1966 Corvette Coupe

now i know y the service sucked...

i went to grab a bite to eat after work... sat down at a table ordered a beer (after my waitor ask me if i wanted a coke and stared at my liscence for about 30 seconds) and some food... the service was speedy, but the waitor just pretty much watched tv and made stoner comments about a dunking contest... he was a delivery service for me... thats about it... and then brought me my check about halfway through my meal... and im drinking beer here... since when is that a free refill? so i finish off with water... btw i hate water...

soooo i get my check and there it is... 18% gratuity added right in... WTF?!?!?! i dont remeber Cox party of 12.... i remember me sitting there drinking a beer and eating some fish... i would be a shitty waitor too if i could just pop my tip right on the tab...

oh an by the way i was gonna leave a nice crisp $1 bill... its the least i had other wise i would have left him a dime...

BIGRED Z
    Soooo...did you raise hell and get that gratuity removed? If you didn't you're a big wuss!!! kinda...

Lori

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yep. i wouldve raised shit for that little fucker being a peice of shit.

They can add a tip to your bill? I have never eaten somewhere they could do that....i would not eat somewhere they could do that.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yea they can...my g/f did waitressing for a long time when we were first dating. She said usually if they think the table is gonna be a shitty tipper....they'll put a gratuity on the bill. She worked at cattlemens...but there they need to have management approval first. It's there for a good reason though...to make sure the waiters don't get ripped off with a $2 tip on a $300 bill. But in your situation predator it was being abused...you should have said something.

All I know is my g/f busted her ass when she was working there... sometimes grungy looking people would come in around the first of the month(go figure) and make a huge bill...dinners...drinks from the bar....and literally leave pennies and dimes on the table.

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    They can add a tip to your bill? I have never eaten somewhere they could do that....i would not eat somewhere they could do that.
    Most places will have a posted sign declaring automatic gratuities on parties of 6 or more.

She said usually if they think the table is gonna be a shitty tipper....they'll put a gratuity on the bill.
    That's profiling!! Really, I don't think you can just make judgements by looks...

It's there for a good reason though...to make sure the waiters don't get ripped off with a $2 tip on a $300 bill. But in your situation predator it was being abused...you should have said something.

All I know is my g/f busted her ass when she was working there... sometimes grungy looking people would come in around the first of the month(go figure) and make a huge bill...dinners...drinks from the bar....and literally leave pennies and dimes on the table.
    In my experience, the grungiest folks always overtipped. It was the campers that come in right before a lunch or dinner rush, and stay past when it was over and not tip any extra that hacked me off. During the busy times, it's turnover that generates the best tips, so if I stay and linger and see the next table go through 2 or 3 groups of people while I'm sitting and hogging the one table, I will tip accordingly. It also helps to let your server know you intend on camping, but will take care of them regardless to ensure timely service.

Lori

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z

In my experience, the grungiest folks always overtipped. It was the campers that come in right before a lunch or dinner rush, and stay past when it was over and not tip any extra that hacked me off. During the busy times, it's turnover that generates the best tips, so if I stay and linger and see the next table go through 2 or 3 groups of people while I'm sitting and hogging the one table, I will tip accordingly. It also helps to let your server know you intend on camping, but will take care of them regardless to ensure timely service.

Lori
    Yea she was also always complaining about campers...but I camp too so I have selective hearing on that issue :firedevil

BIGRED Z
    As long as you pay to camp, it's all good, and less work for the server.

Lori

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah I ran into that from time to time....if the service is good I say nothing....if it is of the quality you receive....when I get my CC bill....I challenge the gratuity portion of it and they deduct the 18%....

1966 Corvette Coupe

i familiar with the over 6 ppl thing and i should have challenged it... but geez is it common for then to pull this crap? and i went in in a suit and tie... i wasnt slumming... and im actually a really good tipper unless my service is shitty... which it was... and had i been in the mood too fight it i would have even been pissed off if the person deserved the tip... and then prolly walked out without tipping... i just didnt feel like it ... i had worked like 13 hours and i just wanted some food...

badass67
    BigRed said it best.

I would have asked for the manager if I had an 18% grat added!!

Gratuity is not a law, it is a recommendation and something you do for the people serving you.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

agree 100% badass67. If you get charged a tip its not a tip. That would be the last time I ever eat at that place

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    agree 100% badass67. If you get charged a tip its not a tip. That would be the last time I ever eat at that place

No shit. I cannot see giving a tip regardless of the service, if they also felt the need to say they will add the tip to your bill its off my list aswell. I could care less if they get a shitty paycheck i will not tip unless my glass is always full, and i do not have to ask for things more than twice.

Thread Information