Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2002 Z28 Camaro A4

Not too happy with my Tattoo…

People on the Fuel Slut message boards said it looks bad, retarded, big mistake, etc.

I told the tattoo guy that I wanted the Chevy emblem in the background, in a shadow grey color with ghost flames around it, and the Z28 emblem in the middle, kind of 3-D with black shadowing around the letters.

He did it this way.

The way I wanted it would have looked much better. But he drew it this way, and said it would look good. I trusted him because he said he has been doing it for 13 years. And I don’t know shit about tattoos, it is my first.

I didn’t even want a tattoo in the first place. My Mom went there to get a little Tweety tattoo, and my friend went with us (because he knew the people) and he talked me into it.

What should I do? Go back and have him fix it?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Elimin8tor Z28 View Post
    People on the Fuel Slut message boards said it looks bad, retarded, big mistake, etc.

I told the tattoo guy that I wanted the Chevy emblem in the background, in a shadow grey color with ghost flames around it, and the Z28 emblem in the middle, kind of 3-D with black shadowing around the letters.

He did it this way.

The way I wanted it would have looked much better. But he drew it this way, and said it would look good. I trusted him because he said he has been doing it for 13 years. And I don’t know shit about tattoos, it is my first.

I didn’t even want a tattoo in the first place. My Mom went there to get a little Tweety tattoo, and my friend went with us (because he knew the people) and he talked me into it.

Click for full size
    I guess they could fix it, but fortuneatly you're stuck with it. Unless you have it removed sergicly(sp)..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Elimin8tor Z28 View Post

He did it this way.

Click for full size
    go to a shop with a GOOD reputaion and get a cover up.. a good artist can turn that into something less.. TERRIBLE.. no offence but im thinking it can be fixed.. just do it right the second time..

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Youve only had it a few days....give it a little time to settle, id say 2 months. then go back and see what it means. it def isnt "sharp" and those def arent ghost flames.

but i do think it has a certain "old school hot rod" look to it.....I'd never say its a bad tattoo

murdered out 06 z06

i think its cool. the only thing i would have done different is like i said earlier put red where the yellow is and black where the white is or vice versa. u could do a whole sleeve of car shit!! if you really dont like it then make an appt with your dermatologist and start some laser treatments but thats expensive. if i posted some of my tattoos up im sure you guys would think they are stupid and retarded but they are my tattoos and i like them.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4

Impounded
    gmcheviac

It doesn't even look straight anymore. As far as z/28 goes, back when they came out other Camaros had blue bowties and your car never had a gold bowtie. So I think the gold bowtie is kind of dumb. I would have had the z/28 symbol by itself. You might could do black over the gold.

murdered out 06 z06

the red and black idea would make it stand out more. i would try that b4 you freak out anymore. thats gonna be a pretty big cover up but could be done

Impounded
    gmcheviac

red bowtie edge and black center? That would look good

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    red bowtie edge and black center? That would look good
    yes! or the other way. if he put some dark red in there it would def change the whole look of the tattoo!!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

yeah it would be for the better. I just think the current yellow center and little orange flames is cheesy

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Looks good to me in the 2nd pic.. but I've got atleast one shitty tattoo so what do I know

2002 Z28 Camaro A4

I really wanted a tattoo like my hat. I think it looks badass! But that would be a lot of money.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

That hat looks like the kind of things I have tattooed on me

2002 Z28 Camaro A4

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    That hat looks like the kind of things I have tattooed on me
    pics?

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Here's a link.. hopefully it works. Its actually a colored tattoo idk why i took a black n white pic http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=295twmx&s=4

murdered out 06 z06

i think its a kick ass tattoo esp for the first one!

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Here's a link.. hopefully it works. Its actually a colored tattoo idk why i took a black n white pic http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=295twmx&s=4
    haha i clicked on the wrong thing and it had ur tattoo on a shirt a little kid was wearing

02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    i think its cool. the only thing i would have done different is like i said earlier put red where the yellow is and black where the white is or vice versa. u could do a whole sleeve of car shit!! if you really dont like it then make an appt with your dermatologist and start some laser treatments but thats expensive. if i posted some of my tattoos up im sure you guys would think they are stupid and retarded but they are my tattoos and i like them.
    "but they are my tatoos and i like them!" hahahaha thats wassup!! hahah

99 Z28 04 Corvette

I even like my shitty tattoos. I have a solid black star over my elbow that looks horrible

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information