Thread: North Miami????

red
    1998 Z28

North Miami????

i live in PA currently thinkin about moving to florida for a few years.... Whats it like? idealy i wanna move to north miami im just curious about it

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Miami beaches = top optional

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It is like El Salvador or Panama.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

It's more like Havanna and its hot hot hot, did i mention it's hot. Ive lived in Fla. for over 20+ yrs. and ive had enough it's just to much.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Meh. I hate Miami. Move to tampa or central florida or north florida

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

moving to key west this winter. What's that going to be like? I already know about the

I've been thinking about selling the vette to fund a boat down there because supposedly no one ever drives.

Black &Gold &Tan Inside
    2001 WS6-NHRA

hot-hot hot-out and bugs

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Miami is a shithole unless you . . . forget that it's a shithole. I travel all over the southern end of the state for my job and I live in between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I consider Miami to be anything south of Hallandale Beach Blvd. You might like northern Broward County a little better. There are a lot of former Pennsylvanians there. I'm originally from Pittsburgh.
    To ArcticZ06: The speed limits in the keys are low but everything off of the island of Key West is 10 miles away from each other. On the island most people ride scooters. WoW are you due for some culture shock. It's not just the fags, it's the bums too.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    moving to key west this winter. What's that going to be like? I already know about the

I've been thinking about selling the vette to fund a boat down there because supposedly no one ever drives.
    And its expensive as hell.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    And its expensive as hell.
    OH YEAH it is. It's like the island of Capri (cost wise) but nowhere near as pretty. No state income tax though but property and the tax on it are $$$. The winters down here are great. It's like free AC for 5 months. The summers suck. My winter electric bill is 2/5 what it is in the summer. We only have 2 seasons, Summer and spring. I've lived here off and on since 1970 and have pissed (marking my territory) in damn near every acre south of lake Okeechobee. Metaphorically you are moving to a different country.

red
    1998 Z28

i just wanna move down for a few years to try something new.... ive never been to out side of pa maryland delaware and washington dc.... i think i need to get out

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    i just wanna move down for a few years to try something new.... ive never been to out side of pa maryland delaware and washington dc.... i think i need to get out
    If you were 21+ . . . My brother from PA is visiting in late October. PM me anytime and I'll give you the down low. You better be careful, this town can make even the strongest buckle. It is what you make it and it can make you a mess if you let it. You'll see . . . Had a buddy move down from Philly. He RAN back after one summer. The lightning scared the shit out of him. You've never seen a storm till you've been down here. I've had lightning strike within feet of me several times.
    My sister move down here from Pittsburgh. 3 months and she was GONE. Couldn't handle the culture. It's different but it's never, how can I put it? Civilized! LOL
    Last edited by Goat-E; 09-28-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I would look into moving to a different part of Florida... south FL always has the worst luck with hurricanes, english is almost the second language in some areas, and its way more expensive to live vs what the jobs pay...

Im partial to central florida for obvious reasons...

Tampa is a pretty nice place to live, Orlando as well if you like a more city atmosphere, Daytona or Cocoa Beach are great if you want to live on the coast... Or head up further north to Jacksonville, Gainesville, or Tallahassee. The last 2 are big college cities(UF and FSU).

Anywhere in Florida would be a big change from where you are, but south Florida... ehhh it might not be a change for the better, thats all Im saying.

red
    1998 Z28

Alright Im more or less well just going down there cuz my fianca is down there for school at johnson and wales university... just didnt wanna say it cuz i know some guys will just say forget about her she'll find someone else but thats not the case with me i just didnt wanna hear people bustin on me... but Im pretty set on moving there i just need to find a job first off

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    Alright Im more or less well just going down there cuz my fianca is down there for school at johnson and wales university... just didnt wanna say it cuz i know some guys will just say forget about her she'll find someone else but thats not the case with me i just didnt wanna hear people bustin on me... but Im pretty set on moving there i just need to find a job first off
    No shame in that. I know that neighborhood well. I service a Chevron station just south of that school at the corner of 125 st. and Dixie hwy. I also used to date a girl that lived at the Mayfair condominium just east of there on 123-5th street. A girlfriend of mine was a bartender in that hood last year. That area is a mixed bag. The further west you go the worse it gets. I live about 15 minutes north of there as the GTO flies.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I would move to tampa/clearwater, ft lauderdale, or orlando. Miami is fags and cubans dude. Everybody automatically thinks of south beach and vacationing when they think of miami. The rest of it is a toilet like all these guys already said. Dont you watch in the first 48 on a&e? the majority of that show all takes place in miami/dade lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    It is like El Salvador or Panama.
    But higher in gold diggers

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    But higher in gold diggers
    you could say that again.

im from NY and i hate this fucking POS place, i will be moving back to NY in a coulp of years

Thread Information