2005 GTO

Nude Teens Testing Limits in Vt. Town

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hippies....

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

^^^ you say that like it is a bad thing.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    What possible good does this accomplish?

Just another example of people who desperately need something to occupy their time...like a real job.

A direct quote from one of the morons:

"It's just an act of freedom," said 19-year-old Adhi Palar. "We're just doing so because we can."

Enough said. Idiots.

If it's a "cause" for them, then they should be doing it in the middle of January. That would separate the chaff from the wheat!!!
    Last edited by jad628; 09-06-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

I really didn't think that there would be any opposition to naked girls.

Besides, there are lots of things I do just because I can. As long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking the law, what's the problem?

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    What possible good does this accomplish?

Just another example of people who desperately need something to occupy their time...like a real job.

A direct quote from one of the morons:

"It's just an act of freedom," said 19-year-old Adhi Palar. "We're just doing so because we can."

Enough said. Idiots.

If it's a "cause" for them, then they should be doing it in the middle of January. That would separate the chaff from the wheat!!!
    did you read it all?

All the bare skin has raised eyebrows, even in this town of 12,000 residents that has seen clothing-optional swimming holes, streakers and an event known as "Breast Fest," which featured women parading topless.

"To most people, it's not a big deal," said Catherine Kauffman, 57, who calls Brattleboro "a don't-take-away-too-many-of-my-rights kind of town."
    i say the voters decide.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I really didn't think that there would be any opposition to naked girls.

Besides, there are lots of things I do just because I can. As long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking the law, what's the problem?
    If you want to see naked girls, go to a titty bar. I don't want to walk my kids down the street and run into a bunch of naked idiots. BTW, don't assume these will be the cream of the crop, so to speak. And I bet the majority are males, so there's another reason I don't want to see it.

But I do agree it's up to the voters there. If they say it's okay, then so be it. Public decency is what it is. I wonder what would happen if I wore a rebel flag t-shirt there? Probably get strung up. These are the same kind of people who usually forget that there is another extreme to freedom of speech. FTR, I do not own a rebel flag t-shirt, but I am trying to make a point. This is the SAME forum that had members get a thread closed that showed a black guy (presumably passed out) with a bunch of watermelon near him. It was inferred that he overdosed. That was claimed to be racist and ended the thread!!! Like a white guy never ate watermelon. I thought it was funny and would have still been funny if the guy was white, Asian, or whatever. But here some others are claiming the legality of being naked in public. What a duality of purpose. You CHOOSE to open a thread, but you cannot control what you will walk by in public. But why stop there? Why not just urinate and defecate whereever too? I mean their already naked, so why not.

Just another place I don't need to visit. If people are that stupid there, then they can have it to themselves. For some reason though, I doubt the majority of them are that stupid. Just these few morons who like the wind on their wee-wee and the few liberals who stand behind every idiotic protest that comes down the pike. The Founding Fathers of this country wore clothes as best I remember. Seems like every painting of the Revolutionary War era I have ever seen had fully clothed people. I have to think that this was NOT their idea of Freedom of Speech and individual rights.
    Last edited by jad628; 09-07-2006 at 04:32 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

The Founding Fathers of this country wore clothes as best I remember. Seems like every painting of the Revolutionary War era I have ever seen had fully clothed people.
    Adam and Eve were naked, created that way by god and intended to stay that way.

I have to think that this was NOT their idea of Freedom of Speech and individual rights.
    Times change, they thought it was acceptable to own slaves then now we don't.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

This is the SAME forum that had members get a thread closed that showed a black guy (presumably passed out) with a bunch of watermelon near him. It was inferred that he overdosed. That was claimed to be racist and ended the thread!!! Like a white guy never ate watermelon. I thought it was funny and would have still been funny if the guy was white, Asian, or whatever.

I remember that tread and thought it was funny. I thought so because it visually demonstrated a stereotype. It would not have been as funny with a white or Asian guy because they are not as stereotypically found of watermelon.

But the reason it was closed is not because it was illegal or indecent, but because it did not conform to the rules of a "private" forum. I understand you example, but you do not make the distinction between public and private.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

[
    QUOTE=gwballin;390791]Adam and Eve were naked, created that way by god and intended to stay that way.
    Yep, and they were the LAST two. Remember that little SIN thingy? The rest of us are ex post facto.

Times change, they thought it was acceptable to own slaves then now we don't.
    So would it have been okay for them to own slaves if they were naked?

They didn't have speed limits either.

They didn't have computer laws.

OPEC didn't exist (you'll appreciate that one).

But a naked person in the 1700's was almost exactly like one in the 2000's... well except for that powdered wig stuff. Some things DON'T change.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

I wonder what would happen if I wore a rebel flag t-shirt there? Probably get strung up. These are the same kind of people who usually forget that there is another extreme to freedom of speech.
    there is a difference. people never died in the name of nudity. we were born naked. we were naked for centuries. clothes are actually a new concept. i dont walk around naked, but i dont have a problem with it. you said something about your kids not seeing naked people. dont most kids prefer to be naked. skinny dippin is better than swiming with trunks!!! ask anybody thats done both.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I remember that tread and thought it was funny. I thought so because it visually demonstrated a stereotype. It would not have been as funny with a white or Asian guy because they are not as stereotypically found of watermelon.

But the reason it was closed is not because it was illegal or indecent, but because it did not conform to the rules of a "private" forum. I understand you example, but you do not make the distinction between public and private.

Gee, I thought racism was both illegal AND indecent. The stereotype you mention was inherently linked to the color of the subject. That made it "racist" to some apparently. But you are right about a "public" forum. That seems to be exactly what these naked idiots want in that town as well. Not private...public. See my point?

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Yep, and they were the LAST two. Remember that little SIN thingy? The rest of us are ex post facto..
    So god says it is a sin to be naked?

Now is that really what you gathered from my post? Or are you using that technique that tries to make your argument seem stronger by making mine look silly. Nice try however.

But a naked person in the 1700's was almost exactly like one in the 2000's... well except for that powdered wig stuff. Some things DON'T change.
    Ok, so what is wrong with being nude? And even if I were to accept that argument, black people in the 1700's were almost exactly like the ones in the 2000's but we still don't think slavery is ok. Given time, everything changes.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by D!ck View Post
    there is a difference. people never died in the name of nudity. we were born naked. we were naked for centuries. clothes are actually a new concept. i dont walk around naked, but i dont have a problem with it. you said something about your kids not seeing naked people. dont most kids prefer to be naked. skinny dippin is better than swiming with trunks!!! ask anybody thats done both.
    Agreed in a lot of ways. If you are quoting ADAM & EVE as being the first humans then you must also acknowledge that clothing started with fig leaves soon therafter. Nudity with small children is quite different when you assume innocence, but this is an age of child predators, and even more reason to want to protect kids from unnecessary sexual exposure. Showing genitals is NOT an innocent act from adults. It has consequences.
    In response to my rebel flag remark and your reparte, many died for "States Rights" as their main reason for the Confederacy, not slavery. My family did indeed fight for the Confederacy and at least one died in battle. My family was never a slave-owner/plantation one. We were your normal working-class whites. On a personal note, I think slavery of any type is wrong, was wrong ,and will always be wrong. But the "stereotype" of a Confederate Battle Flag is that it is a symbol in the support of slavery. It may be to some, but was definitely NOT to others. Any person who seriously studies the Civil War knows that slavery was about to come to an end anyway, maybe even BY the Confederate Government. The South lost though, so that will never be truly proven. But to show that battle flag is automatically viewed as racist way too quickly.

But here some nudists are in Vermont, enjoying the freedom that falls under the decision of a STATE or local government, instead of the FEDERAL one. Just what a lot of Southerners were passionate about. Yet, I would bet that if a fully clothed white male stood nearby in a rebel flag t-shirt, he would garner more looks of disgust. Is that not ironic? That's the point I wanted to make.
    Last edited by jad628; 09-07-2006 at 07:19 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Gee, I thought racism was both illegal AND indecent. The stereotype you mention was inherently linked to the color of the subject. That made it "racist" to some apparently.
    Wow, reread my post. I did not say that racism was not illegal or indecent. I said that the thread was not closed for those reasons. It was closed because it broke the rules of a privately owned forum.

However, it is not illegal to be a racist. People have the right to think whatever they like, however wrong they are.

But you are right about a "public" forum. That seems to be exactly what these naked idiots want in that town as well. Not private...public. See my point?
    I understand that you don't want to see naked people in the street. I'm fine with that. But instead of saying that they have to right walk around naked in their town, which they do, you condemn the behavior because you don't like it. I think you selectively support rights that appeal to you while advocating the reduction or elimination of other freedoms.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

gwballin;390813]So god says it is a sin to be naked?
    No, but WE are sinful. That will always be the same.

Now is that really what you gathered from my post? Or are you using that technique that tries to make your argument seem stronger by making mine look silly. Nice try however.
    Not following you.

Ok, so what is wrong with being nude? And even if I were to accept that argument, black people in the 1700's were almost exactly like the ones in the 2000's but we still don't think slavery is ok. Given time, everything changes
    Okay, not trying to be rude, but here it goes: If I am in close proximity to a good-looking naked woman, I'm going to get a boner. That makes nudity less "innocent" and much more sexual in nature. The people who claim that nudity is natural and innocent- and are really sincere- are very few. Many more are full of shit and just like to get their jollies that way.
    Vermont gets cold doesn't it? Let the hardcore ones stay naked year round, then I'll reconsider my stance.

To much can go wrong with that. It is just a breeding ground for a predator. Also they need to make it private at the concert so children can not just walk outside and see the shame.

Also what is the difference between exposing yourself (illegal) and protesting naked? I cannot see how these people are not arrested? Im all for voters getting what they want but thier is a time and place.

These same people would flip if a random person showed up to thier kids school naked, but could careless if they are in a huge group walking down a street?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Wow, reread my post. I did not say that racism was not illegal or indecent. I said that the thread was not closed for those reasons. It was closed because it broke the rules of a privately owned forum.

However, it is not illegal to be a racist. People have the right to think whatever they like, however wrong they are.

I understand that you don't want to see naked people in the street. I'm fine with that. But instead of saying that they have to right walk around naked in their town, which they do, you condemn the behavior because you don't like it. I think you selectively support rights that appeal to you while advocating the reduction or elimination of other freedoms.

So what is the private violation based on?

It's not illegal to be racist? Really? Well, take it past a thought process and put it into action. See if the Civil Rights Act of 1964 will apply. That's where racism matters.

I condemn any act that I feel is illegal and/or unethical. PETA uses nudism as a shock tactic. It's wrong. These people are in Vermont, so okay, it's the voters there who will decide if it should be a criminal violation...got it. But I stand by what I wrote, and want this to NOT become an issue in NC where I live. Fortunately, we have State laws that cover this. Genitals are not to be shown in public at any time. Breasts can be, but very seldom are.

Lastly, the title of this thread is "Nude teens testing LIMITS in Vt. town". I say they have exceeded the limit. That's all I want to relate.
    Last edited by jad628; 09-07-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

No, but WE are sinful. That will always be the same.
    So if god created us to be naked, and it is not a sin as you say, I don't understand you aversion to nudity since it is god's will.

Not following you.
    You may have just been trying to be funny, but I am under the impression that you were arguing that if people were naked I would have supported slavery when you wrote:

Okay, not trying to be rude, but here it goes: If I am in close proximity to a good-looking naked woman, I'm going to get a boner. That makes nudity less "innocent" and much more sexual in nature. The people who claim that nudity is natural and innocent- and are really sincere- are very few. Many more are full of shit and just like to get their jollies that way.
    I don't think that was rude at all.

Vermont gets cold doesn't it? Let the hardcore ones stay naked year round, then I'll reconsider my stance.
    Clothing is a tool used to make life more comfortable. I use a coat when it is cold. I use a hammer when building. To take your argument one step further does one need to carry a hammer around all year long to justify its usefulness as a tool even if you are not building anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information