Thread: Now I'm sour!

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Now I'm sour!

On April 8th, the neighborhood kids had a day off from school. With that said, two little fucks next door were left alone all day while their soon to be married mother went to work.

I work until 7:30 p.m.. My girl gets out at 2 p.m.. She called me that day at work to tell me the kids next door had about 10 other kids over and my truck(2005 Silverado,2500), which I am meticulous about was pelted with paintballs from a paintball gun.

She said she wiped up as much as she could. By the time I got home it was kind of dark and looked ok. Well, today I am off and I was washing my truck when on the hood I noticed the outer shell of a paint ball. When I went to remove it a chip of my truck paint about the size of a match head came with it! I'm frikkin' pissed!

So, I ask my fellow LS1 enthusiasts, what should I do? Should I have the mother pay for it? Should I call the cops?

Side note, my SS and my wifes vehicle take up the garage so my truck and my winter beater stay out side pretty much year round

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

hell id get ahold of the mother and let her know what happened. if she thought it was her kids, tell her that you guys need to work something out. if she didnt think it was them, youre callin the cops. this way your bein the good neighbor. i would have had your girl take some pictures or something before she cleaned it.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

what can u do now?
    im gonna say that u waited to long, if u wanted to call the cops u should have done it the day it happened, plus.. can u PROVE those kids did it? prolly not...
    my neighbor backed into my dads truck, there was his paint on my dads truck where he hit us and the cop stud there and said "u cannot prove, without a doubt that he did it unless u have a witness" or the other option was spend a few hundred dollars to match the paint from the kids car left on my dads truck to his car and see if it matched. my dads truck still isnt fixed todays.

THEN we had some girl right out infront of our house, she HIT my dads truck we heard it then she sped off, well i ran around the block and dragged her ass outta her car to come back to the accident, the police AGAIN said we couldnt prove what happened even though her headlight was all over the end of our driveway from hitting the truck and her car was banged up. the little teenager got a slap on the wrist and my dads truck was never fixed AGAIN. im just happy i pulled that girl outta her car, lol she was scared shitless anyway...

i doubt theres much u can do, thats my point to this long reply.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    On April 8th, the neighborhood kids had a day off from school. With that said, two little fucks next door were left alone all day while their soon to be married mother went to work.

I work until 7:30 p.m.. My girl gets out at 2 p.m.. She called me that day at work to tell me the kids next door had about 10 other kids over and my truck(2005 Silverado,2500), which I am meticulous about was pelted with paintballs from a paintball gun.

She said she wiped up as much as she could. By the time I got home it was kind of dark and looked ok. Well, today I am off and I was washing my truck when on the hood I noticed the outer shell of a paint ball. When I went to remove it a chip of my truck paint about the size of a match head came with it! I'm frikkin' pissed!

So, I ask my fellow LS1 enthusiasts, what should I do? Should I have the mother pay for it? Should I call the cops?

Side note, my SS and my wifes vehicle take up the garage so my truck and my winter beater stay out side pretty much year round
    Call the police, hands down. Take it to civil court if it can't be handled any other way.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

parents...police cant do anything..

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post

call the cops AND you insurance company t file a claim... don't even bother trying to be nice and let her pay out of pocket because she will fuck you over...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    parents...police cant do anything..
    they sure can... they file a report for when he calls the insurance company to have it repainted... now the mother of the children has to pay the deductable...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    they sure can... they file a report for when he calls the insurance company to have it repainted... now the mother of the children has to pay the deductable...
    yeah, but if he brings in the police, the parents may not admit and defend their children since there is no real proof... sure the police may know...but they cant prove... if he goes straight tothe parents they are ten times more likely to own up, that gives them room to negotiate, whether you are willing or not they feel more comfortable without the law... once you get a confession... call the cops

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

yeah, but if he brings in the police, the parents may not admit and defend their children since there is no real proof... sure the police may know...but they cant prove... if he goes straight tothe parents they are ten times more likely to own up, that gives them room to negotiate, whether you are willing or not they feel more comfortable without the law... once you get a confession... call the cops
    they can deny it when the cops get there... if she doesn't know the cops are coming that means that she doesn't have time to fabricat a story and what not...

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Actually home owners insurance will pay for the repairs. Call the police, file an incident report and go after their home owners. If you like this neighbor you can give them the chance to pay out of pocket

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    Actually home owners insurance will pay for the repairs. Call the police, file an incident report and go after their home owners. If you like this neighbor you can give them the chance to pay out of pocket
    that is IF the neighbor or Nasty has home owners ins...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I think you waited too late. Pictures should have been taken before the paint was cleaned off. That would have been your proof that it was them with their paint ball guns. Gotta hope your neighbor is decent and honest now. Good luck!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I think you waited too late. Pictures should have been taken before the paint was cleaned off. That would have been your proof that it was them with their paint ball guns. Gotta hope your neighbor is decent and honest now. Good luck!
    if not... paint ball thier fucking house while they are away... "wasn't me... must have been the same little bastards taht got my truck..."

NBM
    99 TA

Do you have kids of your own?
    If so maybe you should buy them a paintball gun and leave the house for a couple hours

That is... if the mother of the parents is not cooperative with you to begin with.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

if not... paint ball thier fucking house while they are away... "wasn't me... must have been the same little bastards taht got my truck..."
    and if you decide to get revende like i said above... be smart about it... use the same color paintballs as the kids did... give money to a friend for paint balls and borrow a gun from him... do not purchase one prior togetting even.. if they decide to investigate the first thing they will do is check credit/check card records to see if you used them to buy a paint ball gun...

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

They are always shooting the paintball gun and I even left one they did last summer on the side of my pool. It's still there. I was hoping they would notice and she would tell her kids to knock it off. I guess being too nice got me in the long run. They are the only kids in the street with a paintball gun.

As far as waiting too long? Today I FINALLY got the chance to clean my truck. With all the other residual dirt it was hard to decipher. Besides. I've been working liking a mofo and the weather hasn't been exactly user freindly with me to have washed it sooner.

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I still have two little pieces of outer shell stuck on the paint in two different areas.......I'm afraid to pull them off right now.

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

that is IF the neighbor or Nasty has home owners ins...
    I do, I'm sure she must.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

id be pissed. i would definatley say something to the parentals about that shit becasue someone would be paying to have the damage repainted.

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

You should have said something the day it happened. At the least have the kids detail the truck. Or you clean it and look it over good.

Thread Information