
    2 shots in the chest
    2 shots in the head

Do it in that order! What a fucktard, that shit pissed me off
    I agree.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Someone was angry. Be at least half a man and use your fists, pussy.

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

said it before ill say it again, FTP

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I will always support our LEO's however this soon to be formal LEO is going to jail. No doubts about it. Just like they teach you in CCW classes, one, two shots is fine, but the more you shot the harder the explanation is going to be. LEO refused a BAC, how is that right? We all know he was drunk, coming out of a bar at 1:30am. It's just he doesn't want anyone know how drunk he was.

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Someone was angry. Be at least half a man and use your fists, pussy.
    Agree, I blame it on a couple of things in our society today. #1 PC - growing up as a kid if 2 guys got anger they fight it out, one got ass kicked, end of argument. Now a days you talk trash and you get sued or worse brought up on hate crimes. 2nd - Video Games - Admit it they have made kids growing up detached to real violence. I love playing the game, but I know it is a game and I've also done it in real life.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Tyrone Brown - hmmm when is this going to become a hate crime, for a racist kill???

sadly yeah it could be out of racism, however I'm guessing the cop is a drunk asshole with huge insecurity issues, and power issues.

since he did kill someone, and that someone was a government soldier. I feel he should suffer death by execution, a marine fireing squad.

(btw any crime towards another regardless of color or sex, is a hate crime)
    Last edited by ibanez7; 06-07-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I will always support our LEO's however this soon to be formal LEO is going to jail. No doubts about it. Just like they teach you in CCW classes, one, two shots is fine, but the more you shot the harder the explanation is going to be. LEO refused a BAC, how is that right? We all know he was drunk, coming out of a bar at 1:30am. It's just he doesn't want anyone know how drunk he was.

Agree, I blame it on a couple of things in our society today. #1 PC - growing up as a kid if 2 guys got anger they fight it out, one got ass kicked, end of argument. Now a days you talk trash and you get sued or worse brought up on hate crimes. 2nd - Video Games - Admit it they have made kids growing up detached to real violence. I love playing the game, but I know it is a game and I've also done it in real life.

I agree with that to a point.

Yes video games do sensitize kids to violence. However it is the parents responsibility to teach the child the difference, and to not let the child play the games. hence ERSB, the video games lables and rating system is a great system that many parents over-look and or too lazy to look at. (the lame excuse "my child would never do that")

also, i would blame movies and TV, before video games. yes video games promote interaction, however its still an imaginative world. Whereas movies/tv promote more violence on a real world visual scale.

again though its the parents to be blamed for not taking responsibility on what their child is exposed to and interacts with. Technology has given parents the power to control what their kids play as far as games, and view on TV. sadly most parents suck ass these days.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

That's because parents no longer watch their kids, they let society raise them, but thats a whole nother subject.

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

That's because parents no longer watch their kids, they let society raise them, but thats a whole nother subject.
    agreed 100%, parents forgot how to be parents a long time ago, at least the majority of them

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    Tyrone Brown - hmmm when is this going to become a hate crime, for a racist kill???

sadly yeah it could be out of racism, however I'm guessing the cop is a drunk asshole with huge insecurity issues, and power issues.

since he did kill someone, and that someone was a government soldier. I feel he should suffer death by execution, a marine fireing squad.

QFT

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Bad ordeal

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

The off duty cop is black.....why would it become a racist kill??

Drunk asshole cop on a power trip? I would agree.
    Not the first time this asshole shot someone after he'd been drinking. His name is Gahji Tshamba.

Shot at the Marine 13 times & hit him 6
    Last edited by rbob93; 06-07-2010 at 08:28 AM.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    1. why did he even bring his gun to the club where he drank?
    2. I bet when on duty he's the kind of a cop that makes people hate all the cops. it takes only one.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    The off duty cop is black.....why would it become a racist kill??
    Drunk asshole cop on a power trip? I would agree.
    Not the first time this asshole shot someone after he'd been drinking.

did not see that. btw sure somebody will turn it into a racist kill somehow. maybe one was darker then the other...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28guy View Post
    said it before ill say it again, FTP
    till you need them... then you'll say they are the good guys...

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    till you need them... then you'll say they are the good guys...
    24 years and havent needed them yet, other then filing a report for a accident or robbery for insurance pruposes theres really no reason i would call them, ive met a handful of decent cops, but the vast majority have been dicks, and while stereotypes arent always correct they do exist for a reason

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I agree with that to a point.

Yes video games do sensitize kids to violence. However it is the parents responsibility to teach the child the difference, and to not let the child play the games. hence ERSB, the video games lables and rating system is a great system that many parents over-look and or too lazy to look at. (the lame excuse "my child would never do that")

also, i would blame movies and TV, before video games. yes video games promote interaction, however its still an imaginative world. Whereas movies/tv promote more violence on a real world visual scale.

again though its the parents to be blamed for not taking responsibility on what their child is exposed to and interacts with. Technology has given parents the power to control what their kids play as far as games, and view on TV. sadly most parents suck ass these days.

100% agree, I always play or review the games before my kids play them. Same for movies and tv. My teens sometimes hate it but I tell 'em tough shit

agree

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information