Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now in Korea :D

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Now in Korea :D

All I can say is wow! Culture shock! Iv only been here a day and after talking to my sponsor and the shop chief about how things are here its a totally different world! Its like a collage campus X 1,000. Lots of drinking, lots of partying! There really is not much to do on base so they ventrure to "A Town" to the local bars. Iv already heard some of what goes on in these bars. Juice girls and such.. Sounds like im going to have a hell of a stay here. Just as long as I can keep myself out of troubble ill be fine. As long as I can keep my bike pointed away from the lawn knomes (not sure what they are called in korea) . Anyhow, Just wanted to say hello from Korea..

I was in the air for a total of about 17 hours including the flight from VA to TX. Then I had a 3 1/2 hour bus ride from the airport in Inchon (sp) to Kunsan ABS. It hit me in TX when I got on the plane and realized there were only 3 americans on the whole flight that I was actually headed to Korea. I have seen my first Korean "Ricer". It looked like a Tiberon with a huge black wing and HID's on it. Saw it when we stoped at a gas station.

The dorm rooms here suck big time. Its about a 20x20 room. My room is so crowded with furniture that I instantly feel clostrophobic when I walk in. I share a bathroom with 3 other guys. I still have yet to meet my roomate or the two guys im sharing the bathroom yet. I don't think he expected me because he had his stuff laying all over the place on my bed and everything. Either that or he just does not care. The room is a mess. Seems like everyone here is prety cool. I could barely get to sleep last night with all the noise outside. Drunk as shit people screeming and carying on around the dorms. Should be an interesting 2 years!

white
    02 mustang gt

Good luck in staying out of trouble. I was at Kunsan in 01-02 and had a blast. I almost got in a fight with a drunk the first night there. Plenty of drinking and partying. You will eventually get use to all the noise from the jets taking off. And yes the dorms suck. Enjoy your self in A-town and don't spend all your money on juicies.

Black, of course!!
    87 Buick Grand National

Kunsan huh? I think most of the Kunsan guys party at Osan anyways. But yeah, the dorm parties are the best...makes for great war stories you can tell your grandkids someday, lol.

And please don't fall in love with a juicy, hehe. Not that they're all bad people with hidden agendas, just seen too many guys get suckered in with all the night club drama and money and crap.

I did Osan in 97-98 and pretty much stayed out of trouble. Got into a couple of fights and came into work a couple times hungover. I got busted once for curfew and the shirt had to pick us up....only got an LOR, no biggie. Pretty much work hard, play hard...had an awesome time there.
    87 Buick Grand National - 10.79 @ 123.24, 1.57 60'
    95 Z28 - K&N filter, faded black paint, slow

1986 Camaro

Did a year at Yongsan (sp?) and it was the best tour I had. Your going to love it! Be sure to hit Itaewon and Osan when you get a chance.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

How do the binjo ditches smell?

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    How do the binjo ditches smell?
    I have not been downtown yet but im sure I will get the chance.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

Pohang CNFK Pohang 44990 All* E3-6 $1,250 12-Jan-06
    Attache 00511 E7-9 $1,500
    thats the AIP for going there right now. im up for orders so ive been looking

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

i assume binjo stands for open sewer?

am I right?

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic
    i assume binjo stands for open sewer?

am I right?
    You are correct sir.

White
    2000 Pontiac Formula

I'm out in Kunsan right now myself and have been out here for the last month + now. I think that it has its ups and downs. The dorms suck but atleast I have my own room.

Just a quick thanks from the non military personell to all of the troops stationed away from home supporting our country..........keep up the good work, and have fun as much as possible.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Its not to bad, just have to stay out of troubble and enjoy what there is to do.

silver
    07 Liberty

You havent the faintest idea what culture shock is, I was at K-55 Osan in 1959, the entire base was various sized quonset huts. The ROK Army lived in tents and supplied us with protection. quad 50s encircled the base. In town a quickie cost $2, and you could spend the night for $5, drinking was an olympic sport, with vodka chugalugs the most popular.

Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

arent people worried about diseases from the juicys?... just a ? i leave for AF basic in july..
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Well Cap, Just make sure you get out and see some of the country, dont just live in the bars.And take lots of pics, if you dont you will regret it later... . In the Marines you are suposed to get into at least a little trouble , dont know how AF sees it ...

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Its not incoraged but they dont say not to go out and have fun.

Most juicies are tested once a month. If people ended up geting diseases from girls at a certain bar they would loose alot of business.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

OSAN has an f22 squadron dont they? at least thats what i thought for some reason... if thats the case it sounds not so bad place to be.... me = f22 avionics (or will be i should say)

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by foshizl
    OSAN has an f22 squadron dont they? at least thats what i thought for some reason... if thats the case it sounds not so bad place to be.... me = f22 avionics (or will be i should say)
    Do they? I knew a couple of stateside bases had them, i didn't know we started sending them overseas yet though.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

I could be wrong, i thought i heard something that they have an operational flight there... since im not acctually "IN" the AF yet im just going on what i say on the iternet...

Black, of course!!
    87 Buick Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by foshizl
    arent people worried about diseases from the juicys?... just a ? i leave for AF basic in july..
    I remember one of my inprocessing briefings when I first got there and they told us that the AF guys that got STDs got them from chicks on base (read: military chicks!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information