Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Nitro RC cars, anybody have one

I'm lookin to get one possibly, a cheap one under $250

are they fun, a bitch to maintain, lets hear it..

2002 SS

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lmao

Black
    '98 Z28

Those things look like a helluva fun time.

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

I have 2 of them both gas powered. I have an 1/8 scale ultra gtp with a benz and a Mclaren F1 body with upgraded electronic. I also have a 1/8 scale lightning pro truck all aluminum body and a big motor (surefire .32) This truck hauls ass, it will do about 50-65 mph and can go through anything mud,snow,sleet, rocks you name it and it go through it. The only downside about the truck is parts tend to break more easily if you drive through the above conditions i stated but on the plus side parts are cheap unless you break the motor. My car will also go about 55 mph which is all stock except for the electronics and steel belted tires. They are tons of fun and worth every penny (i think)

As far as maintenance its not really a bitch just make sure you clean it after you run it since it will prolong the life of the parts. Finally the most important thing if you get one MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE BREAK IN PROCEDURE THE ENGINE or you will be buying a new motor the following day. If you get one from a hobby store most places break them in for you and if something breaks while they are doing it they replace it not you .Sorry for the novel but i can go on about these things all day.

2002 SS

RC Hydro Foam Boat/Plane
    http://www.hobbytron.com/HydroFoam.html

http://www.hobbytron.com/movies/Factory Video.wmv

This one's way cool

RC Hydro Boat Action

Miss Budweiser being bitchy
    Last edited by The Answer; 12-09-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Not too bad to mantain, to keep them in tune the small carbs can be a bitch to tune your basically have a high speed needle, low speed needle and idle screw. You can tune it to run one morning like in the video and you can be fine but try to fire it up and run that afternoon when its a few degrees warmer or the humidity has changed and you are fiddling with the needles to make it run right.
    Too rich it bogs out, too lean it runs awesome but very hot and you end up toasting your engine.
    Stick with one of the major brands, Traxxas, HPI, Savage, TMaxx, Revo if your looking for a 4x4 truck or buggy.
    the buggys and cars will most always be faster, but you are limited to where you can run, on road mostly get into say your lawn and your just high centered. Ive taken my truck and pushed it to its limit and beyond 40 foot jumps and doing double backflips tend to break parts.
    If you buy used be sure to have the preivous owner demo the car/truck it should run as good as in the video without having much trouble starting, idle fine and run without cutting out or having the engine die are all signs of a worn engine or one that is way out of tune.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i have had 3 of the hpi nitro powered cars and loved them....i find that the OS motor is really great and dependable.....i have also had 2 traxxas cars and still have a nitro rustler...ok product but not great......the associated electronics cars are really awesome...i have two of thier electrics and have seen many of thier gas powered cars run....hella fast!

btw good luck with that 250.00 price tag....lol

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

well i've found like 5 made by this company called smartech, and they have a decnet website with all the extra replacment parts, and they make like 20 gas powered models, so i might just get one of those.

1966 Corvette Coupe

TRAXXAS!!!!... dude ive had a nitro rustler for like 6 maybe years now... love the thing... yes they are a bit of a bitch sinc you have to tune them like all the time and blah blah blah, but they have improved alot since i bought one... and traxxas just came out with some monster motor... that you just have to have...

-me

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    well i've found like 5 made by this company called smartech, and they have a decnet website with all the extra replacment parts, and they make like 20 gas powered models, so i might just get one of those.
    Don't get a cheap brand the parts take forever to get.

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

I have a hpi hellfire,hpi savage, and a losi xxxnt. For the price you want to pay you won't find a good new one. What kind of vehicle r u looking for truck,buggy,monster truck, street car let me know and I'll help. By the way my losi goes about 80 ported the sleeve and carb.

1966 Corvette Coupe

oh just to let you know if you are looking for just a beater one to learn on... i would consider selling mine...

-me

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

pm me with some details, cost of car, shipping to Hartford area CT

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    I have a hpi hellfire,hpi savage, and a losi xxxnt. For the price you want to pay you won't find a good new one. What kind of vehicle r u looking for truck,buggy,monster truck, street car let me know and I'll help. By the way my losi goes about 80 ported the sleeve and carb.
    i think a buggy, something i can run on a dirt track and also handle nice on pavement when i'm not at the track

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

We race R/C boats but they are gas. We race all over the U.S. Now we used to race Nitro boats but they are a PITA to maintain!!!! We would be working on them in between heats all the time, while the gas guys would just refuel and thats about it! So we got out of Nitro and got into gas. But there arent too many gas buggies or cars out there. The boats are a blast. We have 11 hulls and 7 complete boats. 35-84 mph range!1 I love it but its not cheap at all!!

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i was thinking about getting a boat, but cant use it all year where i live

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

Buggy's r expensive The cheapest you can find one is around $400 for a decent one, hyper seven ofna. Save your money and just get a monster truck stronger and cheaper and pop insane wheelie's.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I have an electric motor R/C car, looks almost exactly (Same company) like this:

You have the good idea getting a Nitro R/C, The electric ones are cool, but the Nitro ones have way more power, and with the electric ones you get 15 minutes of play time (When the batteries are new) and 3 hours of charging

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea thats all i've had my entire life dam electric ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information