Thread: Is this odd?

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Is this odd?

I got an email about my trans am for sale and this is it

Hello,

I would like to buy this car, but I need some form of sales contract to be sure that I am the only buyer of the car. Sorry to be this leery but there are so many fake listings these days... I already have a sales contract prepared so I can send it to you and look at it and tell me if it is OK. Also, if you have some type of contract prepared, that will be OK. How would you like payment and when can I come and see it, and maybe test-drive it?

Thank you,
    Kremal Smith

then this one
    Hello, Here is the contract I was talking about. Please review it and tell me what you think. My attorney made it as an interactive presentation so he can highlight the important issues. I have archived the contract so you need to extract it with winrar. Also, for the security I put a password on it: go4it Winrar is free to download here: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar361.exe Thanks, Kremal

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

The attachment had no virus, but it was empty.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Scam!Stay clear of these type of "Offers"!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea sounds like a scam or something

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Almost sounds like the old Nigeria scam... I had my FOrmula on Autotrader and kept getting e-mails saying this is so and so.. I have a check ready for the car, but I owe so-n-so so much.. so if I write you a check for 5,000 more.. you pay that person 4 and keep a grand.. and we'll pick up your car... well... the certified checks end up being fake, so you're out of a car, AND are reposnsible for the amount the check was for.... I ALMOST fell for it.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

VERY ODD...steer clear, the bid itself is a legal binding contract that the buyer agrees to the terms that you have set and knowing the existing condition of the vehicle prior to him bidding.

the only thing you would need after you have money in hand for a purchase such as this would be a 'Bill of Sale' simply stating you sold 'xxxxx' to 'xxxxx' for the amount of '$xxxx' on this date 'xxxx' with no warrenty applied and sold in 'as is condition', etc. Sign it and date it. Make a copy and have the buyer sign and date it too. You keep a copy and he gets one. That is also a legal binding contract form as well.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sounds scary, my friend got ripped for 5000$ buying a GSXR off line that was supposed to be shipped to the US from Italy, lol, he did the money transfer vial western union, and the bike never came

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Phishing scam....ignore him...dont respond...

Thread Information