BUF V JAC
    CHI V SEA
    DET V IND
    GB V MIN
    HOU V TEN
    CAR V KC
    SF V STL
    NE V MIA
    NYJ V ARZ could be just the game arizona needs to end the 7 game losing streak, may change this pick
    DEN V TB If Denver doesnt get their shit together, they could easily lose to Tampa
    OAK V CLE could be a close one
    CIN V SD
    BTL V PIT if Rapelissberger is back I might change this one
    DAL V PHI

Mon:
    NYG V WAS could be another close one

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    That is pretty funny. Less than 500 votes so far, huh

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Thur: ATL V NO ATL isn't as good as their record shows IMO...NO is better than their record

Sun:

BUF V JAC Might change
    CHI V SEA If Cutler starts again
    DET V IND
    GB V MIN They better get their shit together...might change if Matthews is still out
    HOU V TEN
    CAR V KC
    SF V STL
    NE V MIA
    NYJ V ARZ
    DEN V TB Should be a good game
    OAK V CLE
    CIN V SD
    BTL V PIT
    DAL V PHI

Mon:
    NYG V WAS Skinz baby!!!!!

05 Wrangler

Saints and their damn turn-overs. Oh well, on the bright side the loss might help the skins get a wild card spot

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Saints and their damn turn-overs.

At least none of the 5 interceptions were pick-6s. wow

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Thur: ATL V NO - Already done, but I pick Atlanta every week.

Sun:

BUF V JAC
    CHI V SEA
    DET V IND
    GB V MIN
    HOU V TEN
    CAR V KC
    SF V STL - Hopefully a W instead of a T this time
    NE V MIA - My brother from another mother Reggie (we share last names)
    NYJ V ARZ - Jets suck donkey balls going with ARZ <<<<Agreed.
    DEN V TB
    OAK V CLE - Sorry Raiders, you disappoint me every week, going with Weeden.
    CIN V SD - who gives a crap, but uhhhh, inny minny miny moe, let's go San Diego...cause it rhymes.
    BTL V PIT
    DAL V PHI

Mon:

NYG V WAS

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

ATL looks like it's going to run the gauntlet.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

It's funny how no matter how long ATL continues to roll, guys will continue to say that they are not for real. While no matter how long NO continues to slide, guys will continue to say they've got a shot. I've said it before and i'll say it again and again and again...the Saints' season ended when Payton was suspended. Just like New England, take either Brady or Belichik out of the game, and you've got a 9-7 team at best. The only exception I can think of to that is Peyton Manning...it doesn't seem to matter who coaches him. As long as he's in, 12-4 seems to be all but guaranteed.

As for ATL, I don't think most guys are going to believe that they can win the superbowl until Ryan is holding the Lombardi Trophy in his hands.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

ATL is the real deal this year. I hope that they make it to at least the NFC championship. While I do hope more that the 49ers win it all, I would be happy to see Atlanta do it as well...just a little less happy.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I've not said anything negative about ATL this yr. They look good.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    It's funny how no matter how long ATL continues to roll, guys will continue to say that they are not for real. While no matter how long NO continues to slide, guys will continue to say they've got a shot. I've said it before and i'll say it again and again and again...the Saints' season ended when Payton was suspended. Just like New England, take either Brady or Belichik out of the game, and you've got a 9-7 team at best. The only exception I can think of to that is Peyton Manning...it doesn't seem to matter who coaches him. As long as he's in, 12-4 seems to be all but guaranteed.

As for ATL, I don't think most guys are going to believe that they can win the superbowl until Ryan is holding the Lombardi Trophy in his hands.
    Guilty as charged I think they're good but not as good as their record...or maybe it's just me expecting a 11-1 team to be dominant beyond all doubt like the Patriots of old. They've struggled in many games with a semi-easy schedule...that may fly in the regular season but they won't go far in the post season like that IMO.

We keep thinking the Saints have a shot because they can still drive the ball up and down the field at will...but they obviously have turn-over issues right now. IMO the Saints are still elite and a better team than the Falcons.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Guilty as charged I think they're good but not as good as their record...or maybe it's just me expecting a 11-1 team to be dominant beyond all doubt like the Patriots of old. They've struggled in many games with a semi-easy schedule...that may fly in the regular season but they won't go far in the post season like that IMO.

We keep thinking the Saints have a shot because they can still drive the ball up and down the field at will...but they obviously have turn-over issues right now. IMO the Saints are still elite and a better team than the Falcons.
    There are teams like the Patriots and Saints that just play full throttle all the time, no matter the opponent. The advantages are obvious (in addition to the records they shatter), but in almost every case, they have a major achilles heel. Like New England for instance...if you can figure out how to consistently pressure Brady, the team is effectively neutralized (unlike say Vick or RG3, who will torch you if you go after them). Conversely there are teams that play to the level of their opponents - the game managers. They don't win big, but they win. In my opinion this is the better type of team for the long haul. They don't put up huge leads on opponents but they also never let the game get away from them. I think these teams are better because they are used to constant adjustment. They can react much faster to their opponents and as a result, they always get to the 4th quarter in a situation where they can win.

I disagree about the Saints being the better team. Between last season and this season that changed...even with Payton in the picture. I say with both teams at their best, the Falcons are now just a tad better.

red
    95 Z28

IMO the Saints are still elite and a better team than the Falcons.
    Not right now they're not. But the Falcons still havent proven they can do jack shit in the playoffs, so that's why there will always been doubt with them until they do win.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ATL will never make it to the superbowl....much less win it. NO had 5 turnovers....and still outplayed them the whole game. Drew played like shit....just as he did against the 9ers. Even on one of his average days they win that game. ATL won by 1 point over TB and have a handful of 7 points or less wins. They won't get away with that shit in the playoffs. San Fran will be the NFC team in the superbowl....ATL will be 1 and done....again.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Not right now they're not. But the Falcons still havent proven they can do jack shit in the playoffs, so that's why there will always been doubt with them until they do win.

Agreed, NO is far from an elite team currently and Atlanta has proven they can roll through the regular season with a spectacular record. They have yet to prove they can play this well come playoff time though. They have another opportunity this year to shut up their naysayers though.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    ATL will never make it to the superbowl....much less win it. NO had 5 turnovers....and still outplayed them the whole game. Drew played like shit....just as he did against the 9ers. Even on one of his average days they win that game. ATL won by 1 point over TB and have a handful of 7 points or less wins. They won't get away with that shit in the playoffs. San Fran will be the NFC team in the superbowl....ATL will be 1 and done....again.
    OK I understand that ATL is your bitter division rival and all, but geez. Any team that committed 5 turnovers and lost a game DID NOT "outplay" their opponent. Even forgetting that, outplaying an opponent accomplishes exactly squat if you can't beat them. I have to completely disagree...at no point was NO ever in the lead in that game. They got pretty thoroughly and consistently beat by ATL.

The Saints' season ended before it began. The current team has become a victim of the mistakes made by a few of it's current and past members, this is the price they pay. It's far past time to write off this season and look ahead to next year. I'm a psuedo-fan of the PA teams and I have long since accepted that Philly's season is over, and next year is likely going to be a rebuilding year...and that Pittsburgh's run is likely done...i'm looking ahead to next DECADE.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    OK I understand that ATL is your bitter division rival and all, but geez. Any team that committed 5 turnovers and lost a game DID NOT "outplay" their opponent. Even forgetting that, outplaying an opponent accomplishes exactly squat if you can't beat them. I have to completely disagree...at no point was NO ever in the lead in that game. They got pretty thoroughly and consistently beat by ATL.

The Saints' season ended before it began. The current team has become a victim of the mistakes made by a few of it's current and past members, this is the price they pay. It's far past time to write off this season and look ahead to next year. I'm a psuedo-fan of the PA teams and I have long since accepted that Philly's season is over, and next year is likely going to be a rebuilding year...and that Pittsburgh's run is likely done...i'm looking ahead to next DECADE.
    I understand their season is over....starting 0-4 ended their season. Not sure if you watched the game or not but NO did outplay Atl everywhere except the scoreboard. They had the ball 4 extra times and could only muster a 10 point victory. Give a good team 4 extra possessions and see what happens. Saints have statistically the worst D in the history of the league this year and Ryan had 165 yards and 1 TD and they had 120ish yards rushing when a third or more of those yards were on the first drive. Mistakes cost NO that game....they weren't outplayed. The end of the first half was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Get a TD called back on a penalty and then go into half without any points? That was very Romo-ish. Turnovers decided that game and if you watch those picks almost all were due to either bad decisions by Drew or just shitty throws. The safety coming from the middle of the field was probably the only earned pick and even that ball shouldn't have been thrown. 1 was some half ass throw to a lineman, one was behind Ivory and a tipped ball, another was too high for Colston, and the other he threw the ball way late into the endzone with a safety coming over. Just poor decision making by Drew. It happens. Either way Atl will be 1 and done again this year.

05 Wrangler

I just shook my head when they let the clock run out on the 1/2 yard line before the half...I couldn't believe it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information