Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

No Fun League is back.

The National Football League will reportedly be cracking down on excessive celebrations and taunting this upcoming season.
    Pro Football Talk
    reports that that referees working training camps have been warning players about celebrating too much.

The taunting rule is nothing new in the NFL, but what some critics have dubbed the “No Fun League,” officials will now go a step further to enforce the rule.

The NFL rulebook states that a team will be penalized a loss of 15 yards if a player commits these acts: “sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing.”

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith – who has always celebrated a touchdown by spinning the football – told Pro Football Talk that he will continue to spin the ball while staying within the rules.

An NFL spokesperson told Deadspin that the crackdown on “spinning the ball” will only apply to teams moving down the field, not a touchdown.

NFL Plans To Crack Down On Excessive Celebrations This Season « CBS DC

I swear every year the NFL comes up with new ways to ruin it. Trash talk and TD celebrations are what made the NFL.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

In a few years every player have to compliment one another after every play or be penalized. Bunch of BS

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ok....mark the date because I never agree with anything the nfl does but I do agree with this. I don't want to see players showboat. Back in the day no one did that then you had the dieon sanders bullshit start and it's just gotten worse from there. You know it's bad when every monday the nfl network does a "dancing with the starters" segment on celebrations. I would take this rule any day over the other rules that are neutering the defenses. Don't think for a minute that the "no kickoff" thing their doing for the pro-bowl this year isn't a hint of things to come in the regular season.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't know. Too many stupid rules these days. The only things on that list that I could even possibly agree with would be; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; or verbal taunting; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation). The rest, IMHO, is just good old fashioned exuberance for a job well done

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Pretty soon it'll be the National Flag football League...

Thread Information