Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 3

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

NFL Week 3

Week 3 is coming fast...

Pewter
    '00 SS

Big test for texans and saints this week. Dont really care who wins. Just want a good game
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes sir it is and the Packers play the Bears. Always a game to watch. Being from south east WI there is alway alot of rivalry going on since those IL C$%^ gobblers live so close. Once you get down to the border Its like half the cities are packer fans and half are bears fans no matter what side you are on. The towns are ready for a battle

Navy Blue Metallic

I'll go ahead and pick the Packers for that game.

Anybody else think that giving the full details of the injury reports of players makes the game any better? To me it just makes it for the other team to know what to target and I don't mean what player to play against, I mean what player to go after to hurt more.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Injury report is for the fans only i think. Sure it probably does put a target on who and how to hurt somehow more.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes sir it is and the Packers play the Bears. Always a game to watch. Being from south east WI there is alway alot of rivalry going on since those IL C$%^ gobblers live so close. Once you get down to the border Its like half the cities are packer fans and half are bears fans no matter what side you are on. The towns are ready for a battle

I can't say TX is like that. The state is 94% Cowboys and 6% Texans, with most of them in the Houston region. Only time the rest of the state jumps on the texans bandwagon is when Cowboys are out of the playoffs.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I'll go ahead and pick the Packers for that game.

Anybody else think that giving the full details of the injury reports of players makes the game any better? To me it just makes it for the other team to know what to target and I don't mean what player to play against, I mean what player to go after to hurt more.
    I am picking packers aswell but you never know. We have always had a tough time against the Bears, rarely do we blow them out and I am worried about the packers secondary this year. The panthers were walking on us.

Teams as a whole are most likely not trying to hurt anyone. But yes a known injured player is a target.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Injury report is for the fans only i think. Sure it probably does put a target on who and how to hurt somehow more.

and bookies

Navy Blue Metallic

John you must have missed the Buddy Ryan years as a coach. It was unconfirmed that he put bounties on players.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I can't say TX is like that. The state is 94% Cowboys and 6% Texans, with most of them in the Houston region. Only time the rest of the state jumps on the texans bandwagon is when Cowboys are out of the playoffs.
    I guess I am in that 6% then. I have never liked the cowboys and I am from Houston. Only other team I go for is the Saints and that is because I was born there and lived there up until my junior gear in high school. I like the Texans even when they suck. Which has been the case since they have become a franchise. Last couple years they have made slow progressions though.

Arctic White, red/gray

John you must have missed the Buddy Ryan years as a coach. It was unconfirmed that he put bounties on players.
    Obviously some people are dicks but most coachs are more worried about winning and the team and franchise doing good than hurting other players. It plays a huge part in player match ups though

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I am picking packers aswell but you never know. We have always had a tough time against the Bears, rarely do we blow them out and I am worried about the packers secondary this year. The panthers were walking on us.

Teams as a whole are most likely not trying to hurt anyone. But yes a known injured player is a target.
    Based on how the Bears looked this past week, I'm picking the Packers also...and I'm a die-hard Bears fan.

Regardless though, I do agree with you. These games are always cut throat and close. This is one hell of a rivalry. I went to the Bears/Packers game in January of this year up in Lambeau. Froze our asses off, but it was one hell of a good time. Bears lost that game, 3-0.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did I say you could start this thread? You didn't even put the match up's in it.

New England vs @Buffalo
    @Cleveland vs Miami
    @Tennessee vs Denver
    Detroit vs @Minnesota
    @New Orleans vs Houston
    @Philadelphia vs New York (NYG)
    @Carolina vs Jacksonville
    New York (NYJ) vs @Oakland
    Baltimore vs @St. Louis
    @San Diego vs Kansas City
    Green Bay vs @Chicago
    Arizona vs @Seattle
    @Tampa Bay vs Atlanta
    Pittsburgh vs @Indianapolis
    @Dallas vs Washington

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Based on how the Bears looked this past week, I'm picking the Packers also...and I'm a die-hard Bears fan.

Regardless though, I do agree with you. These games are always cut throat and close. This is one hell of a rivalry. I went to the Bears/Packers game in January of this year up in Lambeau. Froze our asses off, but it was one hell of a good time. Bears lost that game, 3-0.
    Its the oldest NFL rivalry. Bears vs packers both formed in the early 1900s and have been at it ever since.

Also I am very interested in the lions vs vikings game. The whole division in two games
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-20-2011 at 12:45 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

some good divisional games this week......the texans/saints game will also be a good game I believe. My upset pick is buffalo over the pats. I like the momentum buffalo has right now.......they're well coached and have fire right now. Not sure if their talent level is up to beating the Pats but I'd like to see them do it to shock the world.

Pewter
    '00 SS

New England vs @Buffalo- PATS
    @Cleveland vs Miami- BROWNS
    @Tennessee vs Denver- TITANS
    Detroit vs @Minnesota- LIONS
    @New Orleans vs Houston- SAINTS (even though I would like to see Texans take it)
    @Philadelphia vs New York (NYG)- EAGLES
    @Carolina vs Jacksonville- JAGS
    New York (NYJ) vs @Oakland- JETS
    Baltimore vs @St. Louis- RAVENS
    @San Diego vs Kansas City- CHIEFS
    Green Bay vs @Chicago- PACKERS
    Arizona vs @Seattle- SEAHAWKS
    @Tampa Bay vs Atlanta- FALCONS
    Pittsburgh vs @Indianapolis- STEELERS
    @Dallas vs Washington- COWBOYS (honestly hope SKINS win but we will see what happens)

My picks for the week. Comment as you see fit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Who's the back up for romo? A few good hits on those ribs and he won't be in long.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    New England vs @Buffalo- PATS
    @Cleveland vs Miami- BROWNS
    @Tennessee vs Denver- TITANS
    Detroit vs @Minnesota- LIONS
    @New Orleans vs Houston- SAINTS (even though I would like to see Texans take it)
    @Philadelphia vs New York (NYG)- EAGLES
    @Carolina vs Jacksonville- JAGS
    New York (NYJ) vs @Oakland- JETS
    Baltimore vs @St. Louis- RAVENS
    @San Diego vs Kansas City- CHIEFS
    Green Bay vs @Chicago- PACKERS
    Arizona vs @Seattle- SEAHAWKS
    @Tampa Bay vs Atlanta- FALCONS
    Pittsburgh vs @Indianapolis- STEELERS
    @Dallas vs Washington- COWBOYS (honestly hope SKINS win but we will see what happens)

My picks for the week. Comment as you see fit.
    those are really the only ones I have a problem with. Saints/Texans is a toss up IMO......Saints probably should win that game with homefield but the Texans are the real deal. I'd also like to see how much Foster plays.
    The Clowns barely beat Indy so I just don't see them doing it against Miami. Miami looked halfway decent against the Pats.
    Cam Newton is on fire right now......I don't see JAX being able to outscore Carolina if you can believe that. Not a fan of Jax offense.
    Chiefs have been blown out 2 weeks in a row against teams that SD would probably blow out.....no way they're even close to being in this game. SD will win by 20+ points.
    Cowboys are almost at their usual self destruct point in the season. Homefield will be nice to have but I think Washington will pull it out in a close one.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Who's the back up for romo? A few good hits on those ribs and he won't be in long.
    Shitna

Pewter
    '00 SS

I said the chiefs cause thats my sleeper pick this week

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information